5.0 out of 5 stars Very usefull well writen
It takes you to the point nice and concisely , advices and teach you, it is a book to keep as reference.
Published 13 months ago by ever

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy the book
Published on May 23, 2008 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy the book, May 23, 2008
Amazon Customer (Fruit Heights, UT United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wiring Your Digital Home For Dummies (Paperback)
I agree with the other reviewer. This book covers too many topics that have nothing to do with a "digital home'. Sure a computer needs power but to have a lot of the book cover the layout of basic home wiring is too much. I wanted more detailed information on how to set up cat 5 or cat 6 connectors, or how to wire compression coax connectors, or how to choose cable, splitters etc, or specific information on how to control a light or outlet from the computer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointed, October 31, 2006
This review is from: Wiring Your Digital Home For Dummies (Paperback)
I have been rewiring my 30 year old home over the last five years replacing all the phone and cable TV wiring and adding a computer network all to a central hub. I have read other For Dummies books on these subjects and they were rather good. These days I look for more information and I thought this new book would provide me with something I had not read of before. I would not buy this book if you have ever done anything on this subject yourself. For some strange reason about half of the book involves wiring for lights and outlets, which I have also done a lot myself, but in my opinion has nothing to do with having a digital home. I am still waiting for one book that tells it all on this subject.

3.0 out of 5 stars Wiring your digital home, October 27, 2009
This review is from: Wiring Your Digital Home For Dummies (Paperback)
It has already paid for itself. Since buying my big screen HDTV, I found that I needed to get a new satellite receiver that would require a phone connection in a room where there was no phone jack. The Satellite company did not tell me that you can buy an electronic device to send the phone signal through the electric lines. I am sure I will find other helpful information as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very usefull well writen, February 2, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Textbook, January 21, 2015
Michael Price (Citrus Heights, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wiring Your Digital Home For Dummies (Paperback)
Textbook required for class. I do recommend this book.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this book!, April 26, 2013
This review is from: Wiring Your Digital Home For Dummies (Paperback)
Don't buy this book. The title is misleading. It is just a plain old ordinary house wiring book and nothing more. No references to digital wiring. I would never buy a "Dummie" book again.

4.0 out of 5 stars good quality, fast service hate these reviews with a passion, April 29, 2011
good quality, fast service hate these reviews with a passion
good quality, fast service hate these reviews with a passion

Wiring Your Digital Home For Dummies
Wiring Your Digital Home For Dummies by Dennis C. Brewer (Paperback - October 9, 2006)
Used & New from: $2.05