5.0 out of 5 stars Baby doll, you're about to be claimed....
Read a prologue on Maryse's book blog and LOVE LOVE it.

I do read some paranormal. But I never really fray from vampires.
I never really thought I'd love Wolf. But you can't resist this King Callum.

Published on December 6, 2012 by Mint

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointingly long
Disclaimer: I bought, read and consumed this book (in one long night) as I have with every other book that KA has written. I am a fan. And I will buy her next book... and her next... (although I might ask a friend for a loaner on the last "Three" book)

Published on November 26, 2012 by Netty

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointingly long, November 26, 2012
This review is from: With Everything I Am (The Three Series Book 2) (Kindle Edition)

It's about a woman name Sonia who has 'gifts', never connects with others because she has to hide them (she lost her parents long ago) and who is destined to be the king of werewolf's mate. That all happens in the first few chapters---the rest (and it's a LOT) is her trying to cope with her mate being an @$$ and him "so patiently" waiting for her to clue in about his world without actually telling her the fundamental trait of his people.

.... but I did not like it.

Why?

1) Sonia. Her characterization was confusing: from the whole dual house thing, her Christmas obsession, I felt like other than a few quirks, I never knew her. And I didn't like her--the entire book she felt weak for never demanding better treatment from Callum and for always giving into the hot sex. Well, I thought she was weak too, and that didn't change **EVER** --she also seemed pretty self-pitying and clueless for what I thought was supposed to be a business-savvy thirty-five year old. Being in her head--she felt like a teenager--ick!

2) Callum. He's a jerk! I like KA's heroes and most of them can be 'jerks' at times. But Callum IS a jerk. And every time--EVERY TIME--when she was trying to leave him, I was disappointed that she didn't. He explains his point of view and suddenly, she's capitulating and saying "aww[...]" and forgetting the horrible stuff he said/did. Why didn't she ever ACTUALLY stand up for herself? And why doesn't he actually ever repent? He feels bad that he doesn't 'know' her? Sorry, not a good enough grovel, pal.

3) the plot. Um, was there one? The rebellion--happens off stage. The Queen gets scratched up--big whoop and then... oh wait, it's all different because she spoke in his ear (why does a guy I'm supposed to like as a hero want to act that way anyway? because it's tradition? LAME). Basically the plot was Sophia's inner struggle with her jerk of a husband/mate. Oh, and the fact that she's mortal human. Except that you know the end fifty pages in--you know what the injections are really doing and you know a) romance: HEA coming (of course that means immortality) b) KA: so you know it's HEA (yay!) but that means there isn't a plot. There was no conflict--except Sophia's weak whining! Oh, wait, there's the whole nebulous "prophecy" stuff and the conspiracy by characters to keep stuff hidden. greeeat.

4) the sex. sorry, not sexy. And it happens over and over. For the first time in a KA, I'm skipping sex scenes. When it's the only thing holding their relationship together?
sigh

For you KA regulars:
nickname: baby doll
sex quirk: the chain around her hips, "greedy" (repeat)
her quirk: loves Christmas a lot
his demand: she call him 'wolf'
appearance: curvy, of course (he makes her eat, of course)
expresses anger: pins her down and pushes her to explode in anger

Recommendation: if you're a die hard fan, you will buy and read this. If you actually are looking for a good introduce-her-to-werewolf life as a mate plot: I'd read MA Everaux's wolf book, or Bitten by Armstrong (though not the sequels). If you're going for your first KA: go to her classics, her great ones: Rock Chicks, Motorcycle Man... etc. I'm afraid I just can't get behind this series. If you want a better example of "Destined queen", her Circe and Lahn novel is way better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Baby doll, you're about to be claimed...., December 6, 2012
Read a prologue on Maryse's book blog and LOVE LOVE it.

I do read some paranormal. But I never really fray from vampires.
I never really thought I'd love Wolf. But you can't resist this King Callum.

Chemistry between this wolf and Sonia, his human lifemate is like BIG, HUGE... Like when Jacob is imprinted... but this is no baby wolf.... this is KING of WOLVES!!!And man is he hot.
You're gonna love their conversation, their confrontation... talking and non talking...
I ended up highlighting almost half of the book! And still fanning myself.
Love love Callum. Thank you Kristen Ashley! :)

