Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: ipega Black Wireless Bluetooth Controller for iPhone 4/4s iPhone 5/5s iPad Samsung Galaxy S4/I9500 S3/I9300 PC
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on January 18, 2014
I have an Atrix HD to start off with (Android) so I can't tell you how this controller works with iPhones. But I do know that this device is great for my android phone.

Pros:
CHEAP
Internal battery (with long life)
Clickable joysticks
XBOX controller format
multiple modes
phone clip
multimedia buttons
Makes emulator games feel REAL again

Cons:
feels a little cheap
pairing is a pain
cannot charge phone

Honestly, I am very happy with this purchase. I love playing GBA games, N64 games, and DS games and this controller makes it 10x better. Also with a rooted phone and the Sixaxis Controller app, you can use your controller with ANY android game just by maping out what your control does with the screen. It will mimic touch controls so you can use it with games that don't have controller support!
I spent time looking at the MOGA and MOGA power controllers. Especially the power series looks great, but their price was just too high for me, although I would expect the build quality to be much higher. But I paid $23 for this controller and it's worth every buck. I always have people asking me, woah! Where did you get that?

So if you want superior gaming and are going to be playing intense first person shooters and expect xbox and ps3 like quality, go get a MOGA power pro for like $70. But for the average guy who just wants to play his favorite gba games without the frustrating touch controls, get this.
on January 23, 2015
I have to say This controller is worth the money!

I would have given 2 stars but once you got the controller working it changes your mind.
I like to thank the seller for sending the item on time and in brand new condition, I did not have to call or send email at all thank god.with that said let's get to business.

I tested the controller on a Galaxy S4 and L90 LG-D415 it connects like a charm I can finally play emulators without worrying of covering the screen with my hands or getting a crappy controller.

I want to make sure this is known..... DO NOT INSTALL Android Game pad assistant.apk. the only way to make it work is if you Hold Y and press home and you don't want that you want to go to the Bluetooth menu on your phone then hold X and press home on the controller and finally press scan on the phone to find the device if it does not come up, It should pair with the controller with good success. I never had to worry about changing input to the game controller and that's the best controls you can ever use on the controller, you even can use volume play rewind and fast forward.

some people may say I got the controller to work both ways but for some reason I tried it and only worked for a few minutes before the controller conked out and could not use as a game pad and had to repair the device.

one last thing I cannot for the life of me get the Dpad mapped for N64 emu's even though at the controller testing option the Dpads are recognized when pressed..... A little help would be good if anyone knows.
on April 22, 2014
I purchased this for my PSP emulator and was skeptical at first. I mean look at the price. It was originally for my Galaxy note 2 and we all know how big that phone is but it fits perfectly into the remote. Not just that but i had a cover on my phone and it still works. and fits fine. I also used it for my Galaxy S5. I use it for the PSP, GBA, N64, and Gamecube emulator and no issues. Remote is extremely lightweight and has that whole xbox controller feel. Please note if you are trying to connect it to your Samsung devices just hold x (if not mistaken) and the power button until it flashes rapidly. not blinks..it should flash rapidly then your device should pick it up via bluetooth. This is for Samsung devices. I am not sure if it works with iphone or not. Overall i am very happy with my product.
on December 20, 2015
Let me start by saying that I bought this game controller specifically to play the Samsung Gear VR (consumer edition) games on my Samsung Galaxy S6. It was reported to be working by some forum members so I wanted to test it out myself.
The verdict: YES, IT WORKS PERFECTLY! Just make sure you keep pressing the 'X' button while pressing the 'Home' button to turn it on (this switches the mode to GAMEPAD). Then go to your bluetooth settings on your phone to connect to it normally (no pairing code was required). I have tested the "Karts VR: Sprint" and "HeroBound" so far and the mapping of the keys is almost identical to the original Samsung Controller (judging by the layout shown in the HeroBound game).

Other comments:
- I find the buttons to be very clicky. The device itself is very light and just portable enough to be comfortable.
For the price I would definitely recommend this as a game pad to be used with Gear VR. Go ahead and buy one and save yourself some money!

I will adjust review should any problems arise.
on March 7, 2015
Before purchasing I made a lot of research on the ipega controller. To pair up the controller you hold down the x and home button for a few seconds and then go to bluetooth and search for devices. I tested it on Dead Trigger 2, PPSSPP emulator, and Real Racing 3 which all worked great! Now the only real downside is that when you disconnect, you can't pair again and have to forget the device and search for it each time you disconnect. If you are worried your phone won't fit, I am using the ZTE Zmax as my device (it has a 5.7 inch screen) and it barely holds it with a thin case on. You should be able to hold most phones aside from the very biggest.
on January 28, 2016
The ipega wireless controller is a decent product. It is best suited for Android phones such as the Samsung Galaxy Note. I tried to use it with an ipad, but to use it to its potential, you would have to jailbreak the Apple product. I found that when I experimented with an emulator, the controller automatically was configured as if I was playing with the original controller for the game's platform. I recently bought a Sony Xperia 3, hoping the the same result, but did not work out. Even attempting to reconfigure the buttons to my liking did not work out.

