5.0 out of 5 stars Great for kids!
Our 5-year old son is OBSESSED with this show, so we promised the game to him when it came out. Happy to report he loves the game as much as the show. Would've liked it if it had somehow incorporated the Wii Balance Board as an optional item, but perhaps that would have increased the price, which WE were quite happy with ($29.95), considering most new Wii games are in...
Published on June 24, 2010 by AnnieM

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun ragdoll physics, but disappointing controls and gameplay
I love the Wipeout game show, so when last week's episode promised a Wii edition, my husband and I couldn't wait to get it. After all, what could be better than the combination of Wipeout's challenges and the Wii's physical controls?

Unfortunately, this game uses almost none of the Wii's controls. You press A to jump, B to crouch, and you use the nunchuk...
Published on July 10, 2010 by Scott and JC Chupack

‹ Previous | 1 2 338 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than I expected, September 29, 2010
This review is from: WipeOut: The Game (Video Game)
After reading all the posts online about this game, I didn't expect much. I was pleased when it arrived. Yes, the controls are basic. WHO CARES! I bought this game for the sheer stupidity of it and it did not disappoint! My son and I were laughing uncontrollably while we played it. It think all those people who bash this game are just full of themselves and need to get a life and not take GAMES so seriously. For the casual gamer like me, this game is perfect. Yes, the audio get repetitive. So what!?! I enjoy the show for the wipeouts and the game provides just as much fun as far as I am concerned. I really enjoy shooting the balls at the other players to cause a wipeout when they are not expecting it! "Unclaimed Baggage" is my favorite game.

2.0 out of 5 stars Wipeout: The Game -- A Missed opportunity, December 22, 2010
This review is from: WipeOut: The Game (Video Game)
We love the show. I thought the game would rock. It fails to rock in the following ways:
- Does not use the motion sensing capabilities of the Wii. It's just pushing buttons.
- the collision detection is seriously broken. Your character will float inexplicably, will run through obstacles it shouldn't be able to, and generally will feel like you're making cotton candy jump
- there are serious graphics bugs -- disappearing characters, walls that stop showing up, weird graphics lockups

If you thought you'd get off the couch and jump on virtual Big Balls, you won't. You'll be pushing the 2 button repeatedly on time. And then waiting for your character to jump. And then notice it's jumping the wrong way or missing the obstacle. Clearly, ABC decided that it was more important to capitalize on the popularity of the show by getting the game out quickly than to build a classic game to last the test of time.

If you want to do the kind of jumping, ducking and moving that you think would make sense in Wipeout, just buy Wii Sports Resort and write "Wipeout" on the case with a sharpie.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just like the show!, September 24, 2010
This review is from: WipeOut: The Game (Video Game)
My family and I have not missed one episode of Wipeout! And when we saw a commercial for the Wii game, we knew we had to get it. It is hilarious! We are not serious gamers, we just like a fun laid back game to play. Everyone says how hard the controls are to use.....we don't think so. And as for the lack of characters??? How cares. We wanted the game to play, not to see how many different characters we can be! If you like a fun, laugh-out-loud game, this is it! Between myself, my husband, and my 9 year old, we love it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun and mindless :-), October 30, 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: WipeOut: The Game (Video Game)
My 11yo and his friends LOVE this game. There's not much thinking involved and people fall into the mud. Probably the only thing that would make it better for them would be some body-function jokes! I like it b/c there's no shooting.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great thought, but HORRIBLE execution., September 3, 2011
Bradley J Carter (Indianapolis, Ind.) - See all my reviews
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: WipeOut: The Game (Video Game)
My family and I are big fans of Wipeout, so when we saw the game advertised on the show, we naturally thought it would be a blast for the whole family to play. Aside from the initial joy of experiencing the game for the first time (the hosts' voices, obstacles, and unique characters), the game is poorly done. It's as if the publishers and marketers for the show just said to themselves, "People love our show, let's not worry about how good the gameplay is so long as we get their money." The game is terrible. Controls are iffy at best. Character manipulation is extremely unresponsive. To say that I am severely unimpressed with this game would be an understatement. It is a waste of $30. The only reason I give it two stars is for the actual host voices, and the relatively decent execution of putting the obstacles into a game. If only you could actually control your characters...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Family Fun, September 10, 2010
A Kid's Review
This review is from: WipeOut: The Game (Video Game)
We bought this for the family as we love to watch the show and it was a GREAT purchase. The kids scream and yell as they play and laugh just as they do while watching the show. Well done and great for multiple players.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not up to Wii standards, February 28, 2011
Kennedy (New England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: WipeOut: The Game (Video Game)
While the game itself can be fun to watch and play, it might as well be played on any other console such as a PS2. The only "Wii" characteristic is being able to shake the controller to climb. Other than that, it's a sit on the couch type of game played with your fingers and thumbs.

Then again, at under $30, I wasn't expecting a true Wii-type game. It would have been nice if they wrote it to use the Fit Balance Board since it IS a physical obstacle course type of game.

All in all it's fun to watch as you play, but just boring from a physical play angle. Like others have noted, it does seem to mis-step on frames, and characters fall for no reason. Graphics are so-so. Nice to hear the real voices, but they are not in sync with the mouth movements most times.

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm really frustrated and disappointed with this game..., December 29, 2010
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: WipeOut: The Game (Video Game)
I'm really frustrated and disappointed with this game. The first copy I bought was so glitchy it wouldn't allow me to select anything but one player and then it wouldn't actually allow even one player game to start after you selected characters.

Second copy I got just kept freezing up.

I didn't expect a great game, just a fun one based on the silly show.

What I got was two trips to the store to replace bad discs. How many times would you trade in a game before giving up? I've never had a game this glitchy. I refused to have it happen a third time, so I just got store credit.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sluggish and Glitches Galore, but Still a Hidden Gem, July 5, 2010
NAJDG (Chicago, IL USA) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: WipeOut: The Game (Video Game)
This game was not well thought-out. Glitches seem to happen literally every time I play this game (my character gets hit by an invisible obstacle and gets knocked out every time I play it seems), and when the game gets overwhelmed with a lot to load on the screen, the gameplay speed really drags.

That being said, the game is still fun, but I would recommend only getting this game if you have friends to play it with (and that means you need four nunchucks, too). It's not a very good one player game, but is a good multi-player game. You can forgive the game bugs that weren't worked out during multiplayer fun, but when you're trying to unlock things on your own in one-player challenge mode, the glitches become overly difficult. It's hard enough beating challenge mode as is, but to have to do it dealing with glitches that make you wipe out makes for frustrating playing.

If this game was $50, I'd say forget it. But I bought it for $30 and definitely have gotten $30-worth of fun out of it already, and I haven't even unlocked everything. I see on Amazon that they have it listed for $40... I don't know that I'd be willing to pay that price for this game. See if you can find it for $30, and it'll be worth your money.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great for the first hour!, September 3, 2010
C. Beech (Lancaster, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: WipeOut: The Game (Video Game)
Have you ever watched a OK movie that was enjoy able but once you watched it once you would never watch it again? That is this game. It is fun for the first hour or two then hits the deja vu cord. The voices are off, and it is very glitchy. At one point you shoot balls at your opponent and you have to shoot like 3 inches ahead just to hit them and when you do hit them it does nothing. I would say this would be great for 8-12 year olds but any experienced gamer would just say..."OK....Next"

‹ Previous | 1 2 338 | Next ›

WipeOut: The Game
WipeOut: The Game by Activision Inc. (Nintendo Wii)
$19.99 $18.19