4.0 out of 5 stars Works great!
The device works well and seems to be very sensitive, e.g. put a piece of paper under one end and the reading changes. That's a lot more sensitive than a standard bubble level or my eye.

Published on September 10, 2011 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Very erratic and questionable readings
Published on December 12, 2011 by citykid_1

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great!, September 10, 2011
This review is from: Wixey WR365 Digital Angle Gauge and Level (Tools & Home Improvement)

There are three angle readouts: one that works and looks like a bubble level, the top digital angle readout that's referenced to the bubble level, and the lower digital readout that displays the angle relative to a user-set reference point.

The bubble level and top digital readout are factory-set to dead level. This is a very nice feature, many other digital levels require user calibration which I think is ridiculous. If you buy a level, you don't want to wonder if it's set right.

The relative angle feature is useful when your shop/tool is not perfectly level, e.g. put the unit on your drill press table and and press the "zero" button. This sets the relative angle reading to 0. Now hold the device against the drill bit and read the relative reading. This allows to get a 90 degree hole even if your shop/tool is a couple of degrees off. Without this feature, you'd have to do the math in your head.

The relative feature is not perfect, it does not read 0 when placed back on it's reference plane. It's less than a degree off. I don't think you can turn the relative feature off, you can only reset it to some other reference angle. I don't think these issues are significant.

The display takes about 5 seconds to settle after being moved. The hold function works as expected. The magnet is not that strong, but strong enough to hold the unit if about 50% of the magnet is engaged. This is fine, I don't want to struggle to remove it.

I'm not sure how durable the unit is, it doesn't feel like it would withstand a 6' drop onto something hard. The flip up display doesn't feel that solid. The unit is a little heaver than I expected at 4.6 ounces with batteries.

The printed manual is small and difficult to read. I downloaded the manual from the Wixey website, it's a decent manual.

Things I miss: a lighted display, more rugged, a protective case. Overall, I'm very happy with this unit and would buy it again and recommend it to a friend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very accurate and fits in your pocket, September 21, 2011
This angle finder is small enough to fit in your pocket. It is accurate to within .1 degree for those precise jobs. It also includes a nifty digital bubble level indicator. The angle finder portion is easily calibrated and by a simple touch of a button you can hold a specific reading, or take relative measurements. Simply place the device on a slanted surface, touch a button to zero it out, and then place it on the other angle to determine the angle between surface A and surface B.

The only negative thing I have to say about this finder is it doesn't include a separate on/off button. The on/off function is integrated into the same button that zeroes out the finder for relative angle measurements. To turn it off you have to hold the button down for a couple of seconds. If you don't hold it long enough, it zeroes out the finder and you'll then have to level the finder to zero once again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Could be improved Upon, May 19, 2012
I own a number of Wixey products for my table saw, planer, router, etc. I would say that they are of good quality and value, especially when you catch them bundled or price reduced. The support is excellent as I have had several problems and have gotten almost instant response and solutions from (supposedly) Mr Wixey. I owned the predessor to this model and it worked well until recently. I found it esential when I used the bevel on my table saw. How do you know when you've returned the table to exactly perpendicular after you've done a bevel, most likely 45 degrees. For a few dollars more than simply replacing my original, I purchased this model. Several things caught my attention. One was that it uses bigger batteries so that I wouldn't have to replace so often. The second was the "magnets" in the base. What I can now do is attach this device to my 4 foot level that has a magnetic strip on one side. So, I can read level without referring to the "bubbles". What may be missing is an indication of "plumb". For many years, I have used a short (and cheap) Zircon level for level and plumb. If one could dulplicate this with a 4 foot (or longer) level, it would be great. There may be levels like this out there but they may be much more expensive than these Wixey devices when one already owns a long level. That is why I'm suggesting a device, like this, that could be attached, magnetically, or taped, or whatever, to an existing 4 foot or longer level. Another thing I like about THIS device is that it is small. When I'm doing plumbing (hopefully, rarely, now as I am retired), I can put the device on a pipe to determine it's slope. Other levels, even though they are short, are just to long.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very erratic and questionable readings, December 12, 2011
I purchased this device (Wixey WR365) and have been using it for a few days. While resting completely still on a level surface the display will initially show 0 degrees, then jump to 10 degrees, then 20 degrees, etc... I've tried installing fresh batteries, zeroing the unit, making sure it was not disturbed in any way and its display would periodically show eratic readings. Often jumping in 10 degree increments, all without ever being moved or touched. The results I obtained were completely random. About 70 percent of the time it read correctly then it would simply start displaying incorrect measurements, many times 10 to 20 seconds after displaying a correct measurement and not being moved or touched in the interim. Looks like there is a potential design problem with this device. The device is made in China and is completely useless as a measuring tool. You just can't rely on the readings. Returning this for a refund.

