5.0 out of 5 stars Must-have for Kindle Fire HD Owners
There is no way to plug your camera into the Kindle Fire HD and directly download pictures wihout using a computer. This presents a problem when travelilng. Who wants to lug a laptop when hiking?

Published 11 months ago by Charles Zelnick

3.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, but.....
After having this card for six months (just past the return limit!), I'll admit the technology is excellent. It will do exactly what it's advertised to do and do it consistently.
Published 10 months ago by Frank Varga

5.0 out of 5 stars Must-have for Kindle Fire HD Owners, October 3, 2013

I bought this for a trip to Wales. We took over 900 pictures. At the end of each day, I turned on the Kindle, and turned on wireless. opened the Eye-Fi app which you can download free from the Kindle App Store.
Turned on my Canon PS SD750, and after awhile, all the days pictures would upload into the Kindle. From there I could edit and upload to Picasaweb or email to friends whenever we got in Wifi range.

A few tricks- I turned the camera's "time out" off, otherwise after 2-3 minutes it would power down and stop the upload. Also, be patient, it sometimes takes 5-10 minutes for the camera and Kindle to sync up- this took longer the more pictures I had uploaded, I wondered if it had to reconcile and count the number of pictures already uploaded to avoid duplicates? Anyway, I would set it up, go take a shower, and come back and usually it would be done.

When I got home, discovered that the Mobi card was not read by the USB of my older Win Vista computer- (although it was recognized by the USB of my wifes laptop). but I emailed Eye-Fi and they sent an adapter within 3 days; Th is worked great, and I was impressed by the technical support and the forums online (where I got the timeout trick above).

Overall, if you travel with your Kindle and camera, you need this card.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, but....., October 30, 2013
However, it's falling apart. It is delicate, and I cared for it accordingly, but the layers of plastic are beginning to separate and it's inevitably the seal will fail at some point. There may be a fix, but It seems my $50.00 investment is too soon in jeopardy.
I would advise Eye-Fi, a company I admire, to make a more durable product.

Update: Seller replaced the product in a timely manner and with a good deal of professionalism.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I anticipated, September 9, 2013
J. C. Garza (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
I wasn't thrilled with the fact that the only way this works is by sending *every* picture to your phone, but once I realized how fast it does it and that it doesn't seem to have a noticeable impact on either the camera's or the phone's battery, I got OK with it. (And, if you think about it, allowing you to pick which pictures to transfer between the devices would probably add a lot of complexity and confusion...)

One small oddity is that you can't insert this card into an SD card reader and transfer the photos and videos to your computer or whatever; the only way to use it is via wifi and the app. Not sure why that is, and I wish it weren't the case, but that's what it is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked like a charm !!!!, June 5, 2013
Worked like a charm!!! Pretty easy to configure [ Canon 5D Mark III & iPhone5 ]
1. Install the app from [ www.Eye.fi/mobi ] to your smart phone.
2. Enter the activation code provide on the back of the card's case [don't loose this code].
- This prompts to install an unsigned profile on your phone. You can simply proceed.
3. Insert the card into your camera
- Make sure, "Eye-Fi Settings" is Enabled in your camera's Menu [ In my 5D Mark III, it is set to 'disabled' by default ]
- Note: This setting is ONLY shown when you insert an Eye-Fi card into the camera.
4. Take few pics with the cam.
5. In your iPhone ->settings-> WiFi -> you should see something like "Eye-Fi Card 60****". Connect to this network.
6. Open the app on you iPhone. And that's it!!! You see all the images getting downloaded to your device.

Note:
1. I have both JPG and RAW files getting stored on my card. But the card pushes only the JPG files to my phone [ which is what I wanted].
2. You do not have the option of selecting the images you want to be pushed [i.e., all the images will get pushed to your mobile. so be watchful]

3.0 out of 5 stars Almost ready for prime time, June 9, 2013
Sacratomato (Northern California) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Built for a social network world, the Mobi is almost there feature wise. This review is based upon usage with a IPad Mini.

