5.0 out of 5 stars Profound Wisdom On Colorful, Whimsical Cards
Published on November 20, 2003 by Janet Boyer

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for People Who Don't Find Time to Read
Published on August 17, 2003 by draagonfly

5.0 out of 5 stars Profound Wisdom On Colorful, Whimsical Cards, November 20, 2003
The Four Agreements Cards are a stunningly beautiful deck of 48 high-gloss cards of sturdy stock. Five artists illustrated this deck, so there is a lot of creative diversity to the lush images and scripts on each card. There are 12 cards dedicated to each of the four agreements. On each, the main agreement is printed at the top of the card, and a whimsical, flowing phrase is weaved throughout the image. On the back of each card are insights about that particular phrase and agreement. Some insights are only one sentence, and others are several sentences.

The cards come in a square box that features the same image that is on front of the book. What is great about the container is that it's a matte finished, flip top box constructed of sturdy cardboard. Thus, it's easy to take the deck in and out of the box when wanting to look at the cards, or just drawing one to meditate upon for awhile.

Some examples from the deck:

One card about Always do your best features a woman with an enormous beehive hair-style. She is adorned with gold jewelry, and different shades of blue and green swirl about her. There is a golden hue that seems to emanate from behind her hair, while 2 birds have made a nest therein. The phrase? Don't Overdo. The back of this card says Always do your best, but don't overdo! When you overdo, you deplete your body and go against yourself, and it will take you longer to accomplish your goal.

A card about Don't take anything personally features a man with his eyes closed, orange and yellow hues and clouds surrounding him. Several small objects seem to swirl around his head, including a hand, a planet that looks like Saturn, several tiny stars, an eye, an open book, a ribbon, etc. The phrase on the front says Everyone lives in their own dream. On the back, the card says all people live in their own dream, in their own mind. They are in a completely different world from the one we live in.

Another card, dealing with Don't make assumptions, features a woman with a lampshade on her head that has flowers dangling from it. Peach and pink tones surround her as she waears a black dress with pink flowers. On the back of this card, it says The biggest assumption that humans make is that everyone sees life the way we do. We assume that others think the way we think, feel the way we feel, judge the way we judge, and abuse the way we abuse. We are afraid to be ourselves around others because we think others will judge us, victimize us, abuse us, and blame us as we do ourselves.

An dark-skinned man wearing a hat strums a guitar while four birds surround him. The phrase Create a beautiful dream graces the front, and speaks of Be impeccable with your word. The back of the card says Your word can create the most beautiful dream, or your word can destroy everything around you. Impeccability of the word only creates beauty, love, and heaven on earth.

What stands out about this deck is the rich colors. Both sides contain colorful images that differ from the front of the card--and the rest of the cards. Vibrant and alive are two words that come to mind when I see and feel this deck. It is not necessary to have read The Four Agreements book to enjoy this deck, but the cards are a beautiful and gentle reminder of the truths laid out in the book. The Four Agreements Cards would make a wonderful addition to mindfulness and meditation practice, as well as a cheerful and profound reminder that we can choose heaven over hell at any time.

(To see 6 card images from this deck, visit the Reviews--Decks section at [...])

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy tool for daily encouragment, November 2, 2001
By A Customer
Whether or not you've read the Four Agreements, you'll find these cards a wonderful tool to help you find personal freedom and happiness. The benefit is much greater if you've read the book as well but I wouldn't say that you can't have one without the other. Everyday, I take one card from the box, put it on my desk at work and use it as a reminder to think about the message of the particular "agreement." The teachings of the book and the reminders on the cards have made me feel like sandbags have been lifted off my back!

5.0 out of 5 stars these cards are beautiful!, July 1, 2002
Annie Zalezsak (British Columbia, Canada) - See all my reviews
I love the artwork on them. They are highly usable. Even if you didn't read the book, they are an excellent pack, just to have around. Each card can be used as a stand-alone card that you can display. They are just a beautiful deck of inspiring messages and I highly recommend them to anyone who likes cards.

