4.0 out of 5 stars Winsome Wood Basket
Published on November 30, 2008 by Denise Connett

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm. For thirty bucks?
Published on September 1, 2007 by Picky Picky

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm. For thirty bucks?, September 1, 2007
This review is from: Winsome Wood Leo Storage Baskets, Set of 2,Walnut Finish (Kitchen)
I have been shopping for baskets a lot recently. Trying to find the right size, color and quality for the right price. I thought I had done it with these, but I was a little disappointed. They kind of have some orange tones in them and are not a very deep color. The picture implies "espresso" right? It's not. They look okay, but feel pretty cheap for the price. Thirty bucks for what seems like a nickel's worth of materials. Also, when you open the box, they have a weird, chemical smell from the dye, which, thankfully dissipates. But, here's the thing- they are still cheaper than most that you can find in any store these days and the measurements are correct in the description. They are not great, definitely not the best looking, but they are functional, usable, little guys and I just ordered another set to match the ones I already have. ;)

4.0 out of 5 stars Winsome Wood Basket, November 30, 2008
Denise Connett (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
I am very satisfied with the quality, and construction of the baskets. I am currently using them for storage on a bookcase where they are being slid on and off the shelves on a daily basis to access the contents. After 2 months, they are holding up wonderfully. As an aside, the color has a slightly redder hue then I was expecting from the description of espresso. Something to keep in mind if you are using them for decorating purposes.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT Espresso, January 27, 2011
Simply put, these are NOT espresso color. I complained that it was the wrong color, and they sent me the wrong color again. The baskets are for code 92211 are "Antique Walnut", and apparently the only color the Winsome company has. Look at the company website, and you can see how bad the baskets look with the espresso frame. We looked hard to find a storage unit with baskets we liked in espresso to match other items in the room, and this is was a huge failure. Now we have to see if we can send back the frame we put together, since it came before the basket. Look elsewhere if you want espresso.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality, January 18, 2008
LOTR Lover "Anduin" (Salt Lake City, Utah) - See all my reviews
I needed some durable, cube-shapped baskets to fit in my narrow, shelf tower for my bathroom. All the baskets I found in my local stores would not fit because they were either rectangle-shaped and too long, or square-shaped and too short. The Winsome baskets are square baskets that are a little more wide than they are long. I also liked how tall they were. Office files would fit in them perfectly. The weave is very tight and stiff, and the wire frame is strong. Overall, these baskets are very durable. The only thing I didn't like about this product was the price. It also took almost a month for me to receive this product after I had paid for them. The color is exactly the same as the picture.

1.0 out of 5 stars these are junk, September 5, 2012
The picture and description make them seem like they are something they are not: strong heavy duty and attractive. They are wrapped in a very thin skinny wicker with pieces poking out everywhere. They do not seem like they will withstand the treatment they will get from my kids. Plus they look like something from the dollar store not amazon :( dissappointed

1.0 out of 5 stars Contains chemicals known in the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects, February 21, 2013
I was very disappointed to open the amazon box and find a large notice on the product box that these containers had been made with chemicals known in the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects. I wish there had been a warning on amazon. I don't really know what this warning means and why they only refer to California, but when purchasing things to use for my daughter, it is disconcerting. Didn't even open to see the boxes themselves.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what they used to be! Beware!, March 2, 2013
Back in 2009 I bought a set of these baskets and they were beautiful. I bought another set a few years later and they weren't as nice but still okay. The set I just bought are AWFUL. They are inferior in every way. The materials are cheap: the reeds are thinner and fuzzy, and not as long so the weave patter itself is different. There is some warping in the shape of the baskets. The ends of the reeds just poke into the interior of the baskets. There is already breakage of reeds in the sides, so there are small holes. The color is uneven, and the beautiful shine of the first set I bought has become a mangy matte. In short, these are NOT the same baskets in the picture and should not be offered as the same product, certainly not at this price.

2.0 out of 5 stars Quality & color are OK but not great., October 27, 2012
Bought these baskets about 2 years ago. The quality and color were nice then! But I have recently order 2 more and unfortunately the quality and color has diminished. The 2 recently purchased baskets did not match each other in color. One looked stained and the other looked painted. The quality of them didn't match either. One had loose and sloppy weaving around the top. What happened to there quality control? Sorry I don't recommend these baskets. And for the diminished quality, I have to say they are overpriced.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed, March 28, 2013
They looked really cheap and had many broken parts weaved into it. Definitely not worth it considering they are relatively expensive. We went to Michael's and bought much better quality baskets for a fraction of the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Storage and beauty and quality, oh my!, February 1, 2009
These are well-constructed, dark reed woven baskets with a sturdy frame. They are a nice size and the style is clean enough to fit into most decors.

I found the color to be nearly exact to the photo and the description to be accurate. They were also priced very reasonably.

Great for organizing and decorating, too. Thumbs up!

Winsome Wood Leo Storage Baskets, Set of 2,Walnut Finish