Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 47 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 19, 2013 10:52:47 PM PDT
DaFowlHunter says:
Can anyone confirm if these are wireless? I see no mention of it anywhere. I have the X41 and if I can't stay wireless I won't be getting them.

Posted on Aug 24, 2013 12:38:52 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 18, 2013 2:43:48 PM PDT]

Posted on Aug 24, 2013 7:46:59 PM PDT
P. Davis says:
I would imagine the Astro A50's would work wirelessly with whatever adapter microsoft is releasing so people can use their old xbox 360 mics with the new xbox one.

Posted on Aug 31, 2013 2:56:22 AM PDT
Dom256 says:
This is why I'm confused, Turtle Beach said they were only going to have wired headsets at launch. Their website says it differently.
Why you need it:
Wireless surround sound
Full chat functionality on Xbox One®:
Swappable speaker plates
Premium 50mm neodymium speaker drivers
Noise-isolating memory foam ear cushions
Mobile device compatibility
- See more at: http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/xbox-one-headsets/ear-force-xo-seven/389#sthash.KuKBZFha.dpuf

Posted on Sep 1, 2013 4:10:35 PM PDT
Patrick says:
There is a wire to the controller but there isn't a wire to the console.

Posted on Sep 3, 2013 1:07:11 AM PDT
DaFowlHunter says:
I really want an upgrade from the X41 and I want it to be wireless "COMPLETELY" not even a cord connecting it to the controller. Any ideas?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 3, 2013 1:08:06 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 3, 2013 1:08:27 AM PDT
DaFowlHunter says:
@Patrick
Not sure weather that's 100% true yet. All othere wireless sets on TB website say they are wireless. This one doesn't mention it.

Posted on Sep 3, 2013 1:13:06 AM PDT
DaFowlHunter says:
E-maild Turtle Beach... No reply

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 4, 2013 3:41:13 PM PDT
Patrick says:
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories?xr=shellnav

If you go on that link and scroll down to the turtle beach headsets it says "The XO SEVEN connects directly to the wireless xbox one controller so you are free from wires to the console". It is on the official xbox website so it should be 100% true.

Posted on Sep 4, 2013 4:14:41 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 4, 2013 4:17:06 PM PDT
DaFowlHunter says:
Got a reply from Turtle Beach today

"Hi,
It connects directly only to the controller for game audio and chat. The Xbox One controller functions differently than the XBox 360 controller. There is no wireless aspect to the XO7.
Sincerely,
Alicia"

So yeah wireless in the same way the X41 is wireless. A cord from the headset to your controller, No biggie I guess I can deal with that. Just wish I'd be like bluetooth for everything though. No wire at all to the headset.

Posted on Sep 8, 2013 8:37:51 PM PDT
FsuSwatt says:
glad its only wired to the controller.. so basically wireless.. hope they also come out with an adapter that may allow for it to connect to ps4..be sweet :)

Posted on Sep 16, 2013 5:51:50 PM PDT
Chris I. says:
Great info here! I to did not want to spend $160+ dollars on a wired headset since I just sold my 200 dollar XP400's knowing they would not work with the XB1.

I guess just plugging into the controller is fine ... I did not want the long stupid cord across my office to the XB1 from my headset!

Thanks for the info here guys.

Also looks like the Turtlebeach pre-order page is now up with more details on their site ....http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/xbox-one-headsets/ear-force-xo-seven/389

Posted on Oct 1, 2013 11:48:36 AM PDT
J. McCrary says:
I've read on the Microsoft accessories page, as well on the Turtle Beach page and came up with the conclusion that the audio would be transmitted through the controller, and then go through the data-port to the headset. So does that mean that the wireless controller is going to have a worse battery life? If the current TB headsets are powered by USB, I would assume that this is going to pull power from the controller.

I haven't seen this answered, much less asked anywhere else: So does this mean that multiple players on the same screen will get to use headsets for in-game sound as well as chat? This was a big issue with the 360, and is actually one of the main reasons my wife and I have separate 360's.

I know a lot of people complain that their old headsets won't work, but look at the future of this, if this is how it will work! Multiple people on the same Xbox, getting separate game-audio to each headset? That sounds worth the money to me! Sell your old headset, and purchase a couple of new ones. I don't understand why so many people want bigger changes, and newer features, but then when it comes they complain that it doesn't work with older technology? That would be like going from AGP to PCIx video cards in a computer, and complaining that our older and outdated video card won't work in the new PCIx slot.

