Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

100%

on November 1, 2008
Once in a great while someone who understands that the German minimalists and Bahaus elite may have gotten it wrong, and this disc proves it.This disc shows that there is beauty in classics with a touch of straight up jazz. I have heard only a couple of accomplished efforts at this. One being the Howard Brubeck work, for his brother Dave, that was recorded with the NY Philharmonic under Berstein. The second being the recent Danilo Perez work with the same conductor arranger as we have here.

I have read so many critics of this Evans/Ogermann disc as being "unworthy" or so much "fluff" when in my mind and I believe many, like me, think this is exactly what I want music or art to be. Pleasant to the ears and with some sense of rhtyhm, not 6 hours of solo Bach partitas on some 16th century pipe organ..though I can take an hour of that in more empty moments of my passing years.

Claus Ogermann is simply the most melodic genius of our time and this disc proves it. Bill Evans being the top bill, is more aptly described as the co-creator here. Pure jazz rhythms assigned to work with lush strings in what the dedicated composers might think of as worthy sketches on their originals are all..to the single cut..pleasurable. Can that be so wrong? Me thinks not!!

I frankly like the packaging and quality of this disc more than the less pricy domestic version..and you would be well spent to own this one!