3.0 out of 5 stars It does not stick firmly on metal(iron) surface!!!!!!!!!, May 5, 2013
The magnet on the bottom of gauge is not strong enough to hold itself. It keeps slipping on table saw blade.
what a shame!!!!!!!!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars The following email sent to Wixey Intelligent Woodworking on Nov 03, November 4, 2014
Bob N "Robert R Nixon" (Sugar Land, Texas USA) - See all my reviews
The following email sent to Wixey Intelligent Woodworking on Nov 03, 2014:

I ordered a Wixey WR365 Digital Angle Gauge and Level on March 12, 2014. The unit failed (or I noticed the failure) on Nov 1, 2014. I was rather surprised to discover that your two-man company does not honor its one-year warranty when the product is purchased from Amazon, a large and reputable company. Amazon’s stated policy for direct returns is 30 days, but under the circumstances, Amazon chose to eat the sales price and give me a complete refund. I will purchase another such a device but you can understand why I will not purchase another product from Wixey Intelligent Woodworking.

5.0 out of 5 stars How Did I Live Without This?, January 15, 2013
I bought this to insure my tablesaw blade was set to the correct angle. I have since found all kind of other uses for it such as insuring the tablesaw fence rails are parallel to the tabletop, checking my dinner table level (just for fun), setting my mitre saw angle etc. The key feature that makes this tool so versatile is that it measures absolute level and relative level.
Absolute Level: If you place it on a bubble level, to provide it with a long flat surface, you can determine absolute level and absolute plum (90 degrees from level) - this is much easier than trying to determine whether a bubble is in the middle of its range.
Relative Level: this is extremely useful when you want to make something exactly 90 degrees (or whatever degrees) from a reference surface. My tablesaw is a good example. It sits on a floor that is not absolute level (e.g. level relative to the earth). However, I need to make sure my blade is exactly 90 degrees from whatever the tablesaw top is. I place this device on my tablesaw top, zero it to make it show that my tablesaw top is level, then when I place it on my blade it shows me exactly how perpendicular my blade is (to within a tenth of a degree) from my top.
I had no problems with the magnet sticking to anything magnetic so maybe they improved it based on some comments I read. I will never use any of my bubble levels again without this thing sitting on top of them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Accurate Angle Gauge..., April 27, 2012
I have purchased some adjustable angle gauges and have found them to be less than accurate. One of the last purchases was from Woodcraft...an adjustable square that after taking it home and checking it against my Starrett square, I promptly returned. I had written off adjustable angle squares and the like, but one of the guys in the QC lab at work bought a digital adjustable angle gauge from Harbor Freight and the accuracy was very good. I decided on the Wixey due to the .1 degree stated accuracy and the other review I read where the guy tested his against QC test equipment and looked like the accuracy was very good as well. I tested this angle gauge on a sine plate with gauge blocks and can tell you every angle was right on the money! This makes it very fast to set an angle on all my wood working equipment, because I was doing exactly what the Wixey description said...place a Starrett square against the saw blade and look for light.

The only complaint I have is I wish the magnets were a little stronger. The magnets are not strong enough to hold the gauge at 90 degrees. You can remedy this by placing a magnet under gauge, which will stop it from sliding.

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish I'd bought this years ago!!, August 5, 2014
Have you even been disappointed with angled cuts on your table saw? Have you ever wondered how to properly level the table on your drill press? Have you had problems checking an angle for square? Curse no more!
This model is the "better" of the two Wixey angle gauges, and I figured, why end up with only some of the features. No regrets!
Anyway, this unit is dead simple to use, and the feature I really like is how you can place it on a flat surface, and quickly calibrate it/zero it to consider that surface to be "level". Then you can measure angles RELATIVE TO THAT SURFACE - i.e. not relative to "true" level. Which is to say, if your bench is not exactly level, you can still measure angles relative to the (hopefully) flat surface of your bench.
The unit has a strong magnet, and a nice groove so that it can straddle drill bits, pipe, whatever. I almost went crazy trying to test my drill press for squareness to the drill bit before I got this baby.
The specs say it is accurate and repeatable to 0.1 degrees, and my experience says this is true. If you do any serious woodworking you know that you need this accuracy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Weak magnet, rattles (electro-mechanical sensor?), but easy to use and takes 2x AAA batteries, December 21, 2013
I really liked the fact that this level uses a pair of AAA batteries that are easy to find, and I can use NiMH rechargeables that have a long lifespan. The magnetic base is very weak and the level tends to slide down on steep angles. However, I found that I can just use the sides of the level for a quick check just as easily. Out of the box, the relative angle indicator matched the factory setting, which was a plus. I liked the visual indicators for the bubble level, bevel indicator, as well as the digital readout. It was simple to use, and a lot more convenient than a mechanical protractor or simple bubble level.

When shaking the WR365, I can hear a rattling sound suggesting it uses an electromechanical sensor, versus a solid state/digita 3-axis accelerometer like the ones used for smartphones, tablets, and the Fitbit pedometers. This isn't a big deal, but it is fairly outdated to still rely on the mechanical sensor when solid state accelerometers are used in a lot of inexpensive electronics these days.

The use of a pair of AAA batteries is a plus, since I don't have to buy expensive coin batteries and can just use rechargeables.

Overall: 4/5 stars, easy and convenient to use, but the magnet is weak.

Wixey WR365 Digital Angle Gauge and Level