Posted on Oct 1, 2013 3:49:01 PM PDT
Hey, everybody! So I was just wondering, are the TB XO7's 7.1 Surround Sound? Nowhere in any of the product spec pages that I have read, say that they are. It just says that the audio is "Surround Sound", but not 7.1, or even 5.1. On TB's site it also says that the x12's are also surround sound, but they are just stereo headsets. Any info or a link that states that the XO7's are 5.1, or 7.1 would be appreciated.

Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2013 8:44:34 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 1, 2013 8:45:25 PM PDT
J. McCrary says:
I haven't read anywhere about what surround sound entails, but they are making it sound different from the XO Four to the XO Seven, even though they'll both be going through the controller? This had me wondering if the surround sound will come from the console and be passed over depending on the model you have plugged in, or if the surround decoder will be in between the controller and the headset.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2013 10:58:21 AM PDT
5.1 or 7.1 doesn't matter all that much. There's almost no content, game or otherwise, that is actually programmed in at 7.1. Because of this any 7.1 hardware is just "up-sampling" 5.1 to 7.1. If you do some research you'll find this to be correct. Don't sweat the 7.1, it won't make a real difference.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2013 2:14:50 PM PDT
DaFowlHunter says:
You're right and also remember its in headphones, I doubt it would be noticeable being that it's in such a small place. But I hope that the next get will move in that direction.

Posted on Oct 13, 2013 3:58:28 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 13, 2013 3:58:49 PM PDT
On the Turtle Beach website it says wireless to your console which means it only needs to be plugged into the controller.

Posted on Oct 27, 2013 12:08:49 PM PDT
geze2u says:
I would think that headsets that have an optical input would work with the Xbox one because the XBO has optical output. It's the chat that is the problem. It uses a different codec I guess. I have PX5's and you have to either use a small cable to the controller or the TB Bluetooth puck. So these won't be any different. :(

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2013 8:09:48 PM PDT
Rui says:
It's wireless to console, but you have to hook up with the controller by a Microsoft patented "Adapter". Yes, the new controller can deliver surround sound through the new interface in the bottom of the controller. Refer to here: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/11/turtle-beach-unveils-xbox-one-and-call-of-duty-ghosts-headsets

Posted on Jan 22, 2014 10:12:49 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 22, 2014 10:13:06 AM PST]

Posted on Jan 22, 2014 1:57:11 PM PST
Provided you're watching through your Xbox One, yes. From what I understand the headset gets it's audio feed directly from the Xbox One controller, not through an optical/toslink, or HDMI connection. That being said there may be an additional audio in the base, if it comes with one. Turtlebeach hasn't released very many specific details regarding connectivity yet, and neither have any other high end headset manufacturers that are making Xbox One headsets. I think part of the reasoning is because of the Kinect 2.0. One of the things it does is act as an IR blaster, flooding the room with IR light. This reals havoc of any other IR signals. For instance, I currently use a set of 5.1 Turtlebeach headphones. When I'm using them I have to cover up my Kinect or the audio that comes through sounds similar to a fax machine.

Posted on Jan 22, 2014 6:09:00 PM PST
Craig says:
Thanks William, sorry I deleted my original question and started a new thread, didn't expect anyone to see it, but for those wondering the question was: Anyone know if you can use these to watch TV or other media from the Xbox?

I hope it does work that way, it might be annoying to keep the controller active when watching a movie, but maybe there will be a workaround for that with the headphones connected.

Posted on Feb 6, 2014 1:09:19 PM PST
VakarianGirl says:
I just can't believe that they are making these next-gen headphones where you are gonna have to be tethered to your controller ALL THE TIME for it to even get game audio. WTH?! I don't use my mic with my Trittons, I only use it to receive game audio when everyone else in the house is asleep!!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 10, 2014 5:02:08 PM PST
amr says:
If you don't use it for chat, then don't get the new headsets. I have x41s and they work perfectly on the optical out for xbox one as is.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  26
Total posts:  47
Initial post:  Aug 19, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 9, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions