Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

Format: Amazon Video|Change
Price:$19.99

on July 17, 2014
Witches Of East End happens to be one of my favorite new shows around. Season 1 was great. I originally wanted to watch the show because of Virginia Madsen. I've been a big fan of hers for a while, shes been a big horror icon in my eyes. Her addition to the show put it together as a whole. I hope she will soon return again in some shape or form. I also wanted to watch for the amazing Mädchen Amick. I've loved her since Twin Peaks! Amick's character Wendy brings a comical side to the show. Shes sort of witty, yet sarcastic. Its a great mix and Amick does a great job portraying the character Wendy. 10 Episodes was way to short for season 1. I'm glad season 2 was extended with 13 episodes.
On a side note, Season 2 is starting off amazing. I hope the show continues to run for a long time. Comparing the show to Charmed is a mistake many people seem to be making. I'm a Charmed fan myself but with this show you will not hear, constantly, these witches complaining about wanting a normal life. Freya and Ingrid actually have been living a normal life about until now. The show is a must for me! Recently The Client List, starring Jennifer Love Hewitt, was cancelled on lifetime. THIS show is why I no longer care about The Client List. It's a replacement for me!
I hope to see a lot more guest stars and I actually hope some cast regulars. A lot of Buffy stars have been on the show, and even more are heading into the second season. I hope Sarah Michelle Gellar will make an appearance on the show, I feel like it would be awesome seeing former vampire slayer Buffy playing a witch of some sort? I also hope to see some Charmed cast members, would it be to much to ask if the Halliwell sisters joined the Beauchamp's in some serious daemon killing.

Anyway, I'll conclude my rant. Check it out if you want! You won't regret it!
on June 4, 2014
I saw a lot of reviews relating it to the old show Charmed, but I don't see the connection other than the fact that they are witches. Anyway the scenery is great and very fitting. The dialogue is quick and funny, but at times a bit cheesy. The special effects could use some work but I let that slide since it is their first season. There is a ton of mystery and that really draws the viewer in. I'm glad to see there will be a season two.
on May 15, 2014
I am a pretty big fan of fantasy of any sort, and when you intertwine that with drama it's even better. I have always really loved witch shows and movies (Practical Magic anyone?) so when a friend of mine recommended this show to me I was intrigued. I watched the first episode soon after, and I was hooked immediately. The story, at least to me, is so very unique! The way both Joanna and Wendy are cursed is sad, especially with Joanna... and Ingrid and Freya are both just lovely. I absolutely adore how they tie into their Norwegian background with the daughters' names and the whole first season kept me on edge. I found every storyline intriguing and/or interesting... from that creepy shapeshifter to the sisters finding out they have magic to Freya's having to choose between Killian and Dash... it was all interesting and all tied in together nicely. That being said, I can't wait for Season 2!! Out of all the shows I watch regularly or have recently started watching, this is my favorite!
on October 21, 2013
Good story a little slow at times but a good show. It reminds me a little of "Charmed" only darker. I like it, when I miss it I watch it later on Amazon video. Hope they keep this show around, seems like most of the good shows disappear too quick.
on November 22, 2013
It is developing a very intriguing show. I like where it is going and am really getting into it. It has some wonderful plot - storyline. The only thing is that is sometimes seems corny in the makeup choices like with the zombie witches. The acting can be improved upon at times too. Aside from that I do really enjoy this series so far.
on October 11, 2013
It's been a while since I saw a TV Show featuring witches as main characters ( only one main witch in Vampire Diaries and one in The Originals). If you can't get enough of these supernatural characters this looks like a safe bet for the fall. Plus there are different types, and it looks like these characters have a lot of potential for a great show. We will have to wait and see!
on October 11, 2013
If you like fantasy and witches in particular, you will love tale as I do. I didn't have high expectations for this series given the usual fare on this channel. I was amazed. It has well-fleshed out characters and a good story. if it continues with this pace, I expect to continue to keep it in the top five of my series manager.
on March 21, 2014
Like many others this show first reminded me of Charmed. It's hard not to make the comparison if you've watched Charmed before.

Overall I enjoyed this first season of the show. I feel like the characters, mythos, and stories could perhaps be a little stronger, but I realize that it's still building up and the first season was kind of short. I think this show has a lot of potential if the writers continue and do a good job of building the characters and have good stories. While I don't think we should always compare this show to Charmed, I hope it develops and becomes a solid and fun supernatural show similarly to what we had in Charmed. This next season will likely decide the future of this show and if it'll turn into something great or if it'll struggle to keep ratings up.
on November 3, 2013
An entertaining show full of zombies, witches warlocks with down to earth and other worldly situations. If you liked "Charmed" or "American Horror Story: Coven" you will like this show.
on March 29, 2016
I read the book; enjoyed it. Watched season one a few years later (forgot the story). I am not a fan of soap operas; but I would describe this series as a an awesome mini soap opera - well done - good actresses/actors and good story line.