I'm well aware that this is book 2 of the series. I haven't read book 1 but I don't feel like missing anything. Though Lucien from book 1 was mentioned here and there in this book, it only make me more curious... if Wolf could be this good, I shouldn't miss the Vampire from book 1 and I'm sooo gonna get it soon!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Love the author but not her best work, November 25, 2012
I just want to start out by saying that I love Kristen Ashley's books they are original and fun. That being said, I am not a fan of this book. First, and this could just be my opinion, I did not like how (what felt like) about 60-70% of the book was in Callum's point of view. I like my "alpha males" (as the author likes to refer to them as) to be mysterious. When I know their motive behind everything and I know their every thought, it decreases their mystique and makes them seem too normal; which is something an alpha male should NOT be. And he was extremely clueless also (which isn't a helpful characteristic for a supposed lycan king). He would be thinking "My mate is so perfect, this is perfect." While she (Sonia) would be thinking "I hate his guts and I hate my life." I don't know if it was the authors goal to make Callum seem so stupidly obtuse, but if so then mission accomplished!
I also did not like Sonia. She was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO self-absorbed. She pitied herself WAY to much and that is just not an attractive quality in a heroine. She was way to "Woe is me, I am with this hot guy who i like, though I don't think he likes me so I will hate him in secret and resent him. But i won't do anything about it because I am a helpless female. Everybody pity me because I am a martyr who has to spend time with this guy who doesn't like me...BLAH, BLAH, BLAH" She made herself into a needless self-martyr (if that makes any sense, which it probably doesn't to anyone but me :)) and it just made her look pathetic and self-absorbed and a bit of a Bi- uh, witch. And she was way too passive-agressive, she would expect Callum to read her mind and then resent him when he wasn't able to pick up on her passive-agressive comments (which is the way most women are I guess!).
It also could have been the mood I was in while I was reading the book, but the story line didn't capture my attention like Ashley's other stories did. I found my mind wandering. I did start getting more into the book at the end but by then there were only about 50 pages left. I don't mean to sound so harsh, it's just that I really like Kristen Ashley's books so when I read this I was just so disapointed. I don't know maybe I just missed whatever point Ashley was trying to make in this book; whatever that may be.

2.0 out of 5 stars Culture Shock, July 8, 2013
I do not believe that this book would have as many 4 and 5 star reviews if it did not have Kristen Ashley`s name attached to it. While I am a diehard fan of Ms. Ashley`s many genres, "With Everything I Am" is not an example of her best writing.

Sonia is too simplistic as a lead character. Other than her mysterious illness, there is nothing intriguing about her as a character. Like Leah in "Until the Sun Falls From the Sky", it is odd to have a female lead at 37 years of age behave in a way that is twenty years younger. I`m not sure why there is a need to infantilize Sonia. She is 5 ft 9 inches, and while I understand that this is three or four inches shorter than the average female werewolf, the overuse of "little" is bewildering. At 5`7", it has never crossed my mind to refer to friends at 5`3" as little. What we are left with is little Queeen Sonia who is loving to everyone. It`s just too shallow a portrait.

A major flaw in the book is Sonia`s lack of curiosity about Callum. Sonia is whisked away to her new life by Callum who refers to her repeatedly as "human" and there are many comments about his different culture. How odd, then, for her never ONCE to ask what HE is or what his culture is. It`s just not believable.

As king of the werewolves, Callum is a typical alpha-male. No problem with that. The strongest part of the book is when wolf culture is explained and how it contrasts with vampire society. We get a little taste of Callum as an action hero, but this is drowned out by his "baby doll" behaviour.

When Ms. Ashley is able to create such different plot lines, it is disappointing that her lead female characters all speak and act in a very similar fashion. Something extremely frustrating in this novel was is the overuse of parentheses. Sonia hates the food (but really loves it). She doesn`t like how Callum kisses her (but really loves it). We get it after the second time. Don`t hit the reader over the head with a hundred of these.

The premise of three different couples coming together to save the world is great. It is evident that Sonia and Leah are going to morph into stronger characters. It is just disappointing that they have to be so juvenile in the meantime.

5.0 out of 5 stars so happy I ignored the bad reviews, December 28, 2012
I always read a few book reviews before buying a book, one to save money and time.Iam sssoooo happy I did not listen to the bad reviews people gave this series.I have always been a fan kristen ashley books but after reading a few reviews 50 % said that she was not very good at writing paranormal novels.What a load of crap, I thought the books were awesome and one of the best vampire/wolf books I have read in a long time.And I read alot.Well done kristen cant wait for the next book

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome read, January 14, 2013
This book was great.

Having gotten really over the whole vampire thing at the moment, I skipped reading the first book (I am going back to read it - I want to read about Lucien & Leah now!) but it actually didnt matter. KA has bought enough of the details over from the first book about the laws & prophercies into the this one that you arent lost in knowing whats going on.

I loved the beginning and the end of the book. Not so much the middle of the book - Sonia's mood swings where just a bit annoying.

