Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 Fire TV Stick Beauty Deals Martha Stewart American Made Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Classics and Essentials in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now HTL

Format: DVDChange

on August 28, 2005
This DVD contains the 1st 5 eposides of the the Winx Club Series. The series is about Bloom, an Earth girl who realizes she has magical fairy powers. Bloom travels to another world to study magic and makes new fairy friends Stella, Flora, Musa and Techna. She also meets mean witches Icy, Stormy and Darcy who try to use their power against her and the Red Fountain boys who are studying about Heroics and Bravery. My six year loves the Winx Club. Although the eposides play over and over again on Cartoon network I bought the DVD to take with us on long trips because she never seems to tire of it.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 6, 2005
Winx Club is the best show ever!!! It's about friendship and girl power! It's got heroes, fairies, witches, magic, and more! A wonderful storyline, this fabulous show from Italy has got fans all over the world!!! I may be an adult, but I know what high quality is, and Winx Club has won my heart! I find myself relating to the characters, having unique qualities with each, sharing and caring for one another, cheering in each episode, and enjoying a truly work of art. Winx Club is great for all ages and I seriously and highly recommend it for all!
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 27, 2006
I'm eleven years old, and I think this was a great DVD!!! I watched it over and over lots of times. I am a new fan of the Winx Club TV series, and I didn't get to see the first episodes. So I bought this DVD to catch up on it, and I liked it a lot. I watch the Winx Club TV show every Saturday morning at 9:30 est. on 4kids TV. Winx Club is about fairies who go to a magical school called Alfea and their adventures. I would recommend it to anyone who would be interested in a cool show about witches, fairies, monsters, trolls, ogres, heroes, and magic!
on November 1, 2005
Winx Club is one of my favorite TV shows. This DVD is about a teenage girl named Bloom. She has a pet rabbit named Kiko. One day in the woods she finds a fairy named Stella fighting monsters. Bloom fights the monsters and saves Stella. They become friends and Stella tells her about Alfea School for Fairies. Bloom goes to the school. She meets three other girls named Flora, Musa, and Tecna. They become friends but Bloom has to fight three witches from Cloud Tower School for Witches on her first day at school.

The characters are Bloom, Stella, Flora, Musa, and Tecna, but it is mostly just about Bloom.

Bloom is the leader. She is the fairy of Dragon Fire. She has red hair and a blue costume. I don't really like her outfit, because the shirt and skirt are really short.

Stella is Bloom's best friend. She is the fairy of the sun and moon. She has blond hair and an orange costume. I like her outfit better than Bloom's.

Flora seems older than the others. She is the fairy of plants. She has brown hair and a pink outfit.

Musa is the fairy of music. She has blue-black hair and a red costume.

Tecna is the fairy of technology. She has purple-pink hair and a purple costume. She is one of my favorites.

There are five episodes on this DVD. The first three are about Bloom's first day of school. The next one is about a field trip. The last one is about Stella. Her boyfriend gives her a letter that says he wants to go on a date with her. When she goes it was a trick and the witches kidnap her and steal her ring, which she uses to transform.

They also make Winx Club dolls. (I think they should make Mew Mew Power dolls, too. Another reviewer mentioned that.)
on July 6, 2005
I agree with the others, specialy, Christina (a kid at heart). It is about time this was released on DVD, and wanting and wishing alot more to come soon as well.

I am an adult at the age myself of 30, but still love the Winx Club, and the show really also brings out the kid in me.

This is really a wonderful cartoon and story for all younger girls who may be into this. This year will be a very nice 'Winx Year' with new dolls just out, the DVD now and another one on the way, and more toys and such, plus the Winx Club video games due out in this Nov. til Feb. of next year, this is indeed great times to enjoy and love the Winx Club.

on July 8, 2006
The perfect gift for a winx club girl or a new watcher that wants to catch up on all she's missed. My seven year old loves the winx and would watch every episode a thousand times. The winx club is a great show.
on November 14, 2010
There are so many things one could say about Winx Club I'm not quite sure where to begin. It is a show that can be appreciated on a number of levels.

First, it works beautifully as a straightforward adventure that even fairly young children should be able to enjoy. On that level alone, it is worth starting out from the very beginning and buying whole seasons. For this program does essentially work as a serial in which the storyline builds progressively from one episode to the next.

But far more than that, Winx Club is a show with real depth for those who care to look. Although its tale may be told in shades of Barbie-pink (both literally and figuratively), if you follow this story carefully you will find that it reveals itself as an exceptionally original rendering of a classic myth-form. Just for starters, I'd encourage anyone to compare the first season of Winx Club with the original Star Wars movie. Oh, and if you're drawing a blank on all this "myth-form" stuff, now might be a good time to Google "Joseph Campbell" or "the hero's journey" if you feel yourself so inclined. Keep your eyes open through the later seasons too!

Another thing older animation fans might pick up on is that this is one of the very few Western cartoons to really fully digest the anime influence. By contrast with a show like Teen Titans, where the influence of anime is loudly proclaimed but all entirely on the surface, in Winx Club the influence runs not loud, but deep.

In Winx Club you will find storylines that are paced out over an entire season, relationships that are allowed to develop on a similar time-frame, and even real sadness that is not automatically resolved by the end of an episode. Plus over and above all this we have a depth of characterization and a complexity of story well beyond what most people would expect from a "cartoon". For all this I believe we have anime to thank. In particular, Winx Club is most obviously influenced by the magic girl genre of anime, of which by far the best known example is Sailor Moon. By comparison with its Japanese forebears, Winx Club is clearly more deliberately crafted to be suitable for younger viewers. Nevertheless, real depth and substance remain.

If I do have criticisms to make, they are all solely regarding the DVD release. As an unabashed grown-up animation fan, it often seems to me that "boy" cartoons far more often wind up receiving a serious, mature DVD release than "girl" cartoons such as Winx Club. For example, we can easily buy Justice League and Justice League Unlimited in whole seasons, and when we do buy these shows we also get hours of commentary.

But with Winx Club we get no extras at all. None. And to add injury to insult, the company that sells Winx Club on DVD also seems far more inclined to try to maximize revenue by selling us disks containing just four or five episodes apiece. I was seriously tempted to take off a star for stuff like that. However, I'm not going to. I just can't bring myself to do it. This is such a beautiful series with so much to offer both children and adults alike.

Winx Club is a show that truly deserves five stars. Even with all the corporate shenanigans.

on September 25, 2005
I know its like W.I.T.C.H but i think the winx club came out first before W.I.T.C.H,i like witch but i like the winx club better because W.I.T.C.H can get boring...i like the winx club and the dolls alot and i think they should make mew mew power dolls next..that would be really pretty!
on July 19, 2012
Once I saw Nick was bringing back Winx, I was so happy! After watching the first episode... I really wanted the old Winx club I knew and loved when I was young. I am so happy I had finally found the Winx that I really loved as a child, I was really surprised I was able to find it sense it's really hard to find with a great price.

This DVD has episodes 1-5 When Bloom finds she has magical powers. This DVD is great for people young and old.
And great for children to learn about true friends,the hardships in life and to be yourself.
~Go Winx~! ^O^b
on January 14, 2007
My 9 and 12 year old girls watch these episodes over and over again. It's like "Harry Potter" for girls except it's "good fairies" battling "bad witches". Other than the skimpy costumes the characters wear sometimes, I have nothing bad to say. I've watched a few episodes and they have some good lessons to teach.