Pro's

Very easy to setup. I've read that this wasn't always the case with Eye-Fi cards. Insert the SD card in the camera. Start the Eye-Fi app, type in the access code (only needed during the first log-in) and it's up and running. It's easier to do than to type the steps required.

Down loading photos is a quick and easy process.

Con's

The card loses wi-fi connectivity at random times. This may be a "feature" to save battery drain if the card is not used for X number of minutes. I had to remove the card and re-insert it to regain the connection.

There is no way to select which photos to transfer from the card to the IPad. They all come tumbling out. Imagine a day at Disney World, taking photos from breakfast with Mickey to the last firework display over the park. Then imagine the Eye-Fi card automatically downloading ALL of them to your Ipad. How much free space do you have? We only wanted to download certain pictures to post on the social networks and that's not possible at this time. If only in version 2.0, we could see thumbnails of the photos and select which ones to download.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eye-Fi Mobi 8GB Wireless Memory Card: From camera to online in seconds, August 4, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Being able to use Wi-Fi to transmit photos from a digital camera to any kind of wireless access point sounded great a few years ago, but due to their minuscule size, it didn't seem feasible for serious work. But times change, as do advances in technology, and from this we all benefit.

The Eye-Fi Mobi 8GB SDHC Class 10 Wireless Memory Card was interesting in many ways, as it would allow for transferring photos from a digital camera to either my Android smartphone or my Kindle Fire. Being a Class 10 card made it even better as it would be on a performance level with my existing SDHC cards it it lived up to the claims. This card has both strengths and weaknesses, but first the key points.

◆ The Good:

+ Excellent Wi-Fi connectivity; fast photo transfer to Android devices
+ Solid Class 10 SDHC performance; as good or better than many others
+ Easy to set up; effortless installation with the right cameras
+ Keeps jpeg and RAW images on card; Wi-Fi uploads of jpeg photos
+ Works with free Eye-Fi app; uploads images to Kindle Fire

◆ On the Fence:

± Only works with certain digital cameras; see findings below

◆ The Not So Good:

- No instructions on Frustration-Free Packaging version; confusing

◆ First Impressions:

This Eye-Fi Mobi card arrived in a standard SD card plastic holder with just a basic note on the outside on how the get the free Eye-Fi app and an activation code. Went to the Eye-Fi online site and followed the link to download the free Eye-Fi app here on Amazon. Downloaded the app to my Samsung Galaxy S III Android smartphone and my Kindle Fire, and did some exploring.

The product page claims that the Eye-Fi card is "compatible with thousands of cameras," so I decided to see which ones of mine it would work with. On the Eye-Fi online site you can check for software compatibility with various models, so I looked and found the following for cameras that I own, some older and some newer, and a few that I'm considering.

Fujifilm X20: Compatible
Nikon D5000 (& D5100): Compatible
Nikon COOLPIX P7100: Compatible
Nikon D600: Compatible
Fujifilm FinePix F300EXR: Compatible

Each of the above had a model-specific note which listed various notes usually something to the effect of when used with an Eye-Fi card, the camera stays powered on until wireless media uploads are complete, has an onscreen icon, and offers the ability to enable/disable the Eye-Fi cards Wi-Fi via the camera menu.

Nikon COOLPIX P7700: Not compatible

This was a bit of a surprise (and a disappointment) since the P7700 is newer than the P7100, and the message was very direct: "No known Eye-Fi X2 cards will work with this camera."

◆ In Use:

Using the Fujifilm X20, which is one of my high-mobility cameras for general and street photography, did some serious testing, taking a number of photos under various conditions. This camera and others have a screen icon which indicates the presence of the Eye-Fi Mobi card, and there were no issues at all when uploading photos to the Galaxy S III Android phone. Some of the images were shot as JPG/RAW, and the JPG images were uploaded smoothly, leaving the RAW photos for upload to the computer later. Did some quick image uploads to Facebook using the Android phone, so they were online within moments after the original was taken in the X20.

