5.0 out of 5 stars The best album I've ever heard
Published on March 27, 2000 by Tom Hall

3.0 out of 5 stars I Am Glad I Discovered This Album!!!
Or rather,as fate would have it,perhaps Ginny's vibe discovered me!This is a wonderful album of spiritual contemporary music,and it grooves too.She writes her own music,lyrics,and she even plays the piano on some tracks,which is a big plus for me.The first song,"Be Thou My Vision" is Ginny's version of this traditional Irish hymn.It sets up an atmospheric...
Published on April 27, 2001 by _

5.0 out of 5 stars The best album I've ever heard, March 27, 2000
This review is from: Without Condition (Audio CD)
Wow. Recently, being a European, I've only just discovered the music of people like Jewel, Sarah McLachlan and Tara Maclean, and I was blown away by these. But then I bought this album, by Ginny Owens, and any other CD I've heard pales in comparison to the stunning quality in the lyrics, melodies and vocals of this album. I urge anyone to pick up a copy of this now, as it'll give you a whole new outlook on life - it's changed me from someone who thought of themselves as an atheist to someone who's actually been to a church for the first time in 3 years! So please buy this album - it'll lift you up, it'll make you cry, it'll make you dance, and it'll definately make you sing. Fantastic

5.0 out of 5 stars essential, September 20, 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Without Condition (Audio CD)
This CD is amazing. I wasn't expecting much when I picked it up; I anticipated more of the same: Christian singers trying to speak to Christian audiences while trying to sound like the world ... and pleasing no one. But Ms. Owens' music, her lyrics, break the mold, every second of every track. Her lyrics are what amaze me most, profound yet prosaic, and very hard-hitting. I've recommended this album to everyone who would listen and given it as a gift, and the response is always the same -- "What an awesome CD!" This album is exciting because the music rocks, AND the theology is sound. Imagine that!
Here's some thoughts on my favorite tracks.
"Without Condition" is painfully honest, and humbles you, because the initial response is, "It's about time someone put those hypocrites in their place," but then you realize a lot of it applies to you.
"If You Want Me To" puts struggles and trials in perspective; they are just steps on the pathway to Glory. There's a beautiful version of this on the "A Night At Rocketown" CD, and you also get to hear Ginny explaining the story behind the song.
"I Am Nothing" brings to life I Corinthians 13, reminding us that love is what brings worth. We don't have anything to prove.
Buy this CD and listen for God's voice. If your heart is open He'll speak to you through it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible., November 29, 1999
This review is from: Without Condition (Audio CD)
I heard the song 'FREE' recently on a network television program and decided to check out the album. Ginny is exceptionaly talented. Her voice is sweet and mesmerizing, her lyrics inspiring, and the musical composition is outstanding. I'd recommend this artist to anyone who likes Sarah McLachlan, Sixpense & None the Richer, etc. Enjoy, I know you will.

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful newcomer Ginny Owens blends Pop/Rock with Christian, December 27, 1999
Jeremy Teitelbaum (Santa Maria, Ca USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Without Condition (Audio CD)
Ginny Owens debut album has already received strong comparisons to Sarah McLachlan, Tori Amos, and Fiona Apple for her sultry vocals. Its no wonder she won a spot at last year's Lillith Faire concert. Fans of these ladies of pop as well as fans of Christian music will enjoy this album. Her songs address poignant topics that all fans can relate to and do so with a musical sound that is both cutting edge and classic. Owens, despite blindness, see's the world through rose colored lenses and her songs and music blend soulful acoustic melodies and a hint of her southern roots with inspirational messages that don't leave the listener feeling they're being preached too, but rather enlightened.

