Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 16, 2006
In his book, Wired: For a Life of Worship, dynamic author and speaker Louie Giglio offers teens a fresh look at a lifestyle of worship. Today's youth are searching for meaning, and they want to grow spiritually beyond the packaged church experience. Giglio believes God wants us to know Him intimately and to "live a life that's fully active, awakened to His great love."

In the same way Giglio's bestselling The Air I Breathe was a huge success, the writing in this edgy teen version leaps off the page. His book is divided into two sections: the first half introduces readers to the author's vision for true worship, followed by an interactive "30-Day Worship Journey" that takes readers through the book of Psalms.

The author defines worship as a "whole-life response to God's greatness and glory." You can tell he knows his audience well - the stories and anecdotes are hip and relevant for teens. He offers up-to-date examples to support his theory that worship is an active, ongoing process of walking out our love for our Savior, Jesus Christ.

This book is a powerful tool for youth workers and anyone seeking positive ways to raise up a new generation whose lives are wired for serving God. I wish this had been around when I was a teen. Wired is also perfect for dynamic small group discussion that will change lives and, ultimately, rock the world. - Heather Ivester, Christian Book Previews.com
on January 1, 2007
There has been much confusion about the word 'worship' in evengelical culture. There is a tendency to think of worship as just being about music, a style of music and the fifteen minutes (more or less) before the sermon. We use phrases like 'the worship was really good this morning' or 'I prefer modern worship instead of the old hymns' etc. Much of the church is guilty of this compartmentalized way of thinking.

This book will shatter any misconceptions a reader may have about a) what worship is and b) how we worship. Louie Giglio builds a solid biblical foundation for the idea that worship is an attitude of the heart that bleeds into all of our life: how we think, how we live, how we rest, how we serve and our attitudes toward God and His gifts. Of course, there are implications about how this impacts our worship IN church--but it is more about how we worship God outside of the church.

Although written with a younger audience in mind, this book should be required reading for a Christian regardless of age and spiritual maturity. Many pastors and evangelical leaders should read this book--perhaps there would be great change in our churches and the petty arugments we get into about worship style and form of worship will finally end.

The book is interactive---there are questions and discussion sections that make it a great tool for group study. Giglio has done the church a great service in writing this much-needed book.
on January 11, 2015
I have used this book with my middle school and high school worship teams over the last six years. This book captured the heart of worship for me and my students. I especially like the 31 Days of Praise on the flip side of the book for your personal walk in seeking to know God deeper. Make sure your students get the actual book if you want them to do the 31 Days portion as the Kindle version does not include that section.
on November 20, 2008
Short. Sweet and to the point. It drives home that we are not the central focus in the world. That there is one that is and we need to recognize him. It reminds us how easy it is to become distracted in everyday lives and that we need to see our fickleness and recognize our weaknesses and understand that there is only 1 that deserves worship and it is not the TV, the car, the job, the husband or wife, the boyfriend/girlfriend, my boss it is GOD, the creator and perfector and author of everything.
on October 21, 2009
I love this book, or should I say 2 books in one! If you want to know what is missing in your life, read ! Can't be said more simply, more truthfully. Anything by Louie Giglio is a great read or a great watch! ( videos) And if you flip the book over there is a great person study/journal of some of the psalms. Designed for teens/college, but great for any age. IF you need something to get you into the habit of journaling and reading your Bible, this is a great tool!
on September 1, 2009
it's such a blessing to be able to read about God and to spend time worshipping Him. I feel that this journey helped my spiritual life so much, I still have a long way to go, but this book helped me plant my feet on the ground and take a leap.
on March 13, 2010
This was just what I hoped it would be. Something for me to read, get inspired. Buy another one to give away for someone else to get inspired in hopes of them getting inspired to buy one to give away and so on.......
on October 8, 2010
We got this book to use for our Senior high youth goup. Four weeks into it and it seems to be a good tool. Getting the kids to read the chapter the week ahead is challening but the program is working.
on November 20, 2015
This book it's an amazing tool to experiment and learn more about worship in a youth group! We have been studying this for the semester and it has been a blessing to everyone. Thank you!
on September 28, 2013
This was a birthday gift on amazon.com requested Wishlist; thus the individual wanted it. Personally, Louie Giglio's other dvds are fantastic and the birthday person loved this one.