Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Importer520 WiFi Wireless IEEE 802.11N/G/B WLAN 150Mbps Network Adapter USB2.0 Wireless Lan USB Adapter for Laptop Noteook Desktop PC Suport Vista/Windows 7(32bit & 64bit)/Linux
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on February 18, 2011
I purchased two of these wireless adapters, as I remodeled my basement and wanted to keep from having cables trailing across the floor. When I installed the first adapter (on a Windows Vista machine), my wired connection was still established and the driver installed automatically and it worked perfectly. However, I installed the second adapter on the other computer (running Windows 7), I had already disconnected the Ethernet cable and was forced to use the disc to install the driver. While I was impressed with the utilities that came with the disc, after about 24 hours of being installed, my computer began crashing unexpectedly, showing a "blue screen of death" and completely shutting down. About ready to give up on the adapter, I uninstalled it, plugged in an Ethernet cable, and plugged in the adapter again. The driver that downloaded automatically worked great and there haven't been any issues since then.
FINAL WORD: The adapters are great, but only if you use the drivers downloaded automatically from Windows Update, as the disc drivers only cause problems.
55 comments| 109 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 11, 2010
I was looking for something that would work on my linux (Ubuntu) computer and this one has a cd with driver for linux along with the ussual. It works just fine!
88 comments| 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 29, 2010
This is an inexpensive, but really good adapter. Works great with Windows7 x64 in box drivers.
on December 24, 2011
Comes with mini cd, I am using windows 7 and had no problems with plugging it in and setting it up from there. While my router is not far away it picks up the signal quite well with no problems so far. I am very happy with this purchase and would recommend it to anyone wanting to set up a wireless connection without having to shell out a lot of cash
on November 27, 2011
I recently revived an old desktop I had sitting around and needed a Wifi Adapter for it. This was the cheapest one I could find with decent reviews, so I bought it. That was 4 months ago and it still works great! I'll admit, sometime it can be iffy and drop the data rate from its full 150mbps down to 13.5, but after some readjusting it shoots back up to 150. And by readjusting, I mean move the adapter an inch or two in a different direction. I have it connected to a 4ft usb cable so it can be moved, before that I would push the whole desktop. For me its only a minor inconvenience, despite that what else do you want for $7? I couldn't afford to plunk down $30 or more on a name brand one. It works better than my Belkin wifi adapter (which I did pay $30 for awhile back). I am very pleased with it, if it wasn't for this adapter, this review wouldn't have been published right now.
on December 25, 2011
I was a little nervous as some reviews talked about it being difficult to install but I had NO problems what-so-ever! I plugged it into the computer, popped the disk in and it did everthing else! No need to use an ethernet cable or anything!
on August 30, 2010
This usb adapter is awesome. For such a low price it packs a punch. 150mb down from usb is great! it is also B/G/N which is a plus! I don't know how they keep the price down... Never failed me. It was even set down weird so it bent while in the laptop and it still works. Durable product! I haven't seen any problems!
on April 3, 2011
This adapter is being used on my living room desktop for both internet and home networking purposes and it works great! Just plugged it in and when prompted by windows to provide the CD if available I did and done! No hassle or problems installing in XP.
on November 29, 2011
This is a pretty neat little device. very easy to install as it comes with it's own CD. Installation and set up took less than 5 minutes and a re-boot. It comes with it's own very intuitive software that you use to manage available wireless networks.
Very happy with the product and price.
on November 15, 2010
This wifi is great I didn't even need the driver disc that was provided or a hard line to get it to work. It works great in Win 7 both 32 and 64 bit modes.