5.0 out of 5 stars Food for the soul (and a cold) ;-)
Published on January 29, 2012 by Lisa Thomas

3.0 out of 5 stars Beach reading
I too am suspicious of all the 5 star ratings. This is a good beach book but there isn't much depth to these books. I liked it enough to keep reading the series, but it is definitely not a book that so many people would be giving it 5 stars for.
Published on April 22, 2012 by in the garden

5.0 out of 5 stars Food for the soul (and a cold) ;-), January 29, 2012
This review is from: Witches Under Way (WitchLight Trilogy: Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
I have read all of Debora Geary's books and this one is my favorite so far. Each book not only shows the growth of the characters she is writing about, but her growth as a writer and story teller as well!! She not only entertains us, Debora makes us laugh, makes us cry and she makes us care. Her world may be make believe, but is so beautifully written, you forget that fact and simply want to belong.

Debora has given us a wonderful world to escape to, but she has also given us food for thought. As I read I could empathize with Lizard and Elsie as they struggled with their insecurities, came to terms with painful memories and learned that sometimes the hardest thing in the world is to learn to trust, not only others but ourselves.

Witches Under Way made a dreary weekend at home with a cold much brighter!! My only regret, as always, is that the book came to an end...but the story continues and I will anxiously await the next installment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, January 28, 2012
rhonda (Fairview, UT) - See all my reviews
Review:Witches Under Way by Debora Geary
5 STARS
It seamed liked I had to wait along time for this second book in the Witch Light Trilogy. It was worth the wait. If you have not picked up any of the series you need to check them out. They are a community of characters working and helping each other in the witching world.
Its fun to read and I get lost in thier stories.
This second story starts a few days after end of first book. Lizard is making soup for all the sick witches with Gina hadding herbs and Aervyn age 4 is delivering it by teleporting right in the kitchens of those sick. The young witchlings heal faster than the older ones.
Lizard is still working for Lauren and is getting ready to start collage, sell her first house by herself and lots of growing opportunities that she faces and yet to come.
Elsie starts out still at yoga but soon leaves. She is getting voice lessons from a opera singer. Elsie is willing to try new things from slowly to faster she grows in her playful side. Elise needs help to being silly and people wrote ideas or challanges that are put in a jar for her to do. Her first one is to ride an wild decorated bike out in public.
Lizard and Elsie have become good friends who are for each other. Having met at beginning of their WitchLight sentence and made to share living quarters. You want to root them on some of thier journeys. Also want to see where they go next.
Thier is more of the knitting circle ladies, water fights that make you want to join and laughter and tears. Dressing up fashion shows and new babies to love. I had a smile on most of the book and still smile as I think of different events in the book. I was given this book for free in exchange of past reviews.
1/28/2012 PUB Fireweed Publishing

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet and hilarious!!, January 28, 2012
Debora Geary does it again! She has such a great sense of story telling combined with insight into people, and a sly sense of humor that sneaks up and ambushes the reader. In a way I envy those people who will discover this series in the years to come: instead of having to wait for the next book, they'll have book after book to enjoy before the stories come to an end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dare to allow your soul to fly!, February 1, 2012
I have raved about what a wonderful storyteller this author is! I have lost sleep more than once because of her. I have mistified my family by laughing untill i cried over her work. Now i am going to warn you about maybe spoiling this story!

This author tells one hellva great story but what she writes about is the human soul and the damage it can take from those we love and those we don't. Then she makes you realize just what great and terible a thing the journey to healing can be. I never married until I reached the age of fortyseven. It was not that I did not love, just that i was not loved in return in the manner that was required by my soul. My wife has been my best friend, my partner, my mentor, and the great love of my life. I knew that but until i read this book I did not understand the risk she took to help me heal and become the man I was destined to be. I am not there yet but like Elsie i see the path and the goal.

I love a great story that makes me laugh and even cry because i can see my friends doing the things the characters do. I am truely in awe of a story and the storyteller who can make me understand my own soul and heart a LOT better!

Read this story if you dare but read it in order! Dare to allow your soul to fly!

5.0 out of 5 stars My heart sings!, February 16, 2012
I've read all of Debora Geary's books and enjoyed them immensely. But Witches under Way touched my heart so deeply because I am Elsie.

Last week my mom passed away. Ours was a rough and rocky relationship for most of my life. In that last moment holding her hand, I knew what Elsie learned and it was oh so precious and beautiful.

Debora's stories can reach a place inside that we aren't even aware needs healing.

Thank you, Debora.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Lilac Wolf and Stuff Review, February 13, 2012
Bang up job, as usual. I love all of Debora's Witch books because reading about Witch Central is like floating in the ocean. It's warm and sunny, there are ups and downs but you just keep floating along. Her pacing is always consistent, and the witches who are central to the story are always helped along by all the other witches in Berkley. And in this one, helped by some of the mortals too.

Once when Elsie was working on her fire power, they discovered a little baby boy (mortal born) was a fire witch. I also adore that the fire witches seem to be drawn to knitting, and knitting in their warm colors of red, yellow and orange.

This book touched me more than any others because I have some similar issues and frustrations that both Elsie and Lizard have. With Elsie, realizing she never really had her childhood, and missing out on all that silliness and color. I absolutely fell in love with Elsie in this book. She showed tremendous courage in facing her..."stick-up the butt" self.

Lizard is forced to do a few things outside her comfort zone. But basically it all boils down to her realizing she is worth the effort other people wish to make for her. She is well loved, regardless of her hard exterior, now she needs to learn how to accept it.

This is a trilogy, so there is just one more book. *can't wait!* But I was glad to see A Modern Witch is a series...and there are going to be 9 total. So now I'm waiting for #4 in that one too. It's like a soap opera that doesn't leave you feeling grimy after. I just adore all the characters and if this were a real place I'd go there in a heartbeat!

5.0 out of 5 stars Even better than the previous book!, February 11, 2012
Witches Under Way is the second book of the WitchLight Trilogy. I thought the first book was excellent, but this book was even better. As Geary adds even more depth to her characters, I fall more in love with them. Lizard is still my my favorite character in the series, but Elsie is a close second. The book brought me to tears many times, but made me laugh out loud just as often. The story is very moving. Geary's gift for writing allowed me to experience Lizard and Elsie's struggles and triumphs along with them. The ending of this book will not disappoint you. It was very inspiring.

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a Talented Writer!, March 19, 2012
Debora Geary truly has a gift. She effortlessly creates characters you want to know and a world you want to live in. Witches Under Way is no exception. After I read the first in the series I thought she had fleshed the characters out pretty well but I was wrong. She brings so many layers to Lizard and Elsie. They have both grown so much from the first book. The relationships and friendships she builds are the true stars of the book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice fun read, June 25, 2013
Love the fantasy and community created. Perfect fun book to curl up with after work and enjoy. So many cute characters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, March 10, 2012
I have read all her books and absolute love them and can't wait for the next one...always stir the soul