The X20 is capable of shooting in sequential high-speed mode, and I found that this card kept up with my other Class 10 SDHC cards in actual use. Having Wi-Fi mobility plus speed is a definite asset. I did notice some increased battery drain while using this card, but the Fujifilm X20 suffers from this issue anyway, and that's why I carry a few extra batteries for the camera whenever mobile.

Also interesting was that I could upload photos to the Kindle Fire HD 8.9" tablet using the free Wi-Fi app noted above. This is excellent for creating photo presentations for either client viewing or personal use, and far faster than transferring images first to the computer and then to the tablet. If you use photo editing apps on an Android tablet like this, it is excellent for creating presentations on the fly.

◆ Other Findings:

When on the Eye-Fi online site, I downloaded the Eye-Fi Center for Windows software as per the minimalist directions that came with the Frustration-Free Packaging, but for this particular card, the PC version had issues with loading the Eye-Fi Center software. Sent an email message to Eye-Fi Customer Care to make sure that I hadn't missed anything, and had a reply within a few hours, which was impressive.

They responded back by noting that there are a few differences between Mobi and Pro X2 cards. Mobi cards only upload jpeg photos and supported video formats to iOS (5.1 and later) and Android (2.3 and later) phones and tablets. Pro X2 cards do the same, though the initial setup requires a computer that is connected to the Internet. You can also transfer both jpeg and RAW photos along with supported videos to computers and to over 30 online sharing sites.

If you need that type of PC or Mac functionality, you can find the Eye-Fi 16GB Pro X2 SDHC Class 10 Wireless Flash Memory Card here. There are other variations and capacities, including in Class 6 SDHC cards, but be sure that you check the specs.

◆ Summary:

This Eye-Fi Mobi 8GB SDHC Class 10 Wireless Memory Card has proven to be a true photographic mobility asset, and it's performance is surprisingly good. Having the ability to go from camera original to Android device and then onto various photo sharing and editing apps makes this card highly useful. Despite the minor issues listed in my review, subjectively the Mobi is a very good 4˝-star product that works well. It's a hassle-free way to take your photos from camera to online in seconds.

8/4/2013

2.0 out of 5 stars Lots of potential but in the meantime lots of problems, July 31, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was looking forward to getting the Eye-Fi Mobi SDHC card as I could see a lot of uses for it, especially being able to transfer photographs onto my ipad whilst travelling for some quick touch up work.

Use is very easy, insert into your camera, download the app onto your tablet, phone, computer etc. (there is software available for most devices), type in the code that is on the plastic protective container the card comes in and start shooting. Setup takes under 10 minutes (depending on the speed of your internet connection).

The software for the phone (tested on an android device) appears to be more intelligent that the software for the iPad. The phone will automatically pick up the cards wifi signature and lock on when you start the software. On the iPad, you need to go into settings and actually select the card from the list of available wifi hotspots.
Once locked on, every shot you take will be automatically transferred to your device (or multiple devices if you like).

Now this presents a problem. Every single shot you take is transferred, so you may soon find that you have run out of available space on your receiving device. I'm hoping that there will be an update to this soon so that only thumbnails are transferred to your device and then you can choose exactly which shots you really want to transfer (the thumbnails being deleted from your device when you exit the program).

Transfers from the card to your device are quite fast with a photograph taking just a few seconds to transfer (varying with the size of image your camera takes of course). The card itself is a class 10 so speedy enough for most uses and cameras and with 16Gb there is a fair amount of space for pictures.

The second major problem is that the wifi signal does not stay locked. I regularly found myself having to go back into my iPad settings and reselecting the devices hotspot. Sometimes the hotspot wouldn't even appear and I had to turn my wifi on the iPad off then back on again so that it would re-aquire the signal. This is a major pain.

The last major problem with this card is that it chews through your battery at an enormous pace. I tested on 3 different cameras and on each camera I noticed a very high increase in battery usage. On my Sony NEX, which has a fairly beefy battery, it used 7% of the battery in just 5 minutes. So power consumption is another major area where this card needs some modification.

