Facility Spring Cleaning Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on January 27, 2011
I was very skeptical to order an off-brand Pentax item as well as from a unknown seller at the time. Due to the previous two reviews I took a chance and at worst case, I was out $10 or could get Amazon to give me credit.
Everything turned out great. It shipped the next day and I got in the mail pretty quick. It came in a a small box with a cleaning cloth, instructions, and a little pouch to put the remote. Remote was of better quality then I expected for the price. Put the included battery in, turned my Pentax K-x to wireless shooting mode, and worked perfectly. I used it last night for some astrophotography. Zero complaints, and I saved $10+ not having to buy the Pentax brand for what is essentially a button with set infrared signal for Pentax cameras. Also the remote has a w/t button for controlling zoom but says it only works on no SLR camera's.
review image
on April 12, 2011
I just want to say that this is one of the best purchases I made when getting my Pentax KR kit. Everyone with a Pentax KR, rest asssure that this works EXACTLY as it was intended to work. I was reading somewhere that the focus button doesnt work. That may be the case with other Pentax bodies, but this remote focuses with the bottom button, and then closes the shutter with the top. Cant tell you how much this remote has saved me when I am working with the tripod. Keep in mind that you cannot use this remote with image stabilization. It just wont work with IS. It really is meant for use when having your camera mounted to the Tripod.

You wont be disappointed!
on May 26, 2011
It comes with a battery and works prefectly with my Pentax K-r. The longest ir distance is 50 feet (15 meters) aroud. I am so glad to order this remote. Can't beat the price.
I bought a Pentax K5II and wanted a wireless remote for the shutter. I saw this item and decided to order it and give it a try. Here is what I liked:

1 This item is significantly less expensive than the Pentax unit.

2. This unit works with my Pentax K5II perfectly! There are two buttons on the unit, a focus button (W/T) and a shutter release button (S). They both function perfectly from either in front of the camera (if you want to be in the picture) or from in back of the camera (actually, you can be quite a ways to the side as long as there is at least some way for the signal to get to the back of the camera). NOTE: The W/T button performs different functions on different cameras.

3. The unit works well even when you are 20 feet away!

4. Even after 2 weeks of photo shoots with probably 500 being taken with this remote, the battery appears to be just as strong as when I first tried it.

What I did not like about it:

1. It would have been nice if it came with a solid case that would prevent the buttons from being depressed when not in use or an on/off button. However, so far I have not had any problems by keeping it in my camera bag when not in use.

If you have a Pentax K 5 II camera this is a perfect addition and it works great! I would highly recommend it. I have not tried it on any other model of camera so cannot speak to that.
on July 16, 2013
Like many others, I jumped for this remote for the price. It works well behind the camera when I'm doing astrophotography, but the range is really lacking. I don't think it does eight feet in front of my K-5..which I learned only when trying to get a pic of myself with the kids on a bridge. No biggy, I just used the timer. Still, for the price, this does the job in a pinch.
on May 5, 2011
Despite the good ratings this item received, I was still a little skeptical about this working as well as the build quality. However, like the others I found this remote to be well worth the $9 total that I spent on it. The w/t aka zoom in/out button doesn't work for my Kx, or I have yet to find out how to make it work but I did figure out how to get it to autofocus(AF) and both the delayed (3second) and instant shutter release times work as they should! Not to mention this remote came with a case and cleaning cloth.
review image review image review image
on September 20, 2013
the price is good, and it does do its job with my Pentax 30K camera. The supplier even send me a follow up letter after my purchase, said, I could return the product if not 100% satisfied, and so. However I found the distance to remotely control my camera is somewhat limited to about 10 ft, which is usually not far enough for you to stand in front of the camera with other people.
on January 22, 2016
Works great with my K50! Keep in mind you need to focus and set exposure first as pressing the button will not auto focus the lens. Ideal for long exposure shots and when you want to be in the portrait.
on November 10, 2014
When I first got this, I didn't exactly know how to use it. My camera experience has been with "remote shutter release" systems that use a CABLE screwed into the shutter. I pointed the remote at my X5 and nothing happened.

Well, I figured it was an inexpensive thing and too much trouble to return, so I'd eat the cost. I wasn't sure the X5 would work with it anyhow, and even if I didn't get it to work, the few dollars it cost to buy it seemed worth the possible benefits to me.

Then one night before the first of the several lunar eclipses we've had in the last several months, I was going through the settings on my camera and found the IR control mode.

Silly me.

Before, when I tried to take long-exposure shots that required a rock-steady hold, I failed miserably (this is why I got the thing). But once I mastered the settings in the camera... Just wow. It became much less of a matter of "will I get a decent shot" than it was "Can I find the damn thing I'm shooting to get the shot."

Hundreds of moon-shots (and others) later, I can honestly say this thing is OUTSTANDING. There's enough of a delay for "selfies" or family shots without someone looking like Captain Kirk trying to phaser down a Gorn in it. And not enough to make it impossible to get a more or less "in the moment" shot. It's reliable and as long as you're not too far away will shoot each time.

I tried the telephoto feature, which works, but still prefer to do that with a hands on.

Were I to complain, I'd say they should include instructions or a chart to tell the user how to set different cameras to use it, but that's mostly my not knowing how to use my camera as well as I should have at the time.

I don't give out many five stars (read my reviews) and only do it for those things which not only performed as expected, but did an exceptionally good job at it. This is one of the raries.

And you get a great cloth to clean your lenses (I use it more for my glasses than my camera) as a bonus.

In a world with so few products living up to their descriptions, this is a good find. Just make REAL SURE that your camera is compatible before purchasing by visiting the Pentax website.
on June 20, 2014
At first, I was baffled because I pointed it at my Pentax K-50 and hit the button and nothing happened. Then I read the Pentax manual and found out that I have to actually put the Pentax into IR mode before it'd listen for an IR transmitter. Once I did that, this remote triggered my camera exactly as it was supposed to. It's not fancy, and I doubt it's weatherproof, but what the hey, who sets up a tripod in the rain anyhow?