5.0 out of 5 stars A Wedding Gift
Published on August 1, 2012 by ReadChanges

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT worth the price!!!
Look, it was sweet and all, but it only took about 5 minutes to read and should have been free or simply included in a full length novel. Ridiculous to charge die hard fans (because, honestly, that's the only audience for something like this) a dollar. I feel taken advantage of.
Published 21 months ago by Kim

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wedding Gift, August 1, 2012
This review is from: A Witch Central Wedding (A Modern Witch Morsel) (Kindle Edition)
We begged and pleaded and Debora Geary delivered a truly enjoyable gift. This book is meant specifically for people already familiar with Witch Central. It is always the beautiful sense of family and community that draws me into Geary's work. Her characters feel so real, that you almost expect to bump into them, or to discover that, perhaps, you might actually be a witch, too. I thoroughly enjoyed this tasty tidbit about the characters many of us truly love.

Anyone who is not familiar with Geary's previous works need to start with A Modern Witch and get reading!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, August 1, 2012
Thank you! The story just would not have been complete without the wedding. Lauren is the most popular character in my family by far and not having her wedding was sad. We started this journey with Lauren and did not want to miss out on anything about her. You have the best developed and most loved cast of characters I have ever seen. Must be hard to decide who gets the most attention in each book. Sure glad I don't have choose. THANK YOU very much for hearing and responding to the tears of your loyal fans as you always do with each new and better book!

If you have not read all of Debora Geary's books you need to start at the beginning and read them. It will be the most enjoyable reading of your life. These are books no one should miss out on.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read, August 1, 2012
This short story chronicles the wedding between Lauren and Devin from A Modern Witch series. Do not read unless you have already read the first three books in her series--it won't make much sense. This falls between A Reckless Witch and A Nomadic Witch.

Debora Geary met every expectations her fans set for her in this short, plus some. Joy and love just reaches out and grabs the reader--you can't help but be overwhelmed by the feelings as you read. Lauren and Devin were meant for each other and this wedding not only solidifies this, but also leads to some great future writings....we hope!

I've been in love with Witch Central from the first moment I discovered it and it never fails to bring a smile to my face no matter how many times I reread the books. The characters come alive in these stories and although they aren't perfect, they are real and solid and makes me wish there was a real Witch Central and that I was a part of it.

This is a great read to give your heart a lift and like all her other books, shows what can be accomplished when supported and surrounded by love.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you, Debora!!!, August 2, 2012
Thank you for doing as we asked! Lauren & Devin's wedding.

Read the books in order, though:
Modern Witch books 1 & 2, WitchLight books 1-3, Modern Witch #3 and then this one. Then you can get the rest of your WitchCentral fix by finishing Modern Witch with #4 and read the mini book: To Love a Witch.

Debora is AMAZING!!! I love her series! She really understands people and the magic and love are wonderful to "watch" (read).

Thank you!!!!

Order for reading these books:
Modern Witch (Modern Witch #1)
Hidden Witch (Modern Witch #2)
Witches on Parole (WitchLight #1)
Witches Under Way (WitchLight #2)
Witches in Flight (WitchLight #3)
Reckless Witch (Modern Witch #3)
A Witch Central Wedding (short story)
Nomadic Witch ((Modern Witch #4)
A Different Witch (Modern Witch # 5 - I haven't read yet)

If you still need a Witch Fix from this "world":
To Love a Witch (A Novel Nibbles title)
To Have and to Code - Nell and Daniel's love story - I haven't read yet

4.0 out of 5 stars primarily for followers of the modern witch series, August 15, 2012
Usually I like magic stories with more action and struggle. In this case it was simpler story of a marriage. If you have NOT been following the series you would find it hard to keep track of the characters. There is a wedding; but the story will resonate much more with someone who has been reading the series. Do you enjoy going to a wedding where you don't know the bride and groom or anyone there? I find it uncomfortable.

However, in this case I felt like i was visiting old friends from the series and was enveloped with a family reunion. Ordinarily I like to recommend short stories as means to get to sample the author and the story. But in this case if you are not a Modern Witch series fan you will probably find the story boring and get the wrong impression of the series. The series sucks you into the life of family of witches; but more it sucks you into the life of a family who happen to be witches. If you feel like you already know the family then you must want to attend the family wedding and I would recommend this short story as sweet, but it is not critical for following the overall series storyline.

If you have not read any of the series start at the beginning book. It is very reasonably priced and reading this series in order adds to the enjoyment.

I am stingy with my stars. I gave this story 4 stars in part because the author very reasonably priced the kindle edition, not being greedy like some other authors. Please join me in boycotting some authors until they get more realistic in their Kindle pricing. Only for very good works should they approach $8 and anything over $9 I consider unreasonable. Inflation may move this mark in the future but I don't think we should let greedy publishers and authors move the standard.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT worth the price!!!, April 18, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars I do not cry over a story., August 1, 2012
Gods in little pink feathers! 29 June 2000 was the day I got married and the only darn thing I can remember is singing the song "I could not ask for more" as I looked into her eyes lost to every thing else. Before I finished this story I relived my wedding and for the first time saw details like what a beautiful dress she was wearing! Get ready to be transported to a world that is for sure not Kansas only the witches will attach to your heart in ways you will not believe.

I have always maintained Debra Geary is master story teller. Now I have to put her in a class all her own. This woman will grab your heart and mind and will you nill you turn off disbelief and make you live the story. It has been 12 going on 13 years since my wedding and I relived it today just as vividly as when it first happened because of her skill. New readers you have been warned! Debra thank you for the memories I thought lost!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the best in the series, October 18, 2013
Suzanne (Charlotte, NC USA) - See all my reviews
On the plus side, it was a short read and it tie up some loose ends but I think it really could have just been incorporated into some of the other books.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too Short, July 2, 2013
I was expecting a story, I just got a "telling" of the wedding. No plot, no story line. If I had seen the "morsel" indicator I would not have bought this "book". I'm just very disappointed in the length.

2.0 out of 5 stars only takes 10 minutes to read, March 26, 2013
It is an OK addition to the Witch central books, but it is only a few pages long and takes 10 minutes to read. You don't need it to continue with the story. Save your money.