Most helpful positive review
24 of 25 people found the following review helpful
Great camera for the unbelievably low price
on March 6, 2014
Right off the bat, let's get it out of the way that this will not replace that 'other name brand' camera you are thinking it might look like. The quality of the video, while good, does not match what you will get with more expensive cameras. But there are plenty of things to like about this camera. Here are a few I've noticed from my limited time with it along with some areas for improvement:
- Great wide angle view
- Works pretty well with my Android phone although app is a little buggy
- Range of wifi was surprisingly good - about 30 feet in my house
- Great to be able to see image of what you are filming on your phone or tablet to frame shots
- Comes with a great case that seems very durable
- Camera itself is tiny. My wife even commented on how small it was.
- Universal mount means finding other ways to mount this camera will be a breeze
- Camera stills and video footage outdoors and during the day are pretty good. Seem a small amount better than a high quality cell phone.
- Price! This is cheap for all the features the phone includes. Got mine for <$90.
- Shipping. Mine was shipped from China which actually got to me a lot faster than I expected. About two weeks.
- Battery life seemed short but I was using wifi the whole time. That probably eats battery.
- Sometimes hard to see lcd screen through the plastic. It doesn't appear backlit so in the dark it would be tough to see.
- Low light performance is not great.
- Sound is terrible. About as good as a cell phone camera. With the waterproof case, forget about it.
- I had the camera on for a while and when I took it out of the case, it was pretty hot. I imagine in 95 degree weather that might be a problem.
- I looked for a replacement battery and couldn't find anywhere online that had the model battery.
I plan on taking mine fishing and mounting it to my boat. When a fish is on the line, I can hit record with the included remote or through my phone to capture the fight and get a picture of the catch. I will try to come back and post video when I can get out on the boat after all this cold weather!