Otherwise a great read.

Im looking forward to the third book which will hopefully combine all the characters from the first two books. I would love to keeping reading more about Callum & Sonia as well as Leah & Lucien and the rest of the families. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Amazing KA book, December 9, 2012
I like to call her books my meat and potatoes books. I love romance novels and like the lighthearted ones but when you want to be moved, I read Kristen Ashley! Callum and Sonia's story was an emotional roller-coaster ( in a good way ). It had my emotions all over the map. This series is freaking amazing and I can't wait for 3rd book.Everyone needs to read her books, they are unforgettable. Thanks, Kristen for another great novel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh Callum- he's one hot alpha wolf!!, December 6, 2012
AMAZING!!! This book has been by far one the best I have read!! KA can't go wrong!! Oh Callum- I loved him he was total alpha wolf and didn't disappoint!! He's sexy, strong willed, brave and cocky of course!! Sonia is gentle, sweet, very lonely and quite stubborn. Their story is breathtaking and harrowing! I enjoyed Until the Sun Falls from the Sky very much, but With Everything I Am blew it away and it's because of Callum!! The journey for these two isn't easy and OMG did I want to cry!! Can't go wrong with a sexy alpha wolf and his destined feisty human mate!! It was so awesome how the wolf culture is described from their traditions and customs to their interactions with humans and other immortals! We get see Lucien & Leah again (yay!) Man these prophesies are killing me- so much resting on the shoulders of the three couples!! Sonia and Callum's story tugged at my heart strings they endured so much with Sonia's limited time and Callum's struggle to come to terms with the amount of time they had together. Totally awesome book!! Now time to wait for the next couple!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing - 2.5 stars, January 16, 2015
laurach79 (Madrid (Spain)) - See all my reviews
2.5 stars really for me. I gave 4 stars to the previous book in the series even if it had many flaws and a lot of grammar and spelling mistakes (same as this one) but, I don't know, I found it really entertaining in spite of its many flaws mainly because I loved the main female character.

Not this one. This book felt too long and I didn't like the characters. Sonia, the female protagonist, was bland and quite weak, I never felt conected to her. But the worst for me was Callum, the male protagonist, he is a total jerk!!

I love strong alpha males in my reads (even if I could never stand the type in real life), and sometimes they act kind of jerkish and overbearing and that's ok for me, but Callum was totally over the top! He treated her as if she was a property to the point that I couldn't enjoy the story as I was angry + mad at both of them all the time (him for his attitude and her for consenting it). And what bothered me the most was that every once in a while he will be nice to her and suddenly she was the one at fault for she was being to selfish and too self centered and didn't understand his many occupations and worries which, of course, made all his jerkinesh totally acceptable. Awful!

Also there are many facts that don't add up, as for example the fact that while Sonia doesn't know of the exisence of supernaturals she is called human all the time by everibody and she not even once asks about it, not even to herself. Really?

About the sex scenes, they were steamy in the first book (even if a bit repetitive) but in this book, as they are almost identical every time, they lost all their appeal.

I'm not happy to say that I won't be purchasing neither reading the last book in the series as I've lost all my interest.

3.0 out of 5 stars Overall, about as good as the first book, but with a different set of flaws, January 13, 2015
There are a lot of reviews out there already that cover the territory I would have in my review so I am keeping this short. First, there isn't a lot of plot - this is mostly a character study of 2 people who are fated to be together but fail to communicate well because they come from different cultures. Misunderstanding after misunderstanding fuel this story and drive it to it's very long length. With so very little that actually happens, it could have been much shorter and tighter.

I didn't love Sonia - like Leah in the novel that precedes this, this is 30 something-ish woman behaving live a teenager. The Christmas fetish was annoying. Holding onto the death of her parents for 31 years as if it happened yesterday was not believable - I lost my dad 25 years ago, but as with all the curve balls life throws at you, you make peace with it and move on. Her willingness to believe the worst about Callum without any real kind of discussion was shocking - who wants a life partner who won't talk to you, no matter how great the sex?

Callum had all the aspects of a controlling jerk, but that was well explained by the world building, so I won't hold that against him. What I would hold against him is not finding out what was up with Sonia's injections - he's king of the werewolves - surely he has a power base that is stronger than his mother's. Even his cousin was more concerned than he was.

There was really only one sex scene, and that was replayed over and over. I skipped them as the book ground on.

I will read the next one because, despite the flaws, the book was OK, and I'd like to see where the prophecies go. I haven't read much KA, but I have yet to read anything by her that is more than a 3 star read, so I'm not really disappointed.