5.0 out of 5 stars Even for me a GREAT read...
I'm a man, a true one. I read Science Fiction, and Fantasy. I like testosterone-filled stories where barbarians cut heads and spill gore everywhere. I like computers and programming. I only marginally enjoy romantic comedie films, and then, only because I like how the girl's look. I don't like Ice-Cream, and this book is Filled with it.

So now, I'll say it only...
Published on September 18, 2011 by TheSFReader

2.0 out of 5 stars Not magical
Published on August 24, 2012 by MKo

5.0 out of 5 stars Even for me a GREAT read..., September 18, 2011
This review is from: Witches on Parole (WitchLight Trilogy: Book 1) (Kindle Edition)

So now, I'll say it only once. If my wife hears it, I'll know it's comming from you and will make you pay.
But I started the book yesterday, and finished it this morning. And don't you ever tell my wife I was crying during the karaoke scene, or else ...

So what made me cry ? It's not good-sentiments, these make me gag, it's not fear, it's not the people (although they are marvelous), it's LOVE !
Yes, while the subject could be treated in a cheesy way, Debora Geary manages the delicate equilibrism that keeps it from going overboard.
Humor and surprises keep the reader alert, instead of leaving him/her dose in too many do-goodness.
So I'm now awaiting for the next part of this new Series... and hope my wife won't see me crying when I read it next.

5.0 out of 5 stars New series, same characters & more fun ones...., January 2, 2013
At first I worried it wasn't going to have my beloved "Modern Witch" series characters. Silly me! Can't get enough Debora Geary's books. Continuation of Modern Witch series...

Order for reading these books:
Modern Witch (Modern Witch #1)
Hidden Witch (Modern Witch #2)
Witches on Parole (WitchLight #1)
Witches Under Way (WitchLight #2)
Witches in Flight (WitchLight #3)
Reckless Witch (Modern Witch #3)
A Witch Central Wedding (short story)
Nomadic Witch ((Modern Witch #4)
A Different Witch (Modern Witch # 5 - I haven't read yet)
If you still need a Witch Fix from this "world":
To Love a Witch (A Novel Nibbles title)
To Have and to Code - Nell and Daniel's love story - I haven't read yet

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring again!, September 20, 2011
This was a nice surprise to see. I was happy to get to read a spin off from the Modern Witch series. Most of your favorite characters are in this book...mostly from CA. I love Lauren and Nat and I was so happy to read more about them. Debora gave us another inspiring book. This story to me was about chasing your dreams and overcoming your insecurity and faults. Jennie, Lauren and Nat are on a mission to help two witches on parole. Watch how Lizard and Elsie unlock and develop into wonderful witches and learn how to enjoy life like the family we have grown to love in Modern Witches.

5.0 out of 5 stars continuing the success, September 15, 2011
debra lynn lipe "debbielynn23" (Starkville, MS United States) - See all my reviews
This is another great book from a great author. I just can't wait to read the next book, ......and the next book. LOL. Each one gets you further and further into the Modern Witch world. You WANT to know what happens next. Makes you wish YOU were in the " family". Get this book, you won't regret it. You'll find yourself having to go back to read others books by Debora . GREAT JOB Debora.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best one so far, September 29, 2011
This is definitely my favourite Geary "Witches" book.

I was sucked in from the beginning by the set up: Two young witches must participate in a sort of Witches community service. One of them is a "tattooed fairy", a tough young woman with a bad attitude at risk of wasting her life. The other is a self righteous and rather rigid professional woman who cannot see beyond her own time-tables and rules. They are assigned some Witchy mentors who struggle to find ways to help them help themselves.

All characters are so sympathetically portrayed and with great humour too. I found the basic premise, of two people who are trapped in their own self imposed mental prisons, very compelling. Both women desperately need to change themselves, and they have the tools to do this.

But how do their mentors help them without taking away the power they need to help themselves? How do you help somebody you dislike? How do you see past the obnoxious behaviour to the struggling person inside?

How I wish I had access to such mentors! A benevolent, loving witch community to help me extract the thorns from my own heart.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Read!, May 11, 2012
I have read the Modern Witch series and was curious about the spin off "Witches on Parole". Ms. Geary does not let you down in this series either! She has some of the witches we came to love from the Modern Witch series and some new ones in this one. I like the way these books are written. They are warm, feel good books. Unfortunately you can read them too quickly! These books are fun romps and not filled with explicit sexual situations or filthy language. I would feel comfortable offering this book to the young or the young at heart. I like reading them and wish they were longer so I could stay in the Witch Central world a little longer. Make no mistake these books are not Good vs. Evil edge of your seat books, but a curl up with a blanket and escape to a calm, funny, and friendly place. I will keep reading Ms Geary's books and look forward to many more installments of the "Witch" series.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not magical, August 24, 2012
How is it that this book got 128 reviews and not a single one was negative? I really don't understand the appeal. My first problem with Witches on Parole is that it was flat-out boring. Nothing happened other than two people going from being obnoxious to being less obnoxious. Don't get me wrong, I love character development, but when there's no action, adventure, or drama to go along with it, it's like watching paint dry. My second problem is the ridiculously goodie-goodie witches make Samantha from Bewitched look like the Wicked Witch of the West. Underneath the happy exterior is the self-righteous indignation they claim to despise. My third problem is that they make healthy eating out to be a sin. Anyone who eats as they do is going to end up in the hospital in a couple of years, if not sooner. I previously read the Modern Witch series and wasn't overly impressed with it either. It had the same goodie-goodie witches, but at least there was a little action and romance. No way am I getting sucked into reading another one of this series. It's about witches, but there's nothing magical about it. So why give it two stars instead of one? The characters weren't entirely flat comic-book style and had clearly distinctive personalities. Also, I managed to make it all the way to the end.

3.0 out of 5 stars All very goody twoshoes, October 18, 2012
I found this book a little too "mumsy" for me personally - all very "do goodish" without a real villain or storyline that has you wanting to know "what's next?"

5.0 out of 5 stars Learning about Lizard and Elsie, May 21, 2014
Finding out how Lizard and Elsie actually came to the witching community, how they became the witches we have read about in the "Modern Witch"books.

Read and enjoy.

2.0 out of 5 stars Zzzzzzz...., November 8, 2013
This is the first book I picked up by this author. I am on chapter 5 and had to make myself read that far. I keep wondering if anything is going to happen. I have no idea if the people rating this book are friends or just people that like this type of book, but I am REALLY surprised it got such great ratings. It's not a horrible book, it's just really boring. I can't get myself to read any farther. Taking the advise of a few other reviewers who seem to feel the same way as I do, I am going to assume it doesn't get better and move onto another book.

Rate and Discover Movies