4.0 out of 5 stars Very solid and some craftsman type detail

3.0 out of 5 stars Winsome Wood Wine Cabinet with Glass Door, Espresso
Published on January 8, 2010 by M. C. Ryan

4.0 out of 5 stars Very solid and some craftsman type detail, December 11, 2009
Rim (Alexandria, VA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Winsome Wood Wine Cabinet with Glass Door, Espresso (Kitchen)
The pieces are solid wood (espresso finish) and they look nice. Easy to assemble but be sure to follow the directions. What I was really impressed with was how they made the back of the cabinet. I've made other ready-to-assemble furniture, like book cases, where the back of it is thick cardboard and is attached to the outside back via small nails. I can see why manufacturers would do this because it is much cheaper for them. For this cabinet though, the back is thin plywood and it is attached to the back via grooves inside the cabinet - no nails or glue! This is the type of back I see from the show The New Yankee Workshop which I think could fool other people to thinking it's not ready-to-assemble.

Two small things prevented me from giving it 5 stars. The first is the door stop that's inside the cabinet to prevent the door from going too far in the cabinet. The door stop (two of them) is made of plastic with what looks like a magnet inside and one of mine was cracked. It wasn't enough to send it back but I ended up taping it together and it seems ok. What was also weird is, the door itself had no metal strip inside it so the door stop having a magnet doesn't make sense. Fortunately, the door is snug enough not to need a magnet to hold it closed. The second thing is the strong odor of furniture polish. I don't think it's the smell of wood because it's too strong. When I open the door, I get a whiff of what I normally smell from furniture polish (and I didn't use anything on it - just a duster). It was strong enough that I worried if it would somehow leave a taste in the wine glasses I have stored in it. I've used a wine glass from it and did not detect any off-taste so that's good.

I would definitely buy again - will see if Winsome also makes end tables since I'm in need of one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Winsome Wood Wine Cabinet with Glass Door, Espresso, January 8, 2010
I agree with the comments written by the prior reviewers - very nice looking, fairly easy to assemble. While I am not a regular reviewer, I had 2 concerns with the cabinet. 1) the back panel was damaged and 2) the smell of polish does not seem to go away. On the issue of the polish, I have left the cabinet out over night to air out and closed it with an open container of baking soda and am unable to get rid of the harsh smell. I am concerned with the taste it may leave in a stored wine glass. Will experiment with a glass that has been in there for a day or two. The back panel was less problematic and I was not interested in getting a replacement panel because I wanted to have it assembled for the holidays. Overall, a good piece of furniture with a heavy polish smell that does not appear to go away.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I expected, May 15, 2011
I received this as a wedding gift and I love it! It is exactly how it appears and is of very solid construction for something ordered online. For $100 dollars you will not find better quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value,perfect size, February 27, 2011
Overall a great product for the price and a "just right" size. Everything arrived earlier than expected and the packaging and finished product came out perfect. Contrary to other reviews, I did not have a scratch or problem of any sorts. Assembly is less than an hour even if you are a perfectionist. Very slight odor of stain or polish but that was gone when I was finished assembling. Each part is foam wrapped so shipping damage is only going to happen if you drop the whole box in delivery. At about 65 lbs, the unopened box might be a little hassle but no problem for the average guy or two people. Everything is nicely marked and can be assembled with a screwdriver or use the enclosed allen wrench. Nice little details on the inside shelf, legs and routered top. It easily holds a dozen large red wine glasses and still has plenty of room for openers, stoppers, and misc wine items. I am having a small glass top made for the top of the cabinet to protect it from scratches and alcohol stains and rings. It holds a case of wine nicely as a stop to unclutter your fridge or save steps down to a wine cellar/basement during a party.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible Product, Bad Quality & Missing Pieces, July 21, 2010
Do not purchase this product. It looks very nice online, but you will be very surprised. After waiting two weeks to receive the product due to back-order, I received this cabinet with many pieces missing. I was missing so many pieces that it could not be assembled. I contacted the manufacturer (no website, forced to fax order form) and they stated that it would take somewhere between 5-10 days for me to receive the missing pieces.

Also, it was very apparent that the product had been returned and repaired then resold to me. If you look closely at the corners of the piece, they have been damaged/dented and then repainted. It was also very apparent that it had been assembled and then disassembled.

I read reviews online where other people had experienced the same issues but ignored them. I would take my advice. This product is junk and the manufacture doesn't seem to be very quality/customer service based.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap quality. Arrived broken., April 27, 2013
Horrible. Was happy when box arrived and disappointed when I opened it. Cheap quality. I would have Burt it in my fire pit, but decided refund was a better option.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, June 1, 2012
This is made of wood and very sturdy. It was easy to put together and looks great! I would recommend this product line to anyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice cabinet, October 23, 2009
Great cabinet. Nice dark color and a solid frame. Can hold up to 16 wine bottles and larger liquor bottles too. Assembly takes roughly 30 minutes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Elegant!, May 1, 2013
This is an elegant wine cabinet that compliments or dark kitchen cabinets. Very easy assembly as it comes partially assembled into only about 8-10 major pieces.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, May 1, 2013
D. Reed (Destin Florida) - See all my reviews
Purchased this Cabinet for my growing wine collection. It was very easy to put together and I mean easy because I did it by myself. The quality of the wood looks and feels very nice- fits in well with some of my other more expensive furniture pieces. I would recommend this piece to anyone- very nicely made. I like the fact that the glasses go in it as well- they hang nicely and still leave plenty of room for the opener and other wine glass accessories I have. Great buy!

Winsome Wood Wine Cabinet with Glass Door, Espresso