5.0 out of 5 stars Let's Clear the Air
Published 15 months ago by Ethan Storeng

2,261 of 2,703 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars YEAH RIGHT! Here's what's NOT included:
1) NEW cut material - Note the description says "over 5 hours of never before seen special features". Not unseen cut material, just new features.

2) Extended Editions of all eight movies. Only movies 1 and 2, which have already been released as extended in the UE, are extended. Again, nothing new here.

3) Director's cut of Order of the Phoenix...
Published on March 2, 2012 by Joey Gillis

5.0 out of 5 stars Let's Clear the Air, April 2, 2013
This review is from: Harry Potter Wizard's Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo + UltraViolet Digital Copy) (Blu-ray)
Alright, let's end some of the misconceptions about this product. You can choose to be angry at Warner Bros. for not releasing the extended versions of the later films. From what I've heard, they're not going to be released, let alone included in a set. That's no reason to rate this product so low. I've also noticed many have impugned this collection's quality without having seen it, saying the price is too much for some paltry, cardboard box and a few trinkets. I would posit that none of these posters have any idea what they're talking about. First of all, the chest these movies come in is huge. It is so much bigger than what the picture would have you believe, you will likely think your order was mixed up with somebody's purchase of a nightstand or a crate of oranges, perhaps. This thing is BIG. Secondly, it is SO friggin' heavy. I would lift this set to build muscle mass on a daily basis if I cared at all about not looking like a shapeless fatty magoo. Oh, and cardboard? Nuh-uh. This thing is made with some high-quality stuff. I won't speak to what kind exactly, since I failed my random materials 101 course, but I would place the outside of the chest's construction as much closer to wood than cardboard on a scale of thickness and durability. Finally, the presentation. Oh sweet gravy-soaked giblets, the presentation. This set blows every other set I've purchased completely out of the water in terms of presentation. As I pulled the chest's wings apart to expose its inner workings for the first time, a thought occurred to me: "This chest will be a family heirloom. My children will proudly present my Harry Potter collection to their children and relate some anecdote about how much this meant to them or why this set was super important to me." I'm having difficulty even now in believing this set was not itself crafted by actual wizards. As for the movies and the goodies inside, the Amazon description makes it clear enough what to expect. However, if you are waffling on this purchase because of all the disparaging comments made about its presentation and construction, DON'T. This is the coolest, biggest, most gorgeous collection of movies you or I could ever hope to possess in our lifetimes. Don't let cynicism ruin your opportunity to own something as cool as this set. Don't let your dying regret be that you didn't buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars One Happy Muggle After Getting This OUTSTANDING Collection, October 1, 2012
Ok, forget all the negative reviews from people who have never seen this set or who have no plans to ever purchase it. That's one of my pet peeves, is people who write a review about something they've not actually seen.

I just got this mammoth set in the mail last week, and let me tell you.........This is the MOST elaborate collection I've ever seen, and I've seen quite a few as a movie collector over the years. I must admit that I held off ordering this because of all the negative "reviews", but finally decided to sell all of my ultimate editions and then bite the bullet and get the Wizards collection. The first thing you'll notice is that this is one solid piece of artwork. After I cleared off my coffee table and got it out of the box, I just sat and admired the detail on the outer box, which is truly astounding. Raised lettering, with gold gilding, and a feel of solid quality. I raised the metal hinged top door which reveals the first year disc set. Now these discs are housed in specially commissioned holders that were created just for this set. They are quite unlike anything I've seen before. You cold take all 8 out of the box and put them on a book shelf and they would look great. Each one has its own design, which ties directly into the film. The pages are of the thick foam type as seen in Alien Anthology, with the exception of the disc holders. Each disc is attached to a specialized plastic hub that is recessed into the foam page, which means that when it's closed, you don't see any plastic edges, but instead it looks simply like a book that could be placed on a shelf.

After looking over the beautiful disc holder, I pulled on the front of the box, which is held closed with hidden magnets. The front of the box then folds down and reveals what looks like an ornate travel trunk. You then slide two sides out which then reveals several drawers with metal pulls on the front. Each drawer holds more of the gorgeous books containing the discs, along with a lot of extra memorabilia. After looking through all of the different goodies that are in each drawer, I was then left to start pushing and pulling on a few "hidden" compartments in the box. I found a total of four secret areas housing; a scroll with UV codes for each film, a really pretty locket as is found in pt. one of the Deathly Hollows, a bonus blu-ray disc with over 3 hours of extra bonus features, and the final one containing a very nice cloth map, a paper map, and a hardcover art book.

