Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on June 13, 2015
I use wix filters exclusively in my shop. Great quality.
As with any product, a defect can slip through sometimes.

Today, I was changing oil and filter on a 2001 Camry. I happened to look inside the Wix filter 51394 I removed (originally installed in April 2015) and noticed that it appeared that an internal sealing cap on the inside was missing because I could see part of the filter element. I compared it to the new wix 51394 I was installing and the new filter did have an internal sealing cap on the inside. I pulled a couple of other wix filters off the shelf and notice they also had the internal sealing cap installed.
What caught about attention about this old oll filter was that once I removed it, it did not have any oil that drained out after removal. Not sure what role this internal sealing cap plays as part of the anti-drain back function of this filter.
The missing internal sealing cap had not dislodged; it was not loose nor stuck in the inside of the old filter. It was also too large in diameter to exit the open end of the filter.

I took pictures and went to Wix website with the ideal of giving them some feedback but they did not have a link for technical contact.

This is not a slam against Wix filters; just shows defects are possible in any product. It pays to check all replacement parts closely before installing.

Even thought this internal sealing cap was missing, I do not think the filtering was compromised during the past oil change interval. The oil had 5000 miles on it since last oil change and the oil was not very dirty in appearance.
Both filters made in USA

Edit: the picture shown is the filter with the missing internal endcap seal ring.
review image
on March 25, 2014
Wix makes great oil filters for regular automotive and industrial applications. They make a wide variety of filters for almost any common and not so common application.
To the best of my knowledge, they are the jobber for Napa Gold filters, as well.
I use full synthetic oil in my car, so I change it about every 5000 miles. I install a new filter with every oil change, and the Wix goes on an off easily.
Gaskets appear to be high quality, and the fitment is always perfect. They do a good job tapping the interfaces.
This is my 4th Wix filter that I used, as the previous filters were generally Napa Golds (made by Wix)
on February 12, 2012
I've always thought Wix filters were a bit more substantial than Fram filters. I've used Wix for years, always been happy with them. The Amazon price is a good as anywhere, and with a lack of nearby auto parts stores it's simpler to just get them on Amazon.
on January 23, 2013
I've watched many videos of the interior of oil filters. I use to use the cheap orange brand but found that they use paper on the inside where Wix will use metal. 150K miles on my vehicle and I plan to keep going with regular oil changes and good oil.
on May 12, 2011
Has exceeded expectations. Out did the price which toyota calls for a filter( paper in a diet pepsi can).Has not leaked, warped, or done anything out of the usual and it holds well to a 60km daily commute. Its pretty small though (doesn't rob the engine of oil) and I do wish to know what filter socket I can use with it cause I've been hitting duds at all of the retail stores, so i still gotta pay a mechanic to do my changes :( but otherwise, I can recommend this filter blind folded!
/////Update - Nov 2011//////
Filter still going strong. No problems with leaks or burstage or pressure problems . Using fully synthetic Mobil oil with it and car has been great so far. For those wondering, the common toyota filter wrench...Assenmacher Specialty Tools TOY 640 Oil Filter Housing Cup Wrench for Toyota/Lexus... will work :)
on October 9, 2013
I've read this is the exact same filter as the NAPA Gold 1394.
I've read WIX makes it for NAPA.
This bit of info can be very handy if your supplier doesn't have one but does have the other.
I use the NAPA in my Scion 2006 xA and have never had a problem. It appears well built.
on June 10, 2012
Bought 3 WIX filters. Over the years I have I have used almost every filter out there. WIX seems to be the filter to have as far as build quality, performance and reliability. I do buy Fram Air filters but removed them from my 'buy' list when it comes to oil filters. WIX is a great product!!!
on May 7, 2014
I think this filter was for my 2001 Toyota Camry 2.2L 74,000 miles.
Just changed oil and filter so no news to report on performance.
The filter fit fine. The filter feels a little more substantial than a FRAM.
I thought I would try the WIX oil filter based on user reviews.
on October 26, 2012
I purchased this product because I believe in the Wix name. I have used other filters and it seems this filter keeps my oil cleaner over time. Most will say it doesn't matter just do frequent oil changes but if you are like me and occassionally press your vehicle over the normal change I recommend this product.
on July 27, 2014
Good quality oil filter with silicone drain back valve and lots of pleates in the synthetic filter media. Thick outter shell. All the right stuff in this filter. Same approximate quality as Purolator Pure One filters. Watch several tear-downs and reviews on utube.