There is so much potential to a card like this but unfortunately, at the moment, the negatives far outweigh the positives. I'm hoping that there will be software updates soon that will correct some of the problems. Some of the other problems unfortunately I don't think a software update will fix. It will probably require new hardware in the card itself.

Given the price and the problems it currently has, the only way I can recommend this is if you are in a studio setting with your camera plugged into the mains and want to transfer images quickly to an actual computer.

1.0 out of 5 stars This is the worst card reader that you could possibly buy, December 30, 2013
Here is the dream:
1. Take photos with camera using the Eye-Fi Mobi.
2. Have iPhone in pocket.
3. Download the Eye-Fi App, and activate.
4. Look on iPhone and find all my new photos!

Yay!!!

Here's the reality:
1. Take photos with camera using the Eye-Fi Mobi.
2. Have iPhone in pocket.
3. Download the Eye-Fi App, and activate.
4. Nothing happens.
5. Look online, realize that the camera needs to take lots of photos to activate the Eye-Fi, so take more photos.
6. Nothing happens.
7. Look online, realize that the camera needs to be activated somewhere in the menus to turn on Eye-Fi.
8. Make changes to camera.
9. Find the Eye-Fi wireless signal and connect iphone to the signal.
10. Take more photos randomly just to try to turn the damn thing on.
11. Nothing happens.
12. Get annoyed, pull card out of camera, and plug it into a handy card reader that you've used 100 times to download photos into your computer.
13. Nothing happens.
14. Look online, find out that Eye-Fi doesn't work with most card readers, and the only way (theoretically -- although at this point that is unproven) to get photos off the card is to use the wi-fi system.
15. Take more photos.
16. Realize something is happening -- YAY! Card is working. So easy and simple. Took me two hours to do what takes five minutes. PROGRESS!
17. Realize that Eye-Fi only downloads pictures, and won't download videos taken by my camera, which are in simple format. So no videos. Videos are now lost for all time.
18. Try downloading photos to another iPhone, because that's kind of the idea of this kind of connectivity -- to SHARE!
19. Realize that Eye-Fi will only download the photos once.
20. Look for packaging to return this horror show of a product.

It's really the worst thing I've ever owned. I wish I could give it negative stars:
* Documentation is terrible.
* Online help is terrible.
* Does not work intuitively.
* Card doesn't work with standard readers, so the only way to get photos off it is to use their system.
* Card doesn't download standard videos to iPhone.
* Card will only work intermittently, depending on how many photos you've taken -- doesn't do it as you snap them.
* Card will only download the photos once, so you only get one crack at them.

This is the second time that Eye-Fi has suckered me into buying their products. The first one was terrible too, but that was three years ago and I figured they'd gotten their act together. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, my bad.

I hate myself for buying this.

It's too late for me. Save yourself. Never, ever, ever buy one of these.

5.0 out of 5 stars This thing just works...love it, September 22, 2013
The reviews saying how easy and convenient this thing is were NOT wrong. This was my experience:

1) Inserted the the eye-fi SD card into my Sony Nex-5N
2) downloaded the eye-fi app on my Note 2
3) Turned the camera on and walked through the setup process on the app by entering the code on the eye-fi packaging
4) Done! I was beaming pics from the Nex to my Note 2 within minutes.

If I were to recommend anything I wish there was a "delay to send" option that allowed you to control how long the eye-fi delayed before it beamed pictures to your device. It usually initiates the transfer in 15-30sec from taking the picture but it would be nice to delay to say, 2-5 minutes. This would give you time to review your pics on the camera and delete the ones you don't want before eye-fi beams them, hence avoiding duplicates copies that you know need to delete.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and simple!, August 3, 2013
Works awesome when you are not connected to a wifi network already (such as in the middle of a park or in the car). But if you are at home, you need to go tho the wifi settings and switch from your home network to the EyeFi network before you can use the app.

Rate and Discover Movies