Wireless or traditional Can some one please tell me if the wireless printers are better than the traditional ones you plug in? What is the quality of printing and how often do you have to replace batteries? I have a wireless key board/mouse and change out the batteries about every 3 months. My remote has batteries to change also. It just seems that this is too many batteries to deal with. What size or kind of batteries do these printers require? Is it all worth it just to not have cords or cables to deal with? Thank you all for any information you can offer.
asked by USA earthling on November 15, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
Print quality should be the same. The advantage of wireless is convenience, if you have a home wireless network. You don't need to have a cable from your PC to the printer so they don't have to be located beside each other. It's especially convenient for a laptop that you can carry around your house and print from anywhere without going to the printer and connecting USB cable to it.
Johnny answered on December 1, 2011
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
There are no batteries. Don't be fooled by wireless designation. You do need to connect wires and USB cables to scan and print
You can be wireless for iPad and PC printing.
Barbara Manhattan answered on December 14, 2012
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I am being serious and thanks for the reply. I just wondered if one was a better choice than the other.
USA earthling answered on November 16, 2011
Comment | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The advantage of network connectivity is that you don't need a PC powered on to print. With USB it's connected to exactly one PC. With network, you can print from any device (desktop, laptop, iPad, etc) without having to power up a specific PC or reconnect the USB cable to the device. The advantage of wireless network connectivity is that you don't need to have an Ethernet jack nearby.
Scott L. Johnson answered on December 31, 2012
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I thought your question was a joke but I guess you are being serious. These printers are still plugged into an electrical outlet. They just don't have be plugged into a computer or laptop to print.
BAH answered on November 16, 2011
Comment | 2 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product