One other note of interest, both parts of the Deathly Hollows include a 3D Blu-ray disc. While I have to admit that pt. 1 practically has no real 3D effects, pt. 2 is much better in 3D.

OK, now I know this has a hefty price tag, but when you consider what you get in it, I think that what you get is well worth the cost. This is a high quality set unlike anything I've seen before. I think it's mainly cardboard, but this stuff could practically be used in construction it's so tough. It is heavy, but it's also an item that has found a prominent place of display in my living room. It truly is gorgeous, and well constructed. Don't let all the negative "reviews" dissuade you as I did. If you are able to lay down the money, I know you will NOT be disappointed with this set. There is no need to ever have another release in the future, because this one is IT. I just don't see how it could be any better.

2,261 of 2,703 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars YEAH RIGHT! Here's what's NOT included:, March 2, 2012
Joey Gillis (Nutley, NJ USA) - See all my reviews

3) Director's cut of Order of the Phoenix. Sorry- I'm not buying another Harry Potter disc until I see this.

4) Digital Copy. The description promises "UltraViolet Digital Copy" which is a misrepresentation and WB should be sued for it. There is no COPY. There is a digital stream which requires signing up for another service (UltraViolet) and you cannot watch it without an internet connection. It is not a digital copy.

The above is what it would take for me to buy any new HP sets. Certainly no less. They have padded this with both Blu-ray and DVD copies to add more discs, plus 3-D version of DH2, and the only new content is some special features. Basically, you probably own everything in this box already except the 5 hours of new features.

Bottom line: not worth it. Tell WB to stop being cheap and milking this with crap box sets. It's time they gave us something substantial.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Very Detailed Guess at the Contents of the Wizards Collection, March 3, 2012
This is really, really long. It's intended as a counter point to WB being so vague with their details then asking such a high price.

Here is a Summary:
* This Collection contains all of the Ultimate Blu-ray sets plus 8 DVD movies. That's 31 disks total.
* The "5 hours of unreleased extra features" are the 2 extra features disks that would be in the Ultimate sets for movie 7 part 1 and 2. Those haven't been released yet so the statement is technically correct.
[UPDATE]
WB.com lists the new features as being:
"The Harry Potters You Never Met" tricks behind the major stunts in the series.
Deathly Hallows Part 1 Bonus Disc"Creating the World of Harry Potter, Pt. 7: Story"
Deathly Hallows Part 2 Bonus Disc "Creating the World of Harry Potter, Pt. 8: Growing Up" and

* The first two movies are extended (by 7 and 13 minutes) and the last two come in 3D. Everything else is the standard Blu-ray release of the films.
* There is an 8 part documentary created by WB that you can get one part at a time in the Ultimate sets or in it's entirety in this Wizards Collection. That's the bulk of the new extra features.
* The box appears to be cardboard. Really cool and fancy cardboard. They are trying to make it collectible by making it a "limited and numbered edition". As far as I can tell, there is nothing offered (the box or the special contents) that actually makes the set a collectible. It says you get a map too, but you can already buy those.
* If you REALLY like extra features, little picture books, 3D, and don't own any of the Ultimate sets then you will find the value of this collection to be... Okay.
* It's about $50 more than buying all the Ultimate sets individually.
* Look at the box sets released in France and you will either want to cry or punch someone when you realize how much better they are. I am not joking. ([...])
* WB states: "Check back to this product detail page for further details." -- [UPDATE] the WBshop just posted the same set with a new picture. It shows and bunch of cards and books and paper things as the collectible memorabilia, but doesn't list it out by in detail. [...]

If you are sitting there with money in hand and want to know what you are getting, read on. The rest of you can probably stop here unless you are a real Potter movie geek. I hate spending money and not knowing what I will get. This review is intended to answer that with a detailed analysis as the title suggests. I might be wrong in some places, but until WB releases more information, this is the best I can offer.

********************************************

I'll admit, I have been waiting for this set to be released. I bought the Harry Potter 7 book set when all of the books were printed and I intended to do the same thing when all the movies had been released. I do already own the movies. It's a hodge-podge set that inclused mostly DVD's and some Blu-ray that I purchased as each movie came out. There are even a few pre-viewed ones in there from the local video store. I think like most people looking at this set, I already own the movies on DVD.

I don't mind repurchasing them as, like I mentioned, I intended to get a nicely done complete set. The "all 8 movie complete set" released in 2011 didn't cut it though, those were just the movies and I have been waiting for the "ultimate edition box set" with all the extras and extended cuts. If you want all 8 movies on blu-ray, it can be had for $80 right now. The DVD set is $50. You only get 8 discs, just the movies. You won't get any all the extras and no extended editions with those sets. The general consensus when they were released was, "don't bother, there is a better set coming".

