5.0 out of 5 stars Works as stated, despite off brand
I was very skeptical to order an off-brand Pentax item as well as from a unknown seller at the time. Due to the previous two reviews I took a chance and at worst case, I was out $10 or could get Amazon to give me credit.
Published on January 27, 2011 by kdkns

3.0 out of 5 stars Its ok
It was inexpensive that's ok, but not much range only about 4 feet up front and only 2 in the back.
also no shutter lockup position for long exposure.
Published 22 months ago by Uwe Behrendt

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as stated, despite off brand, January 27, 2011
This review is from: IR Wireless Remote Control for PENTAX Q, PENTAX DSLR (645D, K-5 II, K-5 II s, K-50, K-30, K-500, X-5, K-m, K-r, K-x, K-01, K-5, K-7, K10D, K20D, K100D, K110D, K200D, K2000) *ist (D, DL, DL2, DS, DS2) + Premium MagicFiber Microfiber Lens Cleaning Cloth (Electronics)
Everything turned out great. It shipped the next day and I got in the mail pretty quick. It came in a a small box with a cleaning cloth, instructions, and a little pouch to put the remote. Remote was of better quality then I expected for the price. Put the included battery in, turned my Pentax K-x to wireless shooting mode, and worked perfectly. I used it last night for some astrophotography. Zero complaints, and I saved $10+ not having to buy the Pentax brand for what is essentially a button with set infrared signal for Pentax cameras. Also the remote has a w/t button for controlling zoom but says it only works on no SLR camera's.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised, April 12, 2011
I just want to say that this is one of the best purchases I made when getting my Pentax KR kit. Everyone with a Pentax KR, rest asssure that this works EXACTLY as it was intended to work. I was reading somewhere that the focus button doesnt work. That may be the case with other Pentax bodies, but this remote focuses with the bottom button, and then closes the shutter with the top. Cant tell you how much this remote has saved me when I am working with the tripod. Keep in mind that you cannot use this remote with image stabilization. It just wont work with IS. It really is meant for use when having your camera mounted to the Tripod.

You wont be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommend, May 26, 2011
It comes with a battery and works prefectly with my Pentax K-r. The longest ir distance is 50 feet (15 meters) aroud. I am so glad to order this remote. Can't beat the price.

3.0 out of 5 stars Its ok, December 28, 2012
also no shutter lockup position for long exposure.

5.0 out of 5 stars 3rd party IR Wireless Remote, May 5, 2011
Despite the good ratings this item received, I was still a little skeptical about this working as well as the build quality. However, like the others I found this remote to be well worth the $9 total that I spent on it. The w/t aka zoom in/out button doesn't work for my Kx, or I have yet to find out how to make it work but I did figure out how to get it to autofocus(AF) and both the delayed (3second) and instant shutter release times work as they should! Not to mention this remote came with a case and cleaning cloth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Why pay extra?, November 24, 2010
This remote works great with my Pentax K-x. It comes with a battery and the battery is user-replaceable. You also get a cheap case for the remote, but not sure why anyone would want it, and a nice little cleaning cloth. You really can't beat it for the price considering the alternative for my camera would have cost more than twice as much.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, November 30, 2010
The product does what it says, a remote shutter release. The only complaint I have is that it seems to have to be a direct heads-on approach in order for it to work. Mine doesn't really work from the sides or an angle so well. So I end up having it in the picture which isn't really what I want.

3.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive remote that will do in a pinch, July 16, 2013
Like many others, I jumped for this remote for the price. It works well behind the camera when I'm doing astrophotography, but the range is really lacking. I don't think it does eight feet in front of my K-5..which I learned only when trying to get a pic of myself with the kids on a bridge. No biggy, I just used the timer. Still, for the price, this does the job in a pinch.

5.0 out of 5 stars works great, January 23, 2014
This worked from a distance that I will never use it at, I wanted to test to see the range it had to be 40 feet from the back side. it work for both my k10d and my point and shoot WG-2. I use it for family portraits now I don't have to stand up between each shot!! great price great seller. Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars IR Wireless remote Control for Pentax DSLR K5II, November 3, 2013
I bought a Pentax K5II and wanted a wireless remote for the shutter. I saw this item and decided to order it and give it a try. Here is what I liked:

1 This item is significantly less expensive than the Pentax unit.

2. This unit works with my Pentax K5II perfectly! There are two buttons on the unit, a focus button (W/T) and a shutter release button (S). They both function perfectly from either in front of the camera (if you want to be in the picture) or from in back of the camera (actually, you can be quite a ways to the side as long as there is at least some way for the signal to get to the back of the camera). NOTE: The W/T button performs different functions on different cameras.

3. The unit works well even when you are 20 feet away!

4. Even after 2 weeks of photo shoots with probably 500 being taken with this remote, the battery appears to be just as strong as when I first tried it.

What I did not like about it:

1. It would have been nice if it came with a solid case that would prevent the buttons from being depressed when not in use or an on/off button. However, so far I have not had any problems by keeping it in my camera bag when not in use.

If you have a Pentax K 5 II camera this is a perfect addition and it works great! I would highly recommend it. I have not tried it on any other model of camera so cannot speak to that.