4.0 out of 5 stars Olive Films Gives Sequel Special Treatment

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth it for Ami alone
Published on July 1, 2003

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Olive Films Gives Sequel Special Treatment, August 29, 2013
A beautiful young woman unlocks a passageway to pure evil in the spine-tingling supernatural sequel to the popular hit, Witchboard. When Paige Benedict (Ami Dolenz, Ticks, She's Out of Control) moves into her new artist's loft, the only thing on her mind is her art and her slightly loopy landlady Elaine (Laraine Newman, Saturday Night Live). But when she finds an old Ouija board buried in her closet, she discovers that this new apartment isn't hers at all. Through the board, Paige in contacted by the spirit of a former tenant who claims she was murdered there. Against the advice of her ex-boyfriend Mitch (Timothy Gibbs, The Kindred), Paige is drawn deeper into the mystery as she finds her dreams overtaken with vivid, erotic and brutal visions of unspeakable horror. And when other tenants in the building begin falling prey to violent, mysterious deaths, Paige realizes that only she can seal the door to the terrifying nightmare she has unwittingly unleashed and the price may be her soul. Stylishly directed by horror veteran Kevin S. Tenney (Night of the Demons).

Witchboard 2 is the first release of the film on DVD or Blu-ray! The Blu-ray sports great picture and audio quality. Starring the beautiful Ami Dolenz (Ferris Bueller's Day Off TV Series) who moves into a new building. She starts messing around with the ouija board from the first film and her life spins out of control. Witchboard 2 is remastered in HD and loaded with extras after a long wait. It isn't quite as memorable as the original but it does have its moments. Features cameos from the leads of the original cast too. Malfeitor was one of my favorite villains of all-time. He played it well but I wish we saw more of him (he only acted in 2 films and this sequel wasn't one of them). My only complaint is that the bonus supplements are fairly light.

Video Codec: MPEG-4 AVC/1080p | Aspect ratio: 1.78:1
Audio: English DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0
Subtitles: None

Special Features:
*Feature Commentary with Writer/Director Kevin S. Tenney and Actors Julie Michaels and John Gatins.
*Deleted Scene 1 (480i; 1:03)
*Deleted Scene 2 (480i; 2:31)
*Behind the Scenes Featurette (480i; 7:54) Includes interviews with AMI DOLENZ, LARAINE NEWMAN, TIMOTHY GIBBS, JULIE MICHAELS, KEVIN S. TENNEY and others.
*Home Video Trailer 1 (480i; 1:24)
*Home Video Trailer 2 (480i; 1:38)
*60 Second TV Spot (480i; 1:03)
*30 Second TV Spot (480i; 00:33)
*15 Second TV Spot (480i; 00:18)

The original Witchboard will be released in 2014. Witchboard III: The Possession (1995) does not have a Blu-ray release date.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost As Good As The First, September 27, 2003
By A Customer
The first one was a classic but this one is pretty good too. It's along the same lines as the first one about a woman being terrorized by a vengeful spirit who was contacted through a Ouija Board. It haunts the apartment and makes things go bump in the night. It becomes more and more vicious as it kills people by causing bizarre accidents. Then it begins to take over the woman's body by possessing it. Pretty scary stuff!

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes!!!, October 27, 2005
I love this movie!!! Although it meant to be frightening, it turns out to be funny. Paige's naiveté leads her to an Ouija board. It belongs to the previous owner of her apartment, who happens to be a dead tranny exotic dancer. The dead woman manipulates Paige, and eventually possesses her.
The guys are pretty, and I love how a painter is allowed to buy a new apartment! I love it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth it for Ami alone, July 1, 2003
By A Customer
I picked up this movie mainly because I am a fan of Ami Dolenz.As a lover of occult movies, I think it stands up on its own. I found the movie to be tense and suspensful.Ami's performance as the skeptical girl turned turned believer in danger is great.I've watched the movie a few times since I got it and I think it would be a great movie to watch late at night or on a dark stormy afternoon.Another reviewer complained that it was unrealistic, but I have heard far stranger real life scary experiences than this, so even though its fiction, I don't find it out there at all.
If you like occult or suspensful movies, pick this one up.

