2,522 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW - better than expected, buying more
Published on July 30, 2010 by M. Fields

1.0 out of 5 stars You've got to ask yourself one question: do I feel lucky?
Published on April 4, 2012 by Phaedrus

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW - better than expected, buying more, July 30, 2010
I order three of these, they where much cheaper than hiring an electrician for the dark areas in my old house. I am blown away by the light this little box throws off. I put on one my front porch, to light up the screen and front door for my daughter at night - lights up the WHOLE porch. I put one on the top step of a very dark and steep basement stairway - I can see all the way down the stairs. I put the last one in my sons closet - now I can see that it needs to be cleaned! They are very sensitive to motion, and have a high pick up range. I would guess it to be at least four to five feet - and 180 degrees at that! It will stay on for as long as it senses motion, and then shuts down about thirty seconds after you leave the area (saving the battery life). It is not adjustable, mounts flat to the wall (or where ever you are putting it)with one small screw. The design in the back allows you to take it off the screw when ever you need it to be portable. I took one to the chicken coop - light up a large area as I was walking in the yard and illuminated the whole chicken house. I am so impressed, I am buying three more. Will be great for the garage, the hallway, and the upstairs staircase. I can just imagine how handy they will be during a power-outage (I live in the North East - we get a lot of those). I know they have replaced my flashlight, rather than a single beam...they give of a 180 degree, half circle of BRIGHT, BRIGHT light. I love them! One warning - do NOT touch the small plastic casing over the motion sensor - it will pop right off. Not a big deal, I unscrewed the unit and glued it back into place. My three year old thought it was an on and off button - not so. The controls are in the back. You have three choices, On, Off, and Auto. Makes it handy to be able to have a choice!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well in our dark hallway, January 27, 2009
I was skeptical after getting a couple of other "motion sensor pucks" that didnt trip unless you were right under them (dragon light). This one is up in our hallway and lights up the area adequately for walking through and finding things in the near closet. Planning on getting two more for the other dark recesses in our hallway.
Pros: kids will trip the light even though it's on the ceiling - even the dogs will trip it. Provides enough light to see, even into the nearby closet.
Cons: Blue color. They've got "natural" colored led's, why they don't install them into these products remains a mystery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little motion sensor light!, January 2, 2009

This mini motion sensor light is really great! I bought it for a pet area that needs a light at times since it gets dark out so early these days, & this does the job perfectly!

It's small enough to place/hang anywhere, but the light is quite bright - don't be fooled by its small size.

I should mention that the first one I received didn't come on automatically for me, so had to be returned, but the replacement works perfectly.

1.0 out of 5 stars You've got to ask yourself one question: do I feel lucky?, April 4, 2012
Phaedrus (Illinois, USA) - See all my reviews
I have a stair well that is not particularly well lit. The deficiency is not enough to be dangerous and the stairwell is not used that often, so I've been reluctant to spring for installing a proper lighting fixture. But an inexpensive improvement would be welcome, and I thought this light might offer that. The reviews gave me the impression that a fair number of these lights have quality problems, but for the price it seemed worth a roll of the dice.

And indeed it did improve the situation and I was pleased with the purchase. So pleased that shortly after that I bought another one, to take care of a dark corner in an outbuilding.

And everything was going fine with both lights for four months or so until the motion sensor on the first light stopped working - when running in the Auto position the light will correctly trigger when it senses motion but it will not turn off again after the usual motionless interval. In fact it won't turn off again at all, unless you manually switch it to the Off position. In other words, it is now reduced to a glorified flashlight - useful for the power outage kit but useless for the intended purpose.

Disappointing, as it was a great solution, but the bottom line is this product appears to be a crapshoot, and if you get a good one, as I did (so far) I'd give it five stars, but there's a fair chance you'll lose the gamble and get a clunker, as I also did. So you'll have to decide if it is worth rolling the dice. Personally I think I have learned my lesson and will look elsewhere.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not exactly as described, but adequate for the purpose, September 8, 2009
Bruce W. Britton (Santa Clarita, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I bought two of these lights (if you only need one, at this writing the same two sellers offer these lights singly: Wireless Motion Sensor Light - 10 Super-Bright LED - Install Anywhere in 30 Seconds!). While not precisely as described, they get the job done (or at least have so far).

