5.0 out of 5 stars Confirmation on my Border Collie rescue
Published 19 months ago by Rob

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun, Interesting, but .....
DNA studies on canines is in its infancy. Even for humans, using DNA to identify the heritage of those sampled is in its early stages. It's interesting to see what the results were, but I wouldn't put a lot of stock in its precise accuracy.
Published 1 month ago by charles edwards

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Confirmation on my Border Collie rescue, September 26, 2012
This review is from: Purebred DNA Test Kit (Misc.)
I adopted a year old Border Collie a few years ago from Border Collie Rescue of Norther California. He seemed like an odd looking Border Collie to me, but they felt certain about him. After living with him for a couple of years, he seems obviously Border Collie in both looks and behavior, with the exception that he is a couple inches taller than normal breed range and weighs more. He has the relatively more rare white with black coat, but the markings (half black face, large black patch on back) are completely consistent with that type.

The test came back indicating that he is a Border Collie. However, he fell on the very edge of the range on many of the specific analysis they do, which is entirely consistent with the fact that he is a very unusual looking BC. While the vast majority of the report spoke in support of the fully BC heritage, they did allow that the fact that he was on the edge in some tests could me either that he is from a more unusual line (which would be less represented in their database) or that something else was mixed in at some point.

I purchased this test solely with a sense of curiosity, knowing full well that it had it's limitations, and I approach it primarily for it's entertainment value. I was not at all dissatisfied in any respect - it was amusing, informative and while it didn't answer the question definitively, I was proud that it confirmed my intuitive sense of my dogs ancestry. Fun stuff.
og,

5.0 out of 5 stars It worked, December 30, 2012
This review is from: Purebred DNA Test Kit (Misc.)
If you are questioning your dogs breed I would recommend doing this test. It really worked when I did it on my dog and I got my money back from the breeder.

4.0 out of 5 stars Glad I did it., November 29, 2012
Laura Lawrence (BOCA RATON, FL, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Purebred DNA Test Kit (Misc.)
Easy to use and quick turnaround response with detailed information....good buy. It cleared up the mystery of what kind of dog I had!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mystery Rott, October 22, 2012
This review is from: Purebred DNA Test Kit (Misc.)
I was very happy with the speed & communication. They e-mailed me when they rec'd the DNA sample & less than 3 weeks later I had the results of my rescue Rottweiler.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding product, December 14, 2012
Sally J. Sapp (Maryville, Illinois USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Purebred DNA Test Kit (Misc.)
This kit was simple to use and the results came much faster than anticipated. Proved our Maggie was indeed purebred Great Pyrenees and the information sent to us about the results, etc. was great. Very good company to deal with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, September 15, 2013
This review is from: Purebred DNA Test Kit (Misc.)
Got a dog that I thought was Australian Shepherd from his appearance. So I decided to get him checked on what breed(s) he is. Got the test done and found out he is 50% German Shepherd mixed with English Springer Spaniel, Akita, and a mixed breed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Got the results I hoped for, August 2, 2013
This review is from: Purebred DNA Test Kit (Misc.)
This little guy came through with flying colors and the test showed he is full blooded on both sides for 3 generations. I suspected this but wanted to make sure. Now if I could only get his original owner to answer my calls on sending me his registration papers. Thank you for doing a great job on showing his true heritage.

5.0 out of 5 stars so glad to know now, March 3, 2013
This review is from: Purebred DNA Test Kit (Misc.)
I finally found out what my prue-breed dog is. The only problem I had was downloading the folder they sent my email. This is probably because of my computer but they were very pleasant and mailed me a written copy. Very professional and helpful with 800 number they answered promptly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the Wisdom Panel, October 7, 2012
This review is from: Purebred DNA Test Kit (Misc.)
The Purebread DNA kit was so easy to use. I love the prepaid shipping package that comes with it. You just swab the dog's mouth, mail it in and soon enough you get the results! A must-have for all dog owners!

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun, Interesting, but ....., March 7, 2014