Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Wireless keyboard for Panasonic Viera TV

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 30 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 31, 2010 6:52:31 AM PDT
gaylemh says:
Hi,

Could someone recommend a not too expensive wireless keyboard that will work with Panasonic 50" Viera TV. I want to retire my computer from the living room and use the TV instead.

Thanks
Gail

Posted on Jul 16, 2010 5:13:36 PM PDT
Aaron Hammel says:
Looking for one myself.

Posted on Jan 11, 2011 5:46:51 PM PST
Any responses or purchases to recommend

Posted on Mar 28, 2011 11:05:39 AM PDT
Annie Shi says:
im looking also

Posted on Apr 28, 2011 9:58:47 AM PDT
i found one that works with no problem. its called the micorsoft wireless desktop 800. on sale sometimes for 19.99 on buy.com with free shipping. barcode number 885370165258

or use the link

http://www.buy.com/prod/microsoft-wireless-desktop-800-usb-keyboard-mouse/q/loc/101/216396185.html

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 7, 2011 12:08:54 PM PDT
Has anyone tried it out on the tcp50gt25 3d viera tv yet? Do i need any other devices to make it connect?

Posted on Apr 17, 2012 6:12:05 PM PDT
I tried a Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse combo EX 100, no luck.
I read to try a Microsoft 2.4 GHz, but I found a Logitech Solar 2.4 GHz K750, no mouse but the keyboard works Great!
It has the small usb key to commniate with the TV, and it will use any Logitech mouse with unifying technology.
Don't really need a mouse, but it sure beats typing on the remote keypad..

Posted on May 10, 2012 7:51:50 AM PDT
Bruce says:
The Logitech Wireless Illuminated Keyboard K800 is compatible with my Panasonic TC-P50ST50. Both Logitech and Panasonic couldn't recommend or provide a list of compatible keyboards, so I blindly purchased this keyboard. If it didn't work, I had planned beforehand to use it on my desktop computer. On my Panasonic TC-P50ST50, I plugged the wireless receiver into one of the USB ports and after I turned on the TV, it prompted me to select the keyboard type (U.S., Canadian, Spanish). Although it does sluggishly respond to inputs on my TV, I attribute that to the slower processor of the Panasonic ST50 series, which is not the dual-core processor of the Panasonic GT50 series. Therefore, any keyboard would respond sluggishly...but tolerably. I like the keyboard so much, I eventually moved it to my desktop computer and if I want to use it on my TV, I just plug the receiver into the TV. If you would also use this keyboard on both your TV and computer and don't want to constantly fumble with the USB connection on the rear of your TV, this keyboard comes with a receiver extender cable. Plug the extender cable into your TV, leave it there and plug the receiver into the extender cable when you move it.

On Wednesday, I ordered through Amazon for $79.99 and with the free shipping option, it arrived the following Friday. 1 day, 20 hours and 56 minutes! It's easy to set up, delightful to use and convenient as a multipurpose keyboard.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2012 6:28:56 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 5, 2012 6:30:36 AM PDT
ML234 says:
I tried this product (Microsoft Wireless Desktop 800) and it did NOT work with my 2012 60GT50. The keyboard worked but the mouse did not.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 4:07:10 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2013 4:07:53 AM PST
Todd P. Last says:
http://www.iogear.com/product/GKM681R
/IOGEAR GKM681R 2.4GHz Wireless Compact Keyboard with Optical Trackball and Scroll Wheel (Silver/Black)

I have this keyboard and it works fine with the Panasonic Viera

Posted on Jan 17, 2013 10:50:21 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 22, 2013 4:18:05 AM PST
Logitech wireless MK260 keyboard does connect with Viera as the arrow directional keys work, but actual typing of Letters & numbers does not work. So, back in the box and a return, and my hunt continues to find a better alternative to Searching YouTube or other apps via typing on a qwerty, rather than the frustrating remote wand.

[UPDATE/CLARIFICATION] I continued toying with the keyboard and SEARCHES on various 'Net services (Youtube, Vimeo, Facebook, Twitter) to discover this keyboard does work with the TV. Instead, it is often the extremely kludgey applications that require precise handling. Folks, I've played for this TV for 6 months, and while I love the TV itself, the Viera application suite does not really produce the same feel of "being on the 'Net" or "surfing the Web" that your computer will. While on my PC web browser, I start at Google or Yahoo or whatever homepage and surf from there, the Viera apps are limited to what I'd call push entertainment vehicles. Netflix, HuluPlus, etc. I do enjoy posting up family pics on Google's Picassa, or videos on Vimeo ... and viewing them on the large Viera screen in the living room. This aspect of Panasonic Viera is brilliant. However, using the TV as a typical web browser? Forget it. Even though Facebook & Twitter are provided apps on Viera, they are really not very useful. You can't call a link from within either app, for instance. You can post a Tweet, but it is annoyingly difficult and cumbersome to find the right menu and command sequence to do so, even with a wireless keyboard. Until and unless Panasonic gets serious about promoting solid Web applications for its Viera platform, do not expect their TVs to provide a true web-surfing environment. Buy the TV for its fine picture, and its many HDMI and USB hookups, but not as replacement PC or iMac for your den.