The feel of the controller is different from a PS4 controller, for example. The quality of it just isn't appealing to me. It was able to fit a Samsung Galaxy Note 4, as long as I took it out of its case.

So, depending on the mobile device you're using, it could be an awesome purchase. The controller just needs a little work.
on June 17, 2014
So I had a fair run with this controller, especially with the emulators. I can tell you that it is totally worth it. The quality of the input buttons and joystick is nearly as good as the xbox controller. The layout is the same as the xbox controller, only the grip is shorter, but that is reasonable for portability purpose. It is very light weight, comparable to a small TV remote. Since the back is not shown in the picture, I can tell you that there are 4 trigger buttons. There are two for each side. For each side, a shoulder buttons for your index finger and a lower trigger button for your middle finger. I have no problem pressing them, and again, they feel like the xbox controller too. However, I do not think that the trigger buttons are analog sensitive. So far I verified that all the buttons work fine on the PSONE, PSP, and SNES emulator with all the buttons mapped out and joystick working properly. For the Android games, Asphalt 8 and Respawnable works. Modern Combat 4 does NOT work. I am running on a HTC ONE M7 4.40, but most Android phone should work fine. The phone mount unfortunately presses on my volume button, but that is fine, because I can control the volume directly from the controller! Those media buttons on the bottom is a HUGE selling point because it turns your phone into a media center if your phone already supports MHL cable, and my 2 year old phone supports it. The controller also has limited navigation through the OS. My only complaint is the d-pad. In short, the d-pad is ultra stiff, but most of my games play better with the joystick than with any d-pad. Another complaint is the bright red LED in the front. I'm fine with LED on a controller, but not bright LED. It would also be better with AA battery. I don't need a built-in rechargeable battery, I have rechargeable AA batteries already. Despite the complaints, I would still pick this controller over the other competition. And for iOS, don't even bother. I tried it on the iPad, and I simply can't find anything that just works with this controller. It is difficult enough for the iOS developers to give controller support, so the iOS players are out of luck. iOS is not controller friendly, and I mean any controller.
on October 16, 2014
Totally worth buying this. Works like a charm. Super easy to connect. All you have to do is turn the bluetooth on your phone and press X+home button on this controller and let them connect together. Plus(maybe) do some button settings on each emulator app. BUT just let you know that L1 and R1 buttons do not work if you wanna use this for REICAST app (Dreamcast Emulator). Seems like MOGA controller and some other products are having the same issue. (Not even sure if there is ANY bluetooth controller that has L1 and R1 buttons working on reicast... maybe the app it self has some bugs.. Anyways it works (even L1 and R1 buttons) perfectly with PSP, NDS, GAMEBOY emulators so far. I'm gonna try if it works with forced setting. (the one that forces the pad to work - only for rooted devices) To be honest, it really worth buying it with the price around 30 bucks, but I would just buy Playstation Dual shock 3 + phone rack if I can go back to the past. The grip and the button press feelings are not as great as real dual shock (or XBOX) controller.
on May 3, 2014
I bought this to control emulated console games on my HTC One M7 (Android 4.4.2). It works well for that purpose.

The overall weight of the thing feels light, but the controls themselves are solid. The d-pad is a little stiff, but totally usable. The analog sticks and the buttons are great and seem decent in quality. The clip that holds your phone looks a little delicate, but it grasps the phone firmly, and nothing wiggles.

As expected, the controller feels a little small in my hands, though it is not uncomfortable. The comfort could possibly be improved by extending the palm rests to dimensions closer to a PSX controller. But then it wouldn't be as portable.

The instructions have been poorly translated into English, and probably weren't very useful to begin with. There are numerous ways to set up this controller, depending what device you want to connect to it, and what you want to control with it. The documentation is only cursory. So you will likely have to do some research along with some trial & error before you arrive at a solution.

In my case, all I had to do was use the 'Gamepad Mode' (hold X button while turning on the controller) and pair it natively (without any 3rd party software). So if you have a HTC One M7 (with Android 4.4.2 & up) this should work for you. Users of other devices/Android versions may need to take a more circuitous route (i.e. Bluez IME or the Ipega Game Center app that's mentioned in the manual).

Once you've paired it to your device (provided it's paired natively), it connects/disconnects instantaneously and automatically when turned on/off. This is quite nice. I don't need to open an app or manually activate anything when connecting it, I just turn it on.

I've currently got it working with the following emulators:

EPSXE
SuperN64 .
GENPLUSDroid
Snes9x EX+

I would recommend this to retro gamers using HTC One M7, or any Android user willing to take the time to figure out what it takes to get it to work on their device.
on November 15, 2014
i got this controller to play emulators and wow im astonished by how good this is and the triggers are placed in a weird spot but after 10 or so minutes it gets more comfortable than the xbox triggers/bumpers one flaw though the dpad isnt that great but i dont use the dpad anyways.

PROS
-cheap
-durable
-great placed triggers/bumpers
-holds onto phone
-bluetooth

CONS
-dpad feels cheap
-cant use keyboard at the same time
-cant charge phone

BUY THIS NOW