Pluses: bright light from the 10 LEDs, low drain on batteries, no wiring needed.

Minuses: in my experience, the sensor range is much less than the description states (I figure three to four feet); seem to be cheaply made (in China, if that matters to you); the three-position switch (off/constant-on/motion-sense) seems cheap and is positioned such that it's hard to move, which may or may not be an issue for you (if you're leaving it permanently set to sense motion, it won't matter); in one of my two units, the three-position switch was wired backward relative to the labeling, an indication of poor quality control; as other reviewers have noted, (1) there is no "daylight off" function (except to move the three-position switch to off, which is a nuisance), and (2) there doesn't seem to be any heat sensing.

All in all, not a purchase I'm sorry I made. For my use, they're adequate. For some, the negatives may outweigh the good price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised. Very nice bright light., April 6, 2009
G. La Rosa (Clifton, New Jersey) - See all my reviews
1 reviewer is mistaken. It clearly states that it will be activated by motion and heat. It is NOT photo activated. I did buy another product from a different vendor that cost a bit more that IS motion and Photo (will not turn on during daylight)sensitive. My experience (I bought a total of 4 lights)with this 2 pack 10 LED light has been fantastic. It is perfect for garages and closets. They have been in operation for a month now and are working perfectly with no indication of battery drain. I am buying another set today. If you need a light that is Photo and Motion activated, expect to pay about 10 dollars more for ONE light.

4.0 out of 5 stars Safety on stairs, placement a consideration, August 8, 2010
Kibbitzmom (St. Louis, MO) - See all my reviews
These are exactly what we were looking for. Our basement stairs are not well-lighted. We could hire someone to put in an electric light, because we aren't handy that way. Or we could put in battery operated lights, but would have to turn them off and on as needed. But motion sensor lights come on only when needed and turn off when they aren't needed. They are just perfect and give plenty of light to this dark area. The video shows how they work without any basement lights on.

UPDATE: Based on the comments and in retrospect, I have to say that these lights don't sense motion to the sides very well. If you are coming at them straight on, they will turn on when you are about six feet away, but if you are to one side, you have to be right next to them before they turn on. That should be a consideration in placement.

1.0 out of 5 stars Motion Sensor Does Not Work, November 23, 2009
COLIN MCSTRAVICK (Portland, Oregon USA) - See all my reviews
On the back of the product there is a switch with 3 options - On, Off, or "Auto"(Motion Sensor). The On and Off states work fine. However, the "Auto" state (Motion Sensing) setting does not work on the product sent to me. When in the Auto position, the light turns on, then goes off after a short period - but does not active when I wave my hand in front of it - at close range (1" in front), and further away. The motion sensor simply does not work. I am disappointed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Defective Product - 2 of them, June 29, 2012
Sheryl (Oak Park, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I bought 2 of these. Both do not work on the "Auto" setting - the light stays on all of the time until you physically turn the switch off. I left them both downstairs while I went upstairs to the other side of the house at night. 2 hours later, the lights were still shining brightly continuously. So, there is no motion sensor on mine at all - only on all the time or off. Apparently more than 100 people have had the same experience with this product; how does the company get away with continuing to sell defective items?

1.0 out of 5 stars They Do Not Work as Advertised, March 3, 2010
So far I have tried three out of the four of these lights I purchased and not one of them has worked correctly. The first on started off well, sensing movement from about eight feet away; however, within days, the distance was down to 1-2 feet!!! After less than two weeks, it quit working completely! The second light never sensed movement more than four feet away (down to 1-2 feet now). The third one has the same sensing ability but includes the additional feature of turning itself on without ANY movement in the area. Just to test it, I placed it in a closet and the same thing continues to occur. This is an easy recommendation, "Don't waste your money."

Wireless LED Motion Sensor Light, 6-Pack