Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on January 10, 2012
I received my case/keyboard in a few days after ordering this right after Christmas. I received a Blackberry leather case with no keyboard for Christmas with my Playbook. This case and keyboard are much more functional, and it was extremely easy to connect up via bluetooth to the Playbook. The keys have a nice feel, and typing is much faster than the on-screen keyboard. I will need a little time to adjust to keyboard size and layout, but it is a quality product! The Playbook slides in easily and two leather flaps hold it in securely. My only suggestion for a product improvement would be to have an adjustable flap which would allow the user to select a more upright viewing angle (like the Blackberry case which has two selections for viewing angle.)
on April 1, 2013
I give this 3 stars for the following reasons:
As a basic protector/ carrying case for the Playbook, it functions. It feels fairly well made and does cover up the whole unit. Not bad looking either. It could use some kind of strap or locking mechanism to keep it shut though. The top and bottom tend to slide alot when in the closed position. As a table or desk stand to keep the Playbook propped up, it functions ok. I've noticed that it flops back frequently if not deployed all the way and it doesn't work very well on smoother surfaces. The case does interfere with the cameras though. You have to play with it a little to get a full unobstructed picture. I use the camera seldomly so I wasn't bothered by this, but I thought I'd mention it in case someone was planning to.

The keypad is the weakest part here. The Bluetooth connection works very well and was easy to pair up with the unit. The keypad itself leaves something to be desired. It's made from some kind of flexible plastic or rubber material and the keys are kind of mushy. It's not the easiest keyboard to type on. You have to use it on a hard surface or you wind up with lots of mistypes. Even on a hard surface, it tends to cause typing errors if you type too fast. You have to go slow and be very deliberate with each key. It can actually be quite annoying if you are trying to get a lot of work done or are in a text conversation.

The way it functions with the Playbook is a little inconvenient as well. For instance, lets say you are logging into a website. You type your username into the proper field then you hit the tab button to move the cursor to the password field. With a normal keyboard and computer, yes. Not with this though. You actuallly have to touch the screen and move the cursor into the next field manually. I'm not sure if it's a shortfall of the keypad or a glitch in the Playbook. I have try a full size Bluetooth desktop keyboard sometime. You can however, hit the enter key after your username and password are entered and it will log you in to most websites. This thing could also benefit from the addition of a touchpad like the original Blackberry version which was nowhere to be found when I purchased this one.

Overall, I think it has some usefulness but leaves some room for improvement. I think it was priced fairly for what you get as long as you are comfortable with using it primarily as protection and not relying on it to be a fully functioning keypad.
on April 12, 2012
I was hesitant about buying this device and how quickly and reliable it would be to connect with my Blackberry Tablet. I have to honestly say it does all the things it is supposed to do and very reliable. The only feature I would like added is a touch mouse capability. Users still have to touch the screen in order to select an option on the homepage.
on July 7, 2012
This product worked first time. Other bluetooth devices are not as
kind when trying to connect to Playbook. Keys are close together but
function well like desktop keyboard. Stand makes viewing much easier even
for touch screen request. Add a bluetooth mouse for those small touch screen
prompts and you have a notebook like environment. Price is great !

Thanks
on January 13, 2013
I had to return this item. Before doing so, I bought the adapter which is not included in the purchase (or mentioned as needed in the description.

It needs a cord. I bought it.
Cord was difficult to seat because of thickness of seam beneath charging port.
It would not hold a charge long enough to be seen by the PlayBook.
PlayBook could see it, but it would not send appropriate messages to PlayBook to connect.
Connected like a charm to my laptop.
Cannot delete connection to laptop even though I returned the keyboard.

Shame? The case is terrific. The keyboard is soft and feels good to the touch. Playbook is a perfect fit.

Thank you to Amazon customer service for their immensely helpful assistance in getting this returned and refunded.
on February 6, 2013
The Bluetooth keyboard is TERRIBLE! I tried typing part of an essay using the keyboard. I gave up after only about five minutes of using this. The main problems with this is that there is a major lag from when you press a key to when it appears on screen. Another problem is that when typing for about three minutes letters that you type tend to double on screen or either they won't even show up (EX: you type "r" and "rr" appears on screen or either you type "r" and nothing appears). This HUGE problem becomes extremely frustrating when using this product. The reason I put one star instead of none was that it makes a nice case for the blackberry playbook and because I couldn't give it a no star rating.
on July 23, 2013
So this keyboard took a little getting used to. The key are spaced evenly though the two things that I had to get used to were the form factor and the amount of energy required to press each key. The first is a personal issue, the second I believe could safely qualify as a need-to-improve for the manufacturer. I used it for two days and it didn't seem to loose much power. Plugged it in after the second day and it took less than 45 minutes to charge back to full. Pretty impressive.

One other minor caveat, the writing for the on/off switch is soooo small that if you your eyes are not optimal like mine, you could potentially leave this thing on unnecessarily. There is plenty of room for them to stencil a slightly larger on/off indicator.
on March 16, 2013
Product performance (keyboard) is good. I am no so satisfied with its physical design however, i find the leather case oversized by about half inch on both left and right sides in relation to the tablet. It is also about 1-1/4" thick when closed making it even thicker than many laptops and netbooks that were recently released. Back camera hole is a bit offset with the camera.
on December 17, 2012
Great product, key board is a great size and presses smoothly... Durable and looks great! Love it and recommand it!
on April 12, 2014
I consider this purchase a good investment, however, the keyboard keys are soft and not so durable, you have to really press on them for the letter to appear on the device. Also after about a month the charging port connection came out of the socket, so right now I have the tablet but I cannot charge the kepboard. Took it to fix and the guy said taking it apart will destroy the 'beauty' of the keyboard. So the idea is good, but the product is faulty.