Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Witch Way (Part One) (The Mystic Series Book 1)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on October 10, 2011
I absolutely loved this book. It had me hooked from the very first line. Once I started reading it I couldn't put it down so I didn't get a lot done on Saturday. The characters were very interesting and creative. I can't wait until the next one comes out.
on May 24, 2012
Roxy Devereaux is running for her life. Her uncle, guardian, best friend, Barry has been shot. He's been doing something illegal and it got him murdered at his Halloween party before lots of witnesses. She should have called him on it. Now it's too late, and Roxy escapes to the north. She comes to the town of Mystic. Everything changes, even her appearance. Turns out she's a witch. Really? Orphaned as a teen, her mother failed to tell her, so when her grandmother passes on the gift, she's got to accept the impossible, because now it's not just her life at stake, but the town and its people.

I had fun reading this book. Roxy is flakey, but endearing. I want to root for her to have a happy ending. She deserves it.
on October 28, 2012
This is a fun, short read that brings you into an enchanted little magical town. I love how Roxy discovers she's an ancestor to this community, without giving any spoilers. It's the perfect size for on the go and in between appointment reads, even though I read it straight through! I'm looking forward to the second one in the series to see exactly what Roxy does with her new powers and with Dominic.
on December 2, 2015
I first read the first book in 2012 when I got it free. I loved the way it gave a different slant on the story. I kept waiting and hoping for the next ones to become cheaper (or free) as it is hard to afford buying all the books I read ( 50 + per month) I am now on the kindle unlimited plan and read so much more non-stop, that I hardly have the time to slow down enough to write a review. When a book(s) like this come along, I just have to stop and praise it, so that someone else might just listen and give it a try ! There are a few errors in the text, but the book is so worth reading. You will enjoy it I am sure. I am going to copy and paste this text on all 3 as I was very happy with them all, and am looking forward to book 4 !!
on September 22, 2012
In reading around the forums, I'd heard nothing but good things about Heidi Hall's works so I decided it was time to take the plunge and check her out for myself. Boy am I ever glad I did!

Roxy is a breath of fresh air as a character. She is likeable, down to earth, funny, a bit insecure and prone to blurting out things she'd much rather have stayed in her head as many, many of us have done a time or several dozen so most folks can easily relate to her.

Dominic may just be the nameless, faceless man that many of us ladies have daydreamed at one point or another of having in our lives, but Heidi was smart enough to let him have flaws and not make him too perfect because then it might have been easy to dislike him.

Liza is the gal that I and I think many others would enjoy having as a best friend. Witty, quirky, strong and loyal are all words that come to mind when I think back about her.

Remington, now he could possibly win a ton of votes for being the favorite cat of the majority of voters in a poll. I want him!

The story itself was fast paced, warm, sweet and exciting as well as we watched these characters journey through some major trials and tribulations and make some discoveries about both themselves and finding their way in the town of Mystic. I'm very much looking forward to reading more books in this series and plan to visit Mystic frequently.

Only 1 minor complaint. I'm not sure why, but my copy came in with teeny, tiny print and while it wasn't too much of a problem to adjust the font size, this was the first book I've ever had to click up 3 sizes.
on December 22, 2011
I read the reviews on this book and decided to purchase it, I'm so glad that I did, I just love the book, it was funny, entertaining and an easy read. Just purchased the 2nd book and read it in a couple of hours, I can't wait for Heidi Hall to come out with her next one!
on May 12, 2013
Oh my! Things are just not good for Rory Devereaux. (Devereaux...a perfect last name for someone with special...). Ooops! Sorry got lost there for just a second. Anyway, Rory is running again because more bad has found her. Running again, because "Uncle" Barry said she needed to leave so off she goes, with just the clothes on her back and her car, hightailing it out of town and as far away as she could get from all the nastiness that she just left behind.

Little did she know that she was about to find out who she really is...

Part mystery, part paranormal, and part romance, this is a short, entertaining read with a story that keeps you engaged until the end. As book one of a three part novella, Witch Way by Heidi Hall ends perfectly and picks up again in the next part. The author does a great job in making sure that you pick up the next book in order to find out what Rory needs to do.

But first she needs to figure out where she's going and why she's going there. Hang on tight, it's going to be an interesting ride.
on December 28, 2012
I started this series because I was in between other books, and it was inexpensive, so I thought I'd check it out. It's cute. It's a different spin on the usual "witchy" series. I like it, and I'll probably keep reading the series.
on January 24, 2016
Witch Way was a refreshingly original and captivating witch romance and a good beginning to a promising new Series. (It's new to me) The main character, Roxy, is likable but I just wish that she wasn't so negative. Yea, yea, I know that she's been through some things but most of those were a result of her own bad choices so she needs to suck it up and be more optimistic. Anyway, as I said the plot is original and the writing and character development are good. I really liked Dominic and though that he and Roxy had great chemistry. I look forward to seeing their romance develop. In addition to witchcraft and romance the story contains humor, a bit of suspense, action and a touch of mystery. Overall, the story has a really good vibe that's difficult to articulate, and I look forward to seeing how the Series progresses and develops. I plan on reading the next book as soon as I post this review.
on January 27, 2013
I love the premise; the story was pretty well written. But, honestly, it was a disappointment when the story just stopped. It was finally getting to a place where I was really intrigued, and the darn thing just STOPPED.