Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on March 27, 2014
Direct replacement for a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo with the 4.0L I6. I didn't use the gaskets provided as I have a much better one installed, but they did appear a little flimsy. The filter fit on perfectly, and the car hasn't blown up yet so I guess it's working well.

UPDATE - it's been about a year and the Jeep is still running fine. The transmission has its share of problems, but they're not the fault of this filter. I would buy this again if I ever needed a new one, and suggest you do the same.
on March 2, 2014
This transmission filter kit was a perfect fit replacement for the vehicle noted in the review tagline. Changing it out was straightforward. The OEM pan gasket is designed to be reusable, so you don't need the included gaskets, but they also fit perfect if you decide to use them or if the OEM gasket gets damaged.
on December 1, 2015
The transmisssion filter is the most neglected part of the modern auto or pickup -- and they get NASTY dirty, which causes transmission slippage, premature wear, and lost fuel mileage. Most manufacturers recommend trans filter changes @ about 30,000 miles.
The WIX 58613 Automatic Transmission Filter fits perfectly and performs exactly as it should.
The product illustration shows CORK gaskets, but the #58613 Filter comes with two (2) RUBBER gaskets -- the filter fits two (2) different transmission models. Use the gasket that fits your pan.
After cleaning the pan and internal magnet, I installed a B&M Transmission Drain Plug -- omitted the plastic washer and soldered the plug in place to prevent leaks. The B&M drain plug saves time and a messy clean-up when the filter has to be changed again.
Loc-Tite Spray Adhesive was applied to one (1) side of the gasket and pan to hold gasket firmly in place while installing the pan. Using the supplied RUBBER gasket, there is NO NEED for any "sealer" on the gasket.
After assembly and refill with Chrysler-approved ATF+4 Synthetic Transmission Fluid, the transmission shifts smoother, with firmer shifts and and an overall feeling of a stronger transmission.
on February 1, 2016
This filter is made in China. I expected a filter made in USA with the Wix brand. As most shade tree mechanics, I would be willing to pay more for something made in the USA, especially a filter to protect a my transmission that costs several thousand dollars. I will NOT be buying this filter again.
on June 15, 2013
I bought this filter for a 1999 dodge truck that I had picked up it is a good filter I have had no problem with it gasket was kinda hard to get to stay in place till I got it layed out on pan it was all rolled up in a little ball have no complants with it worth the money
on June 22, 2008
I have a 5.2 liter durango. This filter is the exact fit and even the part number was the same as the oem part number.
on March 26, 2013
Purchased this filter to change the transmission filter and fluid on my 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L. This filter fits perfectly and comes with the necessary gasket. This is the correct part number for the 42RE automatic transmission. Please check to make sure you're purchasing the correct filter!
44 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 28, 2013
It fits but that's about the only good thing about it. It's made in China and only the top half that mates to the transmission is metal. The bottom half that acts as a pickup for the transmission fluid is plastic. The MOPAR part I removed was made in the USA and had an all metal frame. It probably works fine, but keep my money stateside next time.
on November 18, 2014
Wix makes excellent filters and this is a perfect replacement for my 3.9L 2001 Dodge Ram with an Torqueflite 42RE transmission.
on August 1, 2013
This kit was purchased for the filter itself, and this is a direct fit to my transmission and works perfectly.

One of the provided gaskets work on my 46RE, but I had a slight seep over one corner that I couldn't stop, so I got the official Mopar gasket as a replacement. I'm not dropping any stars because I didn't buy this for the gasket, and in my case the seep is likely due to the pan (which has seen 275000 miles).