5.0 out of 5 stars my first christian cd- has turned me on to others, March 18, 2000
This review is from: Without Condition (Audio CD)
I happened into a Christian bookstore and much to my delight they had a system that allowed me to listen to ANY cd they sold. Ginny was featured, so I put on the headphones, punched in the numbers and felt my whole perspective on faith change. Her music is prayer to me. I feel that when I sing along, I am speaking to God. Her lyrics are haunting and exactly right; her music is cool and funky and sweet all at the same time. I am a sara maclachlan fan, also, and much of ginny's work is similar in style, but it also has a gospel and soul feel to it. I have shared it with my 5 year old son, who loves "Raging Fire" and "Springs of Life"- he requests them in the car and as bedtime lullabyes (sung by mommy)! I have recommended this cd to my two closest girlfriends and my mom, and have been thanked many times for sharing my "discovery" of this talented singer/songwriter. Oh, and I didn't even mention how wonderful her voice is- ethereal, clear, strong and full of "drama and emotion". I love this cd! I can't wait for her next release.
Discovering Ginny made me brave, so I returned to the same store and found two other artists whose music I have come to love also: Jennifer Knapp (Kansas cd rocks) and Jill Phillips (amazing). Do yourself a favor and take a listen to these women- they are all really wonderful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Stuff!, September 15, 2001
This review is from: Without Condition (Audio CD)
Ginny Owens is a rare find in the Christian Music industry. Blinded since a very young age, Owens could have taken a bitter view of God, yet she didn't, and am I thankful for that. Owens is one of the those artists who can dig deep into my soul and say exactly what I am thinking without having ever met her. Taking on the piano as her major tool for writing, Owen since with much eash, like she knows what she's talking about. The CD starts off with an accapella version of "Be Thou My Vision", which is beautiful yet haunting at the same time. The next track on the CD is one of my favorites. "I Wanna Be Moved" is one of those songs I was talking about earlier, one that says exactly what I am thinking at the right time. The song is an edgy rock-influenced song speaking of how Owens doesn't "want to be a flame", but rather she wants to be a "raging fire". This is just a small taste of what is to come. While Ginny does a great job on the edgy stuff, she really shows her songwriting muscles on her ballads. Songs like "I Am Nothing", "Someone Searching" and "If You Want Me To" truly show her desire to live a life that holy and blameless before Christ. My favorite song on the CD has to be "Own Me". A beautiful, subtle song about how she prays God will take complete control of her life, mold her, break her, and heal her. I highly recommend this album to anyone who enjoys the piano based sounds of Nichole Nordeman or Cindy Morgan.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best Christian CDs of the year!, August 12, 2001
Soozie4Him (Chicago suburbs) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Without Condition (Audio CD)
This is the first album by new Rocketown artist Ginny Owens, and I can't wait to hear her next one! Michael W Smith really has a knack for choosing Christian artists with a heart for the Lord who have varying styles and unique sounds.
Ginny's album is very diverse, stylistically; her voice ranges from sweet and clear to ethereal, to funky, to haunting. There is something for everyone on this album and you'll find you grow to love every single song.
Ginny has been blind since the age of 2, yet she went on to get a degree in Music Education, only to find out that schools weren't interested in hiring a blind music teacher! Well, their loss is our gain, as you will hear when you listen to this CD for the first time.
My favorite songs on the CD are:
Be Thou My Vision - the first track. It's only one and a half minutes long, but oh, it just gives you goosebumps! It fades into the next song "I Want to Be Moved", overlapping two different styles.
If You Want Me To: this song got a lot of airplay on Christian radio and with good reason. Just read the first verse:
The pathway is broken The signs are unclear I can't find the reason why You led me here But just because You love me the way that You do I will go through the valley If You want me to
If you go to ginnyowens.com, you can listen to snippets of any or all of Ginny's songs, and you can hear for yourself why you should buy this album! This song "If You Want Me To" is a wonderful encouragement to anyone going through hard times or wondering about God's will for their life.
It's no surprise that Ginny Owens won the "Best New Artist of the Year" at the April 2000 Dove Awards!
You might want to check out my other reviews of Christian music and books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great newcomer, November 16, 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Without Condition (Audio CD)
Ginny Owens has soul in her music. She is a great newcomer and for people who like the secular Sarah Mclachlan will love Ginny! She has a beautiful voice and I love hearing her during my relaxation time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, April 7, 2002
J. Michael (rural IL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Without Condition (Audio CD)
This is the first Ginny Owens CD I bought and she has a fan for life! My favorite song is "If You Want Me To". It touched me when I heard it on the radio. With the CD, I was able to read about her and watch the video clips on the computer and learned the background of the song. It is beautiful!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Just gets better with each listen...., May 19, 2000
Ronda (Columbia, MO) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Without Condition (Audio CD)
I bought this CD when it released mainly because it was backed by Rocketown Records and Michael W. Smith, although I didn't know much about it at all. I totally fell in love with "If You Want Me To". It's now my theme song for being tempted to feel sorry for myself. It basically says that there's a reason for everything although you may not know it at the time. It's a just plain "Trust Jesus" song! Ginny has such a sweet voice and soulful convictions about every word she writes and sings. This was apparent when I saw her for the first time at "An Evening at Rocketown", a concert put on by the label to showcase their artists (mind you, not a bad one in the bunch! ). Although Ginny is still very young, in other aspects she is so mature and wise for her years. She has a humbleness and a willingness for servanthood that is unbelievable. If you want music that will move you, buy this CD!

Without Condition