Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 232 questions
votes
Not at all. The only fee paid, is for the ISP service you are connecting the device to. The device itself is 100% free to operate.
Aug 15, 2013 by Brian Carilli
votes
Comes with a power cord, a short Ethernet cord (about 2 ft long) and a carrying bag (that is too small to put everything in). But the router works great and is very small and lightweight.
Jun 27, 2013 by S. Brock
votes
This router is secure already, but it's not like your home router which is encrypted.however, when you configure it, it will ask you for a password , so you choose the one that your computer registers... It needs to be connected to a Ethernet port... In order for it to work!
Feb 28, 2014 by Cool Music
vote
On the back there is already a network name and unique password. You just need to indentify that router when you search for networks and enter the provided password. Super easy.
Apr 3, 2014 by Magiliu
votes
It works like a champ. It comes up at 192.18.100.1 and presents a web-based management system. Then you can set the IP address and all the other parameters that you would expect from a router or access point. I have used it both ways with good results and carry it in my kit to video jobs. Last week, i needed a little more signal between a WiFi-controlled camera and my iPad, so i stuck a ZyXel in router mode on a wall midway between them, plugged it in, and reset the devices to look for the router instead of each other... i was back up in minutes. I recommend them highly. cheers, crc Video Engineer
Jan 29, 2014 by Ralph
votes
Yes. According to the product manual (http://www.manualowl.com/m/ZyXEL/MWR102/Manual/352155?page=40) you can disable broadcast SSID, which would make the wireless network invisible to most ordinary connections.
Dec 16, 2013 by Kevin
votes
The answer is yes. I use mine when traveling. I wifi my hotel room and sometimes conference rooms. I run my phone, laptop and nook at the same time. It comes with a network cable and power adapter. Plug it in and your device will"see" the router, enter the password and your connected.
Mar 10, 2013 by Dano195
votes
Real simple answer yes, if you need Wifi. You will have to unplug the LAN line (blue cord) that connects to your computer and plug it into the ZyXel, then get another blue plug and insert it into the ZyXel and then into your computer. A passcode is included in the box, don't lose the small papers included. So the blue card from the wall goes into your ZyXel and then onther blue card goes from the ZyXel to your computer.
Nov 6, 2013 by GiGi
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   ...   24   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers