Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: With Shivering Hearts We Wait
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on June 8, 2011
Let me get this on the table first off: I am a Blindside fan. That being said, I am not a Blindside fan arbitrarily, for every album they have given us is a 5/5 star album.

People complain every time they release an album that it "doesn't sound like Blindside", but I argue that because of this, if they gave us a follow up album like where every song could be mistaken for one from the last album, it wouldn't sound like Blindside. This is the goal of experimental hard rock bands: to offer something weird and then show us that we like it.

Every song from the epic symphonic opener (There Must Be Something in the Water) to the melodic grungy techno that closes the album (There Must Be Something in the Wind) offers a slightly familiar, yet very fresh flavor of sound.
Marcus experiments with low-res drum effects in "Monster on the Radio" as Christian takes a lyrical stab at the cards big record companies have dealt them.
"Bring Out Your Dead" is not only a reference to one of their favorite movies, but the hardest hitting song on the album.
"It's All I Have" is a surprisingly cheery song (maybe the happiest song they have ever written) that uses colorful lyrics to paint a vivid picture of one aspect of love.
The electric arrangement of "Cold" will give you shivers, it's different than the acoustic version (previously performed but not released) but is excellent in different ways.
Possibly the best song on the album is "My Heart Escapes", it is everything that exemplifies Blindside (if anything could).

Overall, this album is harder and more powerful than their last release (The Great Depression) and offers a refinement that was not found in any earlier album. This is possibly the best album they have ever released. It is unfortunate that it is just under 40 minutes long, but if my only complaint is that I want more, than there is nothing wrong with what they gave me.

Thanks for the album Blindside, it was worth the wait.
on June 7, 2011
After nearly 6 years, Blindside has finally returned with a long awaited new album. This is an overall solid album that most Blindside fans should fall in love with. Lead singer Christian Lindskog shines vocally on this album with passionate / intense screaming / singing that connects with the soul. The lyrics are heartfelt and clever as always. A few of the songs have a radio friendly feel but the standout tracks easily make up for the 'filler' songs. Production on the album is superb; there's great layering of Christian's voice, plenty of touching harmonies, thunderous screams, crunchy guitars, jazzy bass lines, tight drums, cool breakdowns, an introduction of string instruments, and even a surprising techno outro on the final track. I am torn to add that i was rather disappointed that the group left fans hanging for the majority of a year and then came back with a video saying that they wanted more time to make an album that wasn't rushed. I think it was a mistake to leave fans hanging for so long. Ironically, its much like the album title. Still, i love these guys dearly and encourage people to support the band. Buy this album.
on October 15, 2014
If you love Blindside, then this will be a great album for you. If you expect some new musical revelation or are not familiar with the metal heritage that Blindside brings to the table, then you might be a little put off by this album.

The album features a handful of strong true metal songs, but it is tempered by an equal number of more melodic tunes. The European electronica influences also play a more substantial role in this album.

This is a good album for long time fans to enjoy, but if you are not familiar with Blindside then you may want to dig deeper into their discography.
on June 7, 2011
This album is a return to greatness. That's not to say it sounds like "old" Blindside, but it just means the band is back to making a full album of amazing songs. The Great Depression was decent, but it was not up to their previous standard of excellence. After 6 years and a few delays, it's clear the band did not want to make that mistake again. Mission Accomplished.

Old fans be warned - there are some "poppier" sounding tracks on here. I'm sure that will catch a few off guard, but once you get used to the change, you'll realize the songs are still great. For the most part, Blindside has always been a band with melody in it's core, it's just a bit more evident on this album. Christian is a bit more selective with his screams, but he doesn't abandon them completely. Let's be honest - a dude with a voice as amazing as this shouldn't be focused on screaming anyway...leave that to the guys who have already destroyed their vocal chords.

They take some new turns WSHWW, but not at the expense of song quality. In an age where most new modern rock records don't take any chances (and leave me disappointed), Blindside shows us how to evolve without completely abandoning our roots. The production is outstanding, the song structures are unique, and Christian's vocals have never been more on point. I've been dying to hear a great new rock record, and this one fits the bill. This goes up as one of my favorites of 2011.
on June 8, 2011
This album was indeed a long time coming, and in my opinion, was well worth the wait. Though it has definite differences in sound and approach, they do nothing to take away from the band's core strengths or character. In fact, I think the differences present actually enhance the band's sound and appeal overall. It is not a bad thing to be more accessible than previous efforts, as all that means is that more people can enjoy the music, rather than just a select niche. Musically, this album to me, is a perfect cross between "About A Burning Fire" and "The Great Depression." Lyrically, it contains some of the most meaningful lyrics since AABF. This is a true gem for any Blindside fan, and a great record period, for anyone who enjoys Modern Hard/Alternative Rock music.
on January 7, 2012
Blindside is one of my favorite Christian rock bands. They blend just the right blend of guitar, lyrics and screaming to have you rocking out. I think The Great Depression was Blindside's best album. This new one is good...very good...just not quite up to depression levels.
on June 7, 2011
I've been a big fan ever since I heard 'Eye of the Storm'. Like most bands of this genre who've been around a while, as they've gotten older their music has mellowed a bit, which is not a criticism. This is definitely the least aggressive of all of their albums, and for me, it took a little longer to get used to, but I really like it. It's more singing with punctuations of screams, which again, is good. The only song I really don't care for is 'Monsters...', but who cares? Overall, I think the album is excellent and I'm so glad that Blindside decided to put out at least one more album. They are very talented, great song writers, and have really matured as a band. They definitely aren't punk/thrash anymore, but that wasn't my favorite sound for them anyway. So, if you're looking for some medium heavy rock with some passionate vocals...you can't go wrong with Blindside!
on August 22, 2013
I've been a fan of Blindside since the days of pumping my fist along with their album "Silence" (I know, the truly hardcore fans wouldn't call me hardcore, but whatever), and I truly feel that this album easily stands on its own as a great Blindside album. I was pleasantly surprised by most of the songs on this album, with only one or two exceptions. The energy and passion that I've always loved about them is strongly present on this album. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm having a hard time deciding whether "Silence" is still my favorite album from them, or whether "With Shivering Hearts We Wait" has stolen that spot. No, it's still Silence-- no... it's... well, either way, this is a great album that I think will appeal to anyone who loves Blindside, as well as maybe even a slightly larger audience than in the past, with some of the more melodic (yet still powerfully intense) songs.

By the way, given the option, I probably would have given it 4.5 stars, but that's not an option.
on June 8, 2011
I would rank Blindside in my top 5 favorite bands/musical artists and this album does nothing but cement that affection I have for them. This album has the air of familiarity but like every Blindside album they bring something a little different to the table such that each song never feels like a retread. I can't pinpoint my favorite song on the album, nor a least favorite, all the tracks are solid even the more "poppy" (as pop as Blindside can sound) songs are good. Highly recommended for people interested in a good rock album especially a good Christian rock album.
on January 23, 2012
Possibly their best album. Loud clean movie quality audio production. Strings are incorporated amazingly. No filler songs; each song is top notch and has a distinct sound yet the songs on the album feel unified as one complete package. There are bits of the past Blindside songs mixed in with a fresh new sound. This album really makes blindside stand out amongst other rock bands. One of my top 5 favorite albums of all time. Do not die before hearing this album. Buy it.