Posted on Jan 21, 2013 7:47:44 PM PST
oso says:
Panasonic TC-L55DT50 I need a cordless keyboard that works with Panasonic 55" Viera TV, I would like to use my tv insted my computer.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2013 7:02:08 AM PST
Does the track ball work just like a mouse pad? I have the Viera gt 2012 55"--which model do you have? Do you simply plus in to USB and it works?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 10, 2013 1:25:23 AM PST
What model Panasonic Viera are you connecting to?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 23, 2013 8:34:11 AM PDT
Ron says:
Hi, Does the trackball work with your TV?

Ron

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 7, 2013 3:01:16 PM PDT
Aleksandr says:
I just got it- I can type the name of the movie in the Netflix, but how do you type on a keyboard at youtube??

Posted on May 19, 2013 7:24:44 AM PDT
I have a spare HP wireless keyboard and dongle. It doesn't work properly. I'll need to look around for one that does.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2013 2:58:07 PM PDT
Kevin Timmo says:
I just got my Panasonic st60 tv and had same question. I bought the Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400 with Built-In Multi-Touch Touchpad (920-003070) for $29 and the keyboard and arrow keys work okay ( a little sluggish but acceptable). But as others have said, the touchpad/mouse feature does NOT work. My question to the thread posters, is there ANY wireless keyboard where both the keys and touchpad (or tracking ball) will work? FAVI tiny handheld keyboards? IOGEAR keyboards? Microsoft?

Posted on Oct 30, 2013 4:00:56 AM PDT
Bryan Irving says:
Xenta make small wireless keyboards that work on some Panasonic TVs. Price from £8-£20. Mine did the keying OK, but kept crashing the TV when I hit enter. The helpful guys at the AV shop tested it on their Panasonic TVs and it worked fine (that's what they they sell the Xenta it for).

Posted on Nov 5, 2013 4:34:50 AM PST
Just got my Panasonic 60ST60 last weekend. Working to get some basic picture quality adjustment and started to wonder how long is that Menu button on the remote going to last. Different inputs; HD sports, TNT, Moviecity, etc.. all require tweaking of contrast or tint. Have new Logitech MK270 USB keyboard... plugged in tiny receiver and instantly was working... F3 key = Menu, arrow keys function. Does anyone know where to find a complete map of what keys correspond to the Remote commands? The manual lists a very limited number. But overall works great and only $27!!

Posted on Nov 29, 2013 11:19:41 PM PST
NTPete says:
The eHELP "functions/Bluetooth devices sets out the Keyboard functions and also says that any Keyboard that requires a Driver to be installed will NOT work.

Posted on Jan 2, 2014 6:01:48 AM PST
Hi guys, I got the Panasonic 55ST60 plasma and a Logitech K810 BT keyboard. I took it for granted that the TV has Bluetooth but it does not. Could anyone provide specific details of the USB-Bluetooth dongle which works with a generic BT keyboard? The K810 requires some authentication during pairing because it works with 3 devices. I figured that if I paired it with a BT dongle on a computer, then it could work. Unfortunately, the BT dongle I have laying around does not seem to work - could be defective, or could be that the keyboard just fails to pair with a dongle. Any suggestions?
Also, I could not find any VIERA HID keyboards, which is what should work with the ST60 - those are plugged into the USB?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 2, 2014 5:49:46 AM PST
birads says:
The touchpad on the Logitech K400 does work with some of the APPS.

Posted on Aug 29, 2014 8:31:36 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 29, 2014 2:38:37 PM PDT
Visa says:
I tried with a Microsoft with USB2 cable and it works fine, even the multimedia volume and the arrows as the mouse
Later with a generic RF keyboard Slim Touch Mini with keypad and the keyboard and not the multimedia,
I'll try later 2 o 3 more including Adesso and Logitech with Bloetooth

Posted on Oct 10, 2014 7:36:17 AM PDT
Ron White says:
I've bought a couple of keyboards to use with a Panasonc St-50. One controlled volume but little else. The other did diddily. But there are apps you can use on an Android tablet or smartphone--may be some for iPhone, too. The app works well for me with my TV connected to may wireless network. I can even more the cursor with mouse-like gestures on the tablet or phone. And the app emulates visually the keys on the Panasonic's own remote, so that I have the Netflicks button and the four color buttons that serve different functions. No having to remap keys to codes. Oh, and the apps are free.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  28
Total posts:  30
Initial post:  May 31, 2010
Latest post:  Apr 18, 2016

Search Customer Discussions