5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic! Exactly what I was expecting.
You cannot beat the deal. The headset is $100 new in the stores, and the refurbished ones are just as good. The set that I have has no physical damage, they look brand new. They dont crackle and pop like many others say they do, unless your extending your distance from the receiver by more than 20 feet. Make sure to buy a set of rechargeable batteries.
Published on October 29, 2012 by F4iguy01

1.0 out of 5 stars Not much money, but save it anyway
Published 7 months ago by Dumbledang

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic! Exactly what I was expecting., October 29, 2012
This review is from: Turtle Beach Ear Force X31 Wireless Stereo Gaming Headphones w/Boom Microphone & Inline Volume Control for Xbox 360 (Certified Refurbished) (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was looking for..., October 5, 2012
I was very reluctant to say the least to invest a lot of money on a pair of gaming headsets (particularly because I don't want certain people that I am related to by marriage saying I'm too old to be playing video games). But I figured since these were a pair of re-furb'ed ones, it wasn't going to be that big of a deal. Low and behold, they were exactly what I was looking for. I had sortof piecemealed a gaming headset by getting an extension cord for my regular headphones that would sit on top of my default 360 headset/mic. It was a pretty crude set up to say the least. But when I got these, the set up was very, very simple. And once I had it sync'ed, I couldn't have been happier. I don't really need that much rich sound to come out of the ear pieces, so anything that plays the default sounds and music are pretty much enough for me. But add that on top of the fact that I'm able to hear my conversations out of both ear pieces and it has made my gaming sessions that much more enjoyable. I hate the sound of my own voice, so hearing yourself when you spoke into the mic was not the greatest experience, but that is my own problem and not the headset itself. The only other knock is that it does get some buzzing noise when my cell phone or tablet is near and is sending/receiving information. A small inconvenience that was quickly and easily remedied by just moving it away from the headset/receiver. But the one thing that sold it for me was this very small and probably mundane detail that I had not expect to be there. Call me OCD or just plain weird, but I prefer to have the mic sit on the right side of my head. I thought that I would have to adjust and learn to live with the mic sitting on the left, again, not the end of the world. But I came to find out that you could actually turn the ear pieces so that if you flipped it the other way (right side on left and vice versa), you can actually have it sit the opposite manner and have the mic on the opposite side. This is probably a feature that is on all other headsets, but when I looked up video reviews on this and similar TB brands, there was no mention of it. Small details like that really made this a worthwhile purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars What I was looking for, April 24, 2013
I got sick of all the wires on all of my other headphones so I pretty quickly bought these on the fact that they were wireless. For the price they are great. Sound is decent to good and there is little to no crackling with the setup I got going. Small disappointment for me is needing a cord when talking to people but I guess that is a whole different kinda thing but I can deal with one cord and only when talking to ppl too

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and effective, January 22, 2013
for a refurb it works like a brand new pair but the only downside is they suck batteries I suggest buying recharables

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product and pricing!, February 14, 2013
Loved the product. Quick shipping! My son-in-law loved the head phones. They really improve your game play and interaction with the game.

4.0 out of 5 stars Get what you pay for, February 14, 2013
Sound is good
Cuts in and out a lot - but this is most likely cause by my wireless router
I recommend rechargeable batteries - will eat through them quick.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not much money, but save it anyway, June 24, 2014
This thing is trash! I have to sit in a straight line and only a few feet away from the dongle just to get somewhat clear sound for a second. If I so much as sit back or shift slightly in my seat, there's nothing but crackling. The microphone is more hit-or-miss than the flimsy headset that came packaged with my 360. I understood it would be far from perfect, but these annoyances became worse and worse, to the point where, with fully charged batteries, no obstructions, and a steady position, I can hardly make it to the title screen without feeling like someone is crunching potato chips next to my ears.
No, I didn't pay much for this, but it has to at least work some of the time for me to recommend it to anyone.

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, extremely dissapointing, April 19, 2013
Purchased this product based on high praise and recommendations from others...I couldn't be more disappointed.

In the rare moments that the earphones work properly, the sound is superb. Unfortunately, most of the time all I can hear is deafening pops and clicks, or nothing at all. According to the instructions, this is due to poor signal between the headset and the transmitter, however nothing short of holding the transmitter right next to my head seems to help.

The first and last Turtle Beach product I will ever waste money on. Stay away,

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your money and buy another model., November 25, 2013
Absolute garbage. I didn't purchase these off of Amazon, rather from another retailer about two years ago. After about 3 months of owning them they did nothing but crackle, pop, and go in and out. Finally I had enough and trashed them and will replace them with something else. It appears as though I'm not the only one that had problems with them crackling, popping and cutting out. After my personal experience and seeing the troubles other people have had with them, I'll never own another piece of equipment made by Turtle Beach again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great headset, I both of this to replace the ..., October 22, 2014
Great headset, I both of this to replace the cheap one I bought in Gamestop after the it stop working again, a little annoying to set up, thet instructions are not clear and I a tiny paper, if you hear no sound like I did the headset needs to pair with the wireless adapter, hold the pair button on the wireless adapter and Power of your headset .the light should stay solid, then bingo all working.