The information on the contents of the discs in the ultimate "Wizard's Set" here is sparse, but lets take a closer look. The content description says, "Contains 31 discs, inclusive of all content ever previously released" and I can only assume it is basically the combined box set of all the previous ultimate sets.

(As far as I can tell though, that doesn't mean the Full screen versions, thank goodness.)

I'll break down what was previously released and I think some logical conclusions will arise about what is in this box set. It appears that this compiles all of the Ultimate Edition Blu-ray sets you can currently buy plus some new extra features.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Three-Disc Ultimate Edition) [Blu-ray]
Disc 1 - BD Movie contains original and extended cut
Disc 2 - BD new documentary Part 1: The Magic Begins and extra features
Disc 3 - DVD extra features disk from original DVD release
Collectibles include: 48-Page Photo Book with rare images from Years 1-7 and 2 Ultimate Edition Character Cards (Card No. 1: Harry Potter, Card No. 2: Minerva McGonogall)

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Three-Disc Ultimate Edition) [Blu-ray]
Disc 1 - BD Movie contains original and extended cut
Disc 2 - BD new documentary Part 2: Characters and extra features
Disc 4 - digital copy
Collectibles include: 48-page hardcover book, Creating the Characters of Harry Potter with rare images from years 1-7 Two in a series of character cards

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Three-Disc Ultimate Edition) [Blu-ray]
Disc 2 - BD new documentary Part 3: Magical Creatures and extra features
Disc 3 - DVD extra features disk from original DVD release
COLLECTIBLES: 48-Page Creatures Photo Book with rare images from years 1-7 Year 3 lenticular card Two in a series of character cards: Hermione Granger & Sirius Black

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Ultimate Edition)
Disc 2 - BD new documentary Part 4: Sound and Music and extra features
COLLECTIBLES: 44-Page Sound & Music Photo Book with rare images from years 1-7
Year 4 lenticular card Two in a series of character cards: Ronald Weasley & Alastor "Mad-Eye" Moody
Downloadable digital copy

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Two-Disc Ultimate Edition) [Blu-ray]
Disc 2 - BD new documentary Part 5: Evolution and extra features
Disc 3 - DVD extra features disk from original DVD release
COLLECTIBLES: 48-Page Book with Rare Images from Years 1-7 Year 5 Lenticular Card Limited Edition Character Cards #9 Luna Lovegood #10 Dolores Umbridge

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Two-Disc Ultimate Edition) [Blu-ray]
Disc 2 - BD new documentary Part 6: Magical Effects and extra features
Collectibles include: 44-Page Book with Rare Images from Years 1-7 Year 5 Lenticular Card Limited Edition Character Cards: #11 Draco Malfoy & #12 Albus Dumbledore

[The Ultimate Edition set hasn't been released for HP 7 parts 1 and 2 yet]

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1 3D (Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack with Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray, DVD & Digital Copy) [Blu-ray 3D]
Disc 2 - BD extra features
Disc 3 - BD Movie 3D copy
Disc 4 - Original DVD release

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part Two (Blu-ray 3D/Blu-ray/DVD + Digital Copy)
Disc 2 - BD extra features
Disc 3 - BD Movie 3D copy
Disc 4 - Original DVD release

The first two movies have extended versions, though it doesn't sound extrememly notable like the extended LOTR. Sorcerer's Stone gets 7 extra minutes and Chamber of Secrets gets 13 extra minutes.

The last two movies Deathly Hallows Parts 1 and 2 are the only movies with 3-D versions.

From what I have read, the original WB press release on the individual "ultimate" sets claimed that each film was going to get extended cuts, but only Chris Columbus added these. Plans to extend the rest seemed to have been cut due to director interference and budget issues. I wouldn't look for this any time soon (ever?). Which is a shame.

There seems to be an 8-part documentary series called "Creating the World of Harry Potter" that was released one section at a time with each ultimate set. The last two ultimate sets haven't been released. I can only assume the last two parts of the documentary would be in this Wizards Collection.

Unfortunately, unlike the UK release, this does not contain a digital copy. It is an "Ultraviolet Digital Copy". You can find more information on this online, but basically it is a streaming service you sign up for and add the movies to using a code. It requires an internet connection to use.

For extra features, as far as I can tell, movies 1-5 went to DVD first, the Blu-ray versions were introduced years later. The ultimate sets included a new BD with new extra features and then included the original DVD "disc 2" with the old extra features. Starting with movie 6, Half-Blood Prince, the extras were on BD and DVD. However, compare the "2 disc Blu-ray" and "3 disc DVD" sets. The Blu-ray set combined both the old DVD extras and the new BD extras into a single BD disc. That will be important below.

