Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eric Clapton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

on January 27, 2013
Firstly, I'm not a plant. I've been in the detailing business since I was 16, I'm now 42. I've tried pretty much everything out there. I was very disappointed to see what a small bottle I got when my package arrived. HOWEVER, this stuff works very well and it goes a long way. BUT, you MUST read the instructions carefully and follow them. It's not like Armour-All, it's not silicone based. They call it a liquid polymer and it seems to me to that it's just that. It has a strong solvent smell and it hardens as it dries. The applicator cloths went stiff as they dried and cannot be rinsed clean, even with soap. It's tough to get off your skin without white spirit, so do please wear gloves. I got a great finish on the black plastic of 2 cars and did the dash of another using one bottle - and I'd lost some due to spillage. In short, it does what it says on the box. If you're going to get a good result, make sure the surfaces to treat are absolutely dry and dust free and apply it in the shade, not direct sunlight. And make sure that the treated surfaces are not touched by hand, water or dust for 24 hours to allow the stuff to cure. I'm a happy customer and will be buying this again. The one thing that annoyed me is that I paid $19.99 plus shipping and had to wait. I then found it in a store the next day for the same price, no shipping, no wait. I would have rated this as 5 star, but deducted a star because application requires special conditions and therefore takes more time than a standard detailing product(Shade from direct sunlight and a 24 hour curing period - an annoyance when doing an interior.) Hope this is useful.
7474 comments|1,395 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 9, 2013
I am a car enthusiast. My vehicles are all garaged. My garage is conditioned. I have a late model Escalade EXT. the tonneau cover started to grey. I saw wipe new on TV (infomercial). I was in Walmart shopping for car care products. Even though I felt the claims and guaranty/warranty were highly suspect, I relented and made the purchase. I thoroughly cleaned the truck bed cover removed it from the vehicle and started the application process. It looked very good out of the bottle. I let it dry overnight. It lost some of its luster. In less than two weeks it started to streak and fade CONSIDERABLY! After one month the tonneau cover looks worst then it was before the application.
I called wipe new customer service. I explained the problem situation. I was told to email them. I did. I honestly wanted to discuss the product and application process. They were less than helpful. They said their "expert " detailer wanted before and after pictures, the original Walmart Receipt and then they would look into a refund. Now after all this time an original receipt? Before and after pictures? For a 19.95 refund! I can afford wasting $20.00 but really dislike getting screwed or scammed by false product advertising and claims. I would have settled for a refund, try the product again at their request or at the very least their expert detailer sharing his secrets to wipe new's satisfactory performance. If you have read this far, the reason I have taken this time to write this is simple. This product does not perform. If something sounds too good to be true, it mostly likely is. Save your money and use another product which requires using it at least every other car wash or monthly depending on where your vehicle is parked. Wipe new is deceptive, arrogant and foolish. If a product works, successful companies make sure their customers are satisfied.
8787 comments|849 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 7, 2014
Greetings !
We think it best to post a fact about this product. DO NOT USE IT ON YOUR HEADLIGHTS PLASTIC LENS. Despite the instructions regarding the product by the company that it can be applied to the headlight lens.
It was discovered that if the product is used on the headlight plastic LENS it will start to come off leaving a unremovable horrible
pattern on the headlight LENS that appears very bad and will effect the lights pattern on the road and permanently damaging the headlights.
Several email attempts to contact the company went unanswered.
It's very sad when a company endorses the use of this product on the headlight
LENS and then will not help the buyer with resolving the problem.

We can only hope that someone at the company will take mercy
and render information or assistance to address this serious problem.

UPDATE
The "Wipe New" company has offered to help resolve the problem, but so far no recipt of materials or refund has been forthcoming.
Additional information will be updated if and when a solution to the damage
is obtained. However it appears that at the company's own set of instructions
a second application of their product will NOT correct the damage.
Only the replacement of the headlights is the logical defined solution to this issue.
33 comments|86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 20, 2013
A friend of mine gave me some wipe new to try. I have to say it looks like, smells like, and reacts like a trick I used many years ago as a auto detailer. I can't remember the name of it but it was a floor wax that came in a quart can with a pop lid. It took time to dry but it did a beautiful job and I will bet if you purchase a high end pro floor wax today it would do the same thing. You can get them from satin to high gloss. I would venture to guess someone is filling tiny little bottles with floor wax and making a fortune. You can go buy a quart for the same price. Just for giggles I tried the wipe new on a square of tile flooring and it worked very well. Go buy floor wax and you will get the same outcome for a lot less.
99 comments|300 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 24, 2012
This product is a complete waste of money. It does not work the way they claim on television and my jeep's trim doesn't even need that much restoration.
0Comment|235 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 14, 2012
I totally agree with the posted review that says this is a ripoff! It is a sample size bottle. The "detail kit" IS a little snot rag with a blue glove. Worst of all, it doesn't even work. Save your money and don't buy this product!!
77 comments|392 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 17, 2012
You get a teeny tiny bottle of "armor all." If you order the extra "FREE" stuff, you get a broken q-tip with only one end, and a couple of rags not big enough for eye glass cleaners. Yeah, "Money Back Guarantee!" All you get refunded is the $19.99. No shipping.
22 comments|365 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 25, 2013
I saw the dumb ad for this stuff on TV and I NEVER believe what I see advertised in slick, over-the-top commercials. But I do have some spots on my car bumpers that I wanted to remove. So I played sucker and bought it. It has extremely specific instructions that I followed very carefully. And it did work. Not as well as it works on TV but I would say the spots on my bumpers were about 85% gone. After about 2 weeks the spots came back. I had not washed the car and I parked in the shade. So DO NOT buy this stuff. If you only need a fix that lasts about 2 weeks then go ahead and throw your money away.
on November 25, 2012
this product is a farce, way over priced,very small bottle and not easy to use,cant get it on paint,CMON MAN
0Comment|259 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 15, 2013
I did not like this product at all, spots were left on my car and some areas turned gray in a matter of minutes. I wasted my money.
11 comment|54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse