Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Size: 16 Inch|Change

on May 22, 2009
These pizza screens work great! For the price, I bought 2 since I usually make more than 1 pizza at a time.

The first time using the screen, wash it to get all the oils off an then spray with some pam. after you are done, do not wash these...just knock any chunks off and leave it in the oven. If you wash the screen, the crust will start to stick.

If your dough is 'oozing' between the screens, you probably need more flour
on February 11, 2009
Some people may not understand the idea of having a pizza screen. If you want to make a good pizza at home, you probably already have a pizza stone. You heat it up to the highest possible temperature, you set you oven to broil to go even higher and then you have to somehow place your carefully built pizza onto the stone.

Because the oven is small and not efficient, you have to do it as soon as possible so that you dont loose the precious heat. Sure, you can mess with the pizza peel, but you will quickly learn this is easier said than done.

This is when the pizza screen comes to help - you build the pizza on the screen and then quickly and easily transfer it on the hot stone or even directly in the oven.

The pizza screen will bring your home made pizza to the next level.
2525 comments| 84 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 10, 2011
Winware 16-Inch Seamless Aluminum Pizza Screen

I Love Love Love this product. It truly makes cooking pizza with a perfect crust a breeze for me.

I have been using pizza stones, that my father handed down to me, for years. And as good as my recipe for pizza dough has become, and how much I have perfected my sauce....I could never perfect the art of sliding my pizza, full of toppings, from my Pizza Paddle on to my stones without some type of slipping or shifting of the toppings....or my heart being in my throat for that few seconds while I am jerking the paddle back and hoping for the best.

With these Pizza Screens, I can roll my crust as thin as I like, and then pile it sky high with all the toppings I like, and never have to worry about being able to get my pie cleanly on to the stones. And there is very little difference with the crispness and chewiness of the crust while using the screens versus not. Plus, whenever I am in doubt that my crust will brown up enough, I can bake my pizza on the screen until it is about 75% cooked,then I slide the pizza off of the screen and on to the tile for that last few minutes... and a browner crust. I find that I can use them for grilling my pizza as well. No more worries about dough sticking to the grates on the grill or not being able to remove it in a timely manner. The screen makes it so much simpler.

So, I find myself making pizza more often now that I have these screens and that is a major plus. Let's face it, anything that makes life a little better and at the same time a little easier is one huge, happy benefit.
on May 15, 2011
Much simpler to use than a stone, my husband throws the dough, puts it on the screen adds all the toppings, cooks in a 500 degree preheated oven and Voila! Perfect pizza! Make sure you spray the screen with olive oil prior to use, after use just rinse off and let dry.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon October 27, 2009
My new toaster oven came with a "pizza bulge". Usually, on a regular pan, when I make thin crust pizza (either with dough or using an already-made lavosh or wrap or flour tortilla), I have to crisp the crust first so that the bottom of the final product is not too flabby and soggy. Also we like to melt cheese on tortillas with other things (chopped up onion, avocado, leftover meat), and the tortillas too can have a soggy flabby bottom. So I bought this pizza screen to see if I could skip the pre-crisping step when making pizza and tortilla melts.

It does the job. If heated with only bottom heat ("bake"), both tortillas and pizzas come out with pleasantly crisped, but not too crisped, bottoms. With bottom & top heat ("grill" on my toaster oven), the top was done before the bottom was as crisp as I wanted. Also, by playing with the bake temperature, I'm sure you could adjust the amount of crisping to what is right for what you are cooking.

The surface is sort of rough and grabby, since it is "expanded mesh", but I have not had problems with sticking. Following the advice of other reviewers, I sprayed it with Pam before first use. Just to test an extreme condition, I put a raw biscuit on the screen and baked it. The biscuit sunk down into the mesh almost 2mm, but didn't stick at all, and the had a nice diamond tiling embossed on the bottom. I'd prefer a pizza screen made out of smooth round wire rather than the rough expanded mesh this is, but it does seem to work fine.

I got the 12" size, so 3 regular sized tortillas fit on it just fine. The screen arrived with a slight factory oil smell, so I first ran it through the dishwasher.

UPDATE DEC 2013 - I still use it regularly and am glad I made this purchase. Yesterday I just realized that the bulge described below is gone, I guess from repeated heatings and coolings. Now the screen is now completely flat. Though I would still prefer smoother wire, I have no problems with sticking. Original comment from 2009: Also it has a very slight bulge in it (maybe about 3/16 of an inch), which can be a feature if you want to force stuff to pool in the middle or run to the edges depending on how you flip it. The bulge is a bit uneven, looks like poor handling at the factory or in shipping (better factory packaging would help), but isn't a problem, and a second one I ordered is perfectly flat. I'd give it 5 stars if it were smooth wire (and didn't have the bulge), but I am very happy nevertheless.
on October 3, 2012
The quality is extremely poor, it's so poor that it maybe unsafe to use for food. The perforated screen has lots of tiny blade-like aluminum leftover material from the manufacturing process (see photo). Imagine these tiny metal leftover going through your digesting system, ouch!

I own a number of food grade aluminum cookware. The aluminum from this screen doesn't look like a food grade aluminum. They are going back to Amazon.
review image
on December 16, 2008
Just spray a little pam on them and the pizza will never stick. This product will give you an excellent crust. When it comes time to clean it, just leave it in when you clean your oven. It will clean right up.
on November 19, 2011
I bought this to go in my Breville convection toaster oven. Fits like a charm. it allows for better circulation of convection heat. It's sturdy and cleans up well. Bake-able fries and tater tots are crispy on both sides with no need to flip half way through.
on January 27, 2011
I ordered this to replace a stone we had been using for almost a year. No matter what we did we could never quite get the stone clean and it actually started burning our pizzas towards the end. I ordered this over an actual pan because I remember using them in our food service during college. We received it quickly and it was very well packaged. I washed with warm water and soap and air dried then used it that evening. We were pleasantly surprised at how crisp our take n' bake pizza from our shopping club was. When we were done, I wiped it with a damp sponge and let it air dry. The following week we used it to make a homemade pizza. Unfortunately my husband did not heed my warning about using cooking spray, or pressing hard. So the outer edge sank through the grate and stuck. But a little crafty maneuvering with a butter knife & it came right up. That evening we cleaned out the grate with the knife and again washed with warm water and soap- cleaned up beautifully!!! I cant see how it could be any easier to use or to clean. Again just make sure that if you are using fresh dough that you spray with a cooking spray and do not press down too firmly on the edges and you should have a wonderful, piping hot, crispy pizza fresh from your home oven!
on August 16, 2015
I purchased the 12" screen. I also recently purchased a counter top convection oven by Oster. This oven is supposed to handle a 12" pizza which, as a single guy, is enough for me. The problem is finding a "true" 12" pizza pan or screen. I discovered the hard way that many pans promoted as 12" are really 13" because they have a 1/2 inch lip. True, the actual pizza area is 12" but the pan itself is too big to fit in my oven.

So I was very happy to discover these screens and happier still when I received it and found that it fit my new oven perfectly! It is precisely 12" in diameter, edge to edge. The good news is that it is very reasonably priced and, perhaps even more important, available with Amazon Prime, so very little waiting.

Another great feature, which you can see from the pictures I attached, is that it is actually a screen. This means that my pizza gets done all around, top and bottom, and the crust has a great crunch to it. Perfect! The screen is all aluminum, sturdy, and cleans up well. If cheese gets on it, I let it soak a while and take a stiff brush to it. It comes out like new.

I will probably purchase a bigger one for use in my main oven. I know I won't got wrong if I do.
review image review image