5.0 out of 5 stars great blu-ray, November 2, 2013
nolaboy2003 (New Orleans, LA) - See all my reviews
The transfer of this movie to Blu-ray was done quite nicely. I had a very good VHS copy that was dubbed to a DVD+RW disc since 2008. That copy, which surprisingly came out very beautifully onto disc, was all that was available till now. This Blu-ray blows what I had before out of the water. This is not a bare bones release either. There are lots of nice extras on here. This is my favorite of all of the witchboard films, and I am so glad they chose to release this one first on Blu-ray. I have the 1st one and 3rd one also, but I would rather have the 3rd one released on Blu-ray next instead of the 1st one. At least the 1st one is widescreen. I can deal with the DVD version. It was done well. The 3rd one by Artisan is a bare bones full screen release of the film. Really lazy effort from Artisan which released a lot of bombs on DVD such as Prom Night 3 & 4 Double pack and Fright Night 2 (1988). If you like this movie, grab it quick before it goes out of print. Before this Blu-ray & DVD release of this movie, this film could only be obtainable on VHS, and tracking a perfect VHS copy is difficult to find. I definitely recommend skipping that and shelling a few bucks more out and get the Blu-ray version. It's definitely worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars John Gatins Rocks this film!!, July 30, 1999
By A Customer
John Gatins plays the role of young Russell with a dignity and grace that would be difficult for other actors to muster. Witchboard is everything a horror flick should be; fast, intense, and above a work of art. See this film for John Gatins's spellbound performance. Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS MOVIE IS VHS ONLY, September 20, 2008
It is a great movie but it is kind of cursed for me.

Second Buyer returns it back and swears that it should be DVD and tells me that I have to give him/her full refund since it is not his fault and the movie was listed as DVD.

It is VHS listing, it is VHS tape, it requires VHS player - if you don't know - it a previous century device that plays a magnetic tape in a black box if you still know what it is. Please pay attention when buying that this is a VHS tape and i don't think it exists on DVD yet. Do not expect HDTV quality from this tape, remember that you couldn't skip scenes and you have to rewind the tape after watching.

Enjoy!

4.0 out of 5 stars it is pronounced ouija : oui = german and ja = french for yes, not weejee! < which is slander!, October 10, 2014
This review is from: Witchboard 2: Devil's Doorway (DVD)
this is an o.k. sequel to a almost forgotten b-horror film starring tawny "julia" kataen, but amy dolenz does a great job in her roll. this film for me takes about 30 minutes to get into it. what i figured out about this film which had always bothered me, was the post
hippie element played by lorraine newman from early s'n'l. it IS julian mcmichael's character & former playboy magazine model whom plays the devil in the last five minutes which helped make this film barely palatable. when it was over, i wiped my brow in relief.

again this is only a good film if you like dolenz over applegate female actors.

4.0 out of 5 stars Witch 2, June 5, 2014
This review is from: Witchboard 2: Devil's Doorway (DVD)
Hi everyone I am reviewing this movie at a 4 star level cause it was actually a pretty good action thriller/ horror and also it had a spectacular car crash in it, I have to say the stunt was badass, overall it was a cool movie but I don't believe in the stupid witchboard.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed it., June 4, 2014
This review is from: Witchboard 2: Devil's Doorway (DVD)
I really like witchboard 1 so I picked up the sequel and while it is not directly releated to part 1 it has a very interesting story that twists and turns until the very end. Great camera work and great job over all.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Witchboard 2: Devil's Doorway
Witchboard 2: Devil's Doorway by Kevin Tenney (DVD - 2013)
$24.95 $11.57