Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Wireless Stereo Headset - Playstation 3” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 46% off the $99.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Wireless Stereo Headset - Playstation 3
- 7.1 virtual surround sound enables you to hear the enemy before they see you
- Easily access headset Volume and Mic Mute controls. Retractable microphone for use only when you need it
- Crystal clear conversations to strategize with teammates. Stay informed with exclusive on-screen headset status updates
- Built-in rechargeable battery delivers seven hours usage on a single charge. Enjoy your Wireless Stereo Headset on your PC or Mac
- Enjoy hi-fidelity sound while watching your favorite movie. Breathable oversized earpads allow for hours of comfortable gameplay
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
I struggled at first to determine what I thought about the product. What I ultimately concluded was that for convenience and ease of use alone, this is a worthwhile product that is close to the correct price point. I locked in when the preorder price was $65 here on amazon, so I am definitely satisfied with the value. $100 may have been close to the high point, but I still think it is a decent value for what you get here. Here is the breakdown:
- The virtual surround is not going to blow you away. Like others have pointed out, it makes the low end sound a little thin, and some realism is lost in the process. I have a difficult time determining which I prefer, stereo or virtual surround. For sports games, I prefer stereo. For shooters, virtual surround does offer a little bit of directional recognition, so it is useful, but again, nothing impressive.
- I am a borderline audiophile. I have spent upwards of $500 on headphones before, and have considered the purchase completely worth it for the fidelity provided. My current favorite is the Shure SE 535: [...]
I would say that high end headphones have spoiled me to the point that I could never consider this sony product as exceptional sounding. It is not. I can't really listen to this product at high volumes without getting ear fatigue very quickly and noticing the sound signature short comings.Read more ›
|Length: 5:01 Mins|
Works for both your PS3 and PC though you will have some trouble on the PC as you can't boost the mic gain but the sound works great. When turning on the 7.1 audio is seems like you get more treble and less bass.
7.1 and 5.1 only works with the PS3 and only works with games at the moment. Movies and music are a miss. PC users can only use 2.0 stereo.
The headset is very light and snugs well around the head for long periods of time. I would defiantly recommend this to anyone looking for a great wireless headset with less wires.
Now to be fair, I am not an audiophile, I don't have a home theater set up, and have never used a headset before, so this is all new to me, and perhaps those who do have all of that stuff will scoff. But, if you're like me, just a guy who enjoys games but doesn't want to disturb his wife and kids, read on.
First, the negative (let's get that out of the way): The headset is bulky, it is plasticy and doesn't feel like excellent build quality, the extendable mic does feel a bit flimsy (I am a bit concerned how this will hold up over time), and the blue light on the mic can be distracting to some, but it wasn't a big deal for me (note, I only noticed this when the mic was in the extended position). That's it. There is nothing else I can think of that would fall under the negative column for this headset.
Now for the positives:
1) Extremely Comfortable. The pads are very soft and cushiony and the over-ear design fit like a soft glove. Also, probably due to the use of plastic on the set, while somewhat big and bulky, it is extremely lightweight. I had no problems after 3-4 hours and did not get hot-ear or experience any discomfort.
2) Ease of Use. It's a no-brainer to set up. It is just plug and play. Controls are easy to find and use during gameplay. Push the upper left side to mute the mic, push it again to un-mute. Sliders on the front and back on the left side for volume and voice/sound control. Pull out the mic for chat, push it back in for the single player campaign. Easy as pie.
3) Sound.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Worked great for the first 6 or so months. Now the wireless connection cuts out all the time and the material on the pads is falling off.Published 17 hours ago by Daniel C. States
Awesome headphones I purchased a couple of years ago for my playstation 3.Published 5 days ago by Antonio
Guys which one should i buy .. The gold for ps4 Or this one .i have both of them but unfortunately i've lost the usb xD And i think this one is better ?Published 24 days ago by adnan
Good sound but it has a bad quality leather which keeps cracking everywhere and throwing partsPublished 26 days ago by jrgd
I've had this headset for 5 years since it released and its still kicking. I've used it almost every day since then and it still sounds great. Read morePublished 28 days ago by Daniel