4.0 out of 5 stars Practical Spirituality, May 28, 2004
Miguel Ruiz has an alluring introduction that mixes myths, with ancient mexican wisdom. After the enchantment of the introduction the core of the book becomes totally practical, step by step his words made me make my own commitment. To remember the main facts After I read it I wrote on my mirror:
1. Be irreproachable with my words, no more bad thoughts and gossips towards others I thought " My life is so interesting (and if its not I'll make it interesting) that I don't want to waste my time in others businesses"
2. Do not take anything personal. When Miguel Ruiz wrote "Nobody does things because of others, we do things because of our selves..." I got an epiphany!! I understood that my soured past was not created by others on purpose is just that we are trying to survive in this world that is human to be selfish and only look for us.
3. Do not make any assumptions: Ask! This sounds very simple, but for me had an extraordinary meaning. I usually spend a lot of time dreaming with my eyes wide open.. what I imagine are only illusions suppositions of situations that did not happened or would never happen. These images come to my mind trying to be solved towards a happy ending based on suppositions of others attitudes, thoughts or behaviors. I am living in dreams this is not reality. What I fool I've been!
4. Do your best: This chapter challenge us, but at the same time protects our soul for being damaged in this demanding world, it creates the healthy environment facing our possibilities with our capabilities.
Finally the book gives us again a hint of spirituality, and mention the importance of living the moment, of finding the meaning of life which can either be interpreted as inner peace or eternal happiness.
Of easy reading this substantial book will maintain your attention till the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful truth, May 29, 2004
Jay Crutcher (Louisville, Ky.) - See all my reviews
I thoroughly love this book. Briefly, The Four Agreements are: 1. Be impecable with your word. 2. Don't take anything personally. 3. Don't make assumptions. 4. Always do your best. This is such a moving book because it is the real truth. You will 'feel' that as you read. Don Miguel Ruiz explains that we (humans) have become mired in others 'black magic',others 'mitote.' That we have been domesticated by others from birth. We have choosen to believe what we have been programed to believe .... that we are imperfect, we are bad, that we are seperate, etc. He explains that we can create a Heaven on Earth by reclaiming ourselves, our happiness, that is our birth right, by not believing all the lies we've been given. I don't want to give too much of this book away because it is so wonderful. The words of an incredibly wise Shaman. With each reading, the meaning becomes greater. If everyone read this book, the world would be tremendously better off.

4.0 out of 5 stars Everything I needed to know I learned from the Toltecs, May 11, 2004
By A Customer
As a Spanish teacher I am always interested in cultural beliefs and practices of the ancients. I think much can be learned by going back to simple things such as these four things.
Ruiz has a nice style, but the only drawback I found was the first couple chapters took away somewhat from the impact of the rest of the book. The stars are lights, lights are stars, etc was kind of out there. I found myself putting up with that part to get to the wisdom I found later in the book.
I found these four agreements useful and I loved the book overall. I just think some people won't get to the good stuff because the first part is so abstract.
It's only my opinion. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Transformed my life, April 28, 2004
By A Customer
I carry these cards with me in my car and every morning on my commute to work, I draw one card and meditate on that agreement and its message. More often than not, the card I draw addresses an issue with which I am dealing. These cards have strengthened my soul. I love them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the Book, Love the Cards That Go With the Book...., December 16, 2006
Loved reading the "Four Agreements" Book. These companion cards are a great addition to the book as they are bite sized reminders of the four agreements discussed in the book & they help you stay focused on keeping the four agreements in mind.

There are 48 cards in this deck--- with 12 cards focusing on each of the four agreements. The art work on each card is phenomenally beautiful and the cards are wonderful just to look at for their beauty. I find that if there is an agreement that I am having a difficult time practicing, then I can easily refer to the 12 cards that deal with agreement to help bring that agreement back into focus.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just like the book, 5 stars for the cards, April 5, 2002
By A Customer
These are great. I keep them with me and when I'm feeling down or if I'm angry, or sad, and just pull them out and flip through. Instant mood lifter! A must for everyone.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for People Who Don't Find Time to Read, August 17, 2003
These cards basically outline the major points made in the Four Agreements book. Since I had already read the book and remembered most of the points when I bought the cards, they were a little disappointing. However, if I had not read the book at all or if it was many months later when much of the information was no longer retained in my memory, I can see where these cards would make it easy to recall things on a daily basis. They make a great gift for someone who has never read the book. Actually reading The Four Agreements was much more satisfying though.

Wisdom from the Four Agreements (Mini Book) (Charming Petites)
Wisdom from the Four Agreements (Mini Book) (Charming Petites) by Miguel Ruiz (Hardcover - January 1, 2003)
$5.95