Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Wipeout Pulse - Sony PSP
|Price:||$23.65 & FREE Shipping|
Usually ships within 3 to 4 days.
- Intense gaming experience loaded with high-tech weapons, high-octane speed, and futuristic anti-gravity combat racing
- 8 teams including the new EG-X team and 12 new reversible tracks
- Large variation of in-track design including loops, vertical drops, and 90-degree angled sections
- Pumping soundtrack licensed by top artists including Mason, Loco Dice, Stanton Warriors, and Kraftwerk
- 7 game modes including wireless multiplayer mode via Ad hoc and Infrastructure modes
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
An all-new Photo Mode, which captures in-game screenshots and stores them onto the PSP Memory Card. Like Wipeout Pure, the game features downloadable content, such as new tracks, ships and songs, immediately after release. 7 Game Modes, with Single Race, Zone, Tournament, Time Trial and Free Run returning from Wipeout Pure, plus the addition of the all-new Speed Lap mode, and the return of Eliminator mode last seen in Wipeout 3. The new Cannon weapon replaces the Disruptor Bolt from Wipeout Pure. Eliminator mode features 2 all-new weapons exclusive to the game mode - Repulsor and Shurikens. Zone Mode will now be playable on most (but not all) of the normal tracks instead of custom made tracks. A loyalty system, where players get bonuses for using a particular team regularly ESRB Rated E for Everyone
Top Customer Reviews
- Visuals far exceed Wipeout Pure and frame rates are very impressive. A shining example of what can be accomplished on the PSP if you have a great development team.
- 24 tracks
- Downloadable and customizable skins
- Later levels are punishingly difficult.
- In the fastest levels (Phantom) there are sometimes collision detection errors and as a result you collide thru the track even though you shouldn't.
- You run out of new tracks long before you run out of races so later levels are basically repeats except faster and with more laps.
- Online downloadable tracks appear to be non-existent at this point.
- No new innovations over previous Wipeout.
Overall fans would be proud to call this part of the Wipeout family. First timers will do just fine with Wipeout Pure.
And it's great! Faster load times than the original, the ability to use custom soundtracks (in addition to the great soundtrack in-game), and new game-modes mean the WipEout lovers will rejoice! That means... I rejoice!
An absolute must-buy for the system. First step? Hit the "add to shopping cart" button at the right of your screen!
Game Play (5/5): In my opinion this game is one of the most fun racing games available on the PSP, additionally, the game is addictive and will keep you attached for hours. The game definitely has a VERY steep learning curve, is very hard to get the hang of and can definitely be ridiculously hard and exceptionally frustrating. If you have read my critique of Pure, you will know that I hated that game for an almost unending amount of reasons, all of which for me made the game unnecessarily difficult and took away the fun from the game, this game improved on all of that and made the game a real blast.
In my opinion, this game is a vast improvement over Pure for the following reasons. My first complaint in Pure is that the tracks were so narrow and hard to navigate... In this game the track is wider, easier to navigate and give you far more wiggle room to battle other ships. My second issue with pure was that of all the weapons that were available the enemy always got the missiles and stuff and you always got stuck with the shield. Not is Pulse.. In pulse the enemy is loaded to the teeth with weapons and thankfully so are you! My last complaint about Pure was the difficulty from the beginning. Pulse is a lot more accessible to gamers like myself than Pure is and starts out a lot easier. Also, Pulse adds all kind of great modes, my favorite being an elimination mode which lets you battle other crafts... AWSOMENESS!Read more ›
I really hope we see this series return in some form.
As the game has been out for a while now I have to say I am somewhat dismayed at the few new tracks available for download although the option of making your own playlists for the game is "Freaking Sweet" as one of my friends put it.
Wipeout always was, is and forever will be an awesome balls to the wall racing game. If you like racing games and you have a PSP this is a MUST HAVE TITLE!!! I'm telling you now pass this up here or on the used rack of your hometown videogame store at your own risk.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Used to play this game on my old windows 98 PC growing up! One of my favorites do glad they made it for the psp! Fun and entertaining race game!Published on April 26, 2014 by Jaso
Bought this game a few years back because I loved it on the PS1. Very good graphics and a lot of fun to play. Very challenging.Published on January 6, 2014 by ACoss72
I usually don't gravitate towards racing games, but this is fun! You have high speed racing with awesome courses, great weapons and awesome electronic music. I highly recommend it! Read morePublished on October 10, 2013 by Anonymous Rogue
It could be he's too young for racing games and I can see how someone older would enjoy it .. but my 9 year old simply wasn't into it... Read morePublished on September 11, 2013 by Andre