5.0 out of 5 stars Works as stated, despite off brand
I was very skeptical to order an off-brand Pentax item as well as from a unknown seller at the time. Due to the previous two reviews I took a chance and at worst case, I was out $10 or could get Amazon to give me credit.
Everything turned out great. It shipped the next day and I got in the mail pretty quick. It came in a a small box with a cleaning cloth,...
Published on January 27, 2011 by kdkns

3.0 out of 5 stars Its ok
It was inexpensive that's ok, but not much range only about 4 feet up front and only 2 in the back.
also no shutter lockup position for long exposure.
Published on December 28, 2012 by Uwe Behrendt

‹ Previous | 1 2 341 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars I do not regred bourght this one, September 20, 2013
This review is from: IR Wireless Remote Control for PENTAX Q, PENTAX DSLR (645D, K-5 II, K-5 II s, K-50, K-30, K-500, X-5, K-m, K-r, K-x, K-01, K-5, K-7, K10D, K20D, K100D, K110D, K200D, K2000) *ist (D, DL, DL2, DS, DS2) + Premium MagicFiber Microfiber Lens Cleaning Cloth (Electronics)
the price is good, and it does do its job with my Pentax 30K camera. The supplier even send me a follow up letter after my purchase, said, I could return the product if not 100% satisfied, and so. However I found the distance to remotely control my camera is somewhat limited to about 10 ft, which is usually not far enough for you to stand in front of the camera with other people.

2.0 out of 5 stars only works at very short range, June 28, 2013
Amazon Customer (American Canyon, CA) - See all my reviews
You have to aim it just right to get a successful shot, from even a foot away. From several feet, forget it.

I mainly use this with a Pentax Q, but the same is true for my K10D.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice remote from a great dealer!, June 14, 2013
Bought this remote for my Pentax Q that comes with a manual zoom lens so there's no need for the W/T button. Now I am using the W/T to focus the camera (in auto mode) before depressing the "shoot" button. Excellent remote, excellent price and excellent dealer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy, Affordable, Functional, April 19, 2013
I bought this for use with my K30 and have not been disappointed.
-The range for me is fine, as expected it works better from the front.
-Only works if camera is set to remote control in shooting mode
-AF works if you set the camera to AF before remote picture.
-Price is low enough I'm not concerned about loosing it.
-Slim size fits in change pocket or camera bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Remote!, March 14, 2012
Great remote for my K5. Works better and has a longer range than the Pentax version. When paired up with my tripod this allows some great shots!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great, January 16, 2012
This IR remote works exactly as advertized with my Pentax K100D. No bells or whistles, but it comes with a battery and works great. A good buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Fine, No Complaints, July 20, 2011
About Item- For what it is it works great, no problems. I was going to go with the $20 Pentax F remote, but decided on this instead. So far I have no complaints.

About Seller- Seller shipped the item the weekday after order was submitted, arrived before earliest arrive by date. 5/5, no complaints. Had to leave feedback here since it submitted messed up originally.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works on Pentax K20D and Pentax *ist, July 17, 2011
I'm very happy with this off-brand Pentax Remote, since I can afford to buy extras for when I inevitably misplace the one I'm using. Works great on the Pentax K20D and *ist.

1.0 out of 5 stars usless, February 2, 2014
it works when the distance less than 2 m.
It is usless for group photo.
I do not like it

1.0 out of 5 stars Does what it supposed to do, April 30, 2014
Simple, inexpensive and working. Tested from the distance of ~6m.
I could make some "wish list" for features, but for the given price ? no complains.

Update:
After couple of months, I put this remote to the "real" test.
After about 200 pictures, shutter button stopped working.
Not sure about warranty on the item, but it is out of return /exchange window.
And for the price paid I don't want to bother about return.
I guess, you get what you pay for...once again.

‹ Previous | 1 2 341 | Next ›