This new box set "Contains 31 discs, inclusive of all content ever previously released, in addition to over 5 hours of never before seen special features. 18 movie discs"

Assuming they release the same discs as were used in the previous ultimate releases:
2 - BD with movie and extended cuts
6 - BD with movie
2 - BD 3-D print for the last two movies
Then add:
8 - Original DVD movies
= 18 movie discs

Now that leaves 13 discs for the extra features.
I count 13 extra features discs in the sets above. That's 8 BD and 5 DVD.

Remember, this new wizard set is boasting "over 5 hours of never before seen special features". That will likely be composed of a few hours of the last two parts of the 8 part documentary series plus something else. I had though the extra 5 hours would just be a new disc for the Wizard Collection. After looking closely at what WB did with the Half-Blood Prince Ultimate 2 disc set, I changed my mind.

It just says "5 hours" of new unreleased special features. The Deathly Hallows Part 1 and 2 ultimate sets have not been released, but I think they already have the new special features Blu-ray disc produced that would appear in the ultimate sets and just like with movie 6, it would combine all the extras into a single disc. This disc will replace the old BD disc released with the previous Blu-ray sets for movie 7 and would have new material. Namely Parts 7 and 8 of the documentary series they had been releasing. Those two discs together will contain the 5 extra hours of new features in this Wizard Collection. That still adds up to 13 discs so the math works out as well.

[update]
WB.com lists this info: (direct quote)
Nearly 4 hours of features including: All New! "The Harry Potters You Never Met" - Watch how thrilling stunts from the films were performed, and learn about the tricks behind the major stunts in the series. · Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1 Bonus Disc o Over 2 hours of features including: All New! "Creating the World of Harry Potter, Pt. 7: Story" · Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 Bonus Disc o Over 4 hours of features including: All New! "Creating the World of Harry Potter, Pt. 8: Growing Up" and All New! Extended "A Conversation with JK Rowling and Daniel Radcliffe" with 15 minutes of new footage.

The digital copy won't be on a disc. That appears to be all contained within the Ultraviolet streaming service.

Extras:
The ultimate sets already released had a series of small 44-48 page books that coordinated with the part of the extra features documentary released with each movie.

The Wizard Collection information set currently says, "Includes multiple specially-produced, collectable [their typo] memorabilia items, including concept art, a Map of Hogwarts and much more! Check back to this product detail page for further details."
[UPDATE]
The WBshop posted the same set with a new picture showing the extras. It looks like books, postcards, and other flat printed material. There are no detailed descriptions.

I'll assume that will contain the books. Possibly the cards from the above ultimate sets. Plus a "map of hogwarts" which could really only be a Harry Potter Marauder's Map. But it might not be as large as the ones on amazon and thinkgeek, who knows? warnerbros.com has no Marauder's Map for sale on their site any more, I can only assume they pulled all of their stock because it went to this box set release?

You do get the neat fold-out box to contain everything. As far as I can tell, this is high quality printed cardboard/paperboard. I have two issues with it: 1) you can't get to the movies if there is anything around the box, such as other movies on a shelf. 2) from the pictures, it looks like the drawers are much too wide for the DVD's contained within and I expect to see lots of wasted space.

===============================

Having said all that, do I think it is worth the money? Well $350 is a lot for this set. The $500 list price is a joke, it is set that high so they can mark it down.

WB has previsouly released some of these movies over a dozen times in different forms and I think 99% of the people looking at this set already have some or all of the movies, probably the early ones on DVD. Unlike when Star Wars was released on Blu-ray, all of these have already been out on Blue-ray and in 3D and the two extended editions can be found individually. There needs to be enough new value to make the set worth it.

If I wanted to buy all 6 of the ultimate sets plus the two 4 disc with 3-D sets of movie 7 that I linked at above, right now today (March 2, 2012) from Amazon, it would cost me $312. They range from $35-$50 a set. If the last two 3D versions dropped in price from about $50 to $35 to match the rest of them, then you are looking at about $280. Used sets and shopping around might lower that more. This could be even cheaper if you don't want 3D, and a lot of people don't judging on 3D TV sales.

That $312 is almost the price of this ultimate wizards set. The wizards set adds value with the fancy storage box, the 5 hours of new extra features, and a map (plus possibly something they haven't announced).

If you just want the movies, you can get all 8 for $80 on Blu-ray or $50 on DVD.

If you just want the extended movies, you can buy the ultimate sets of movies 1 and 2 for less than $40 each.

The digital copies (ultraviolet streaming service) are a joke and I don't consider them to be adding any value at all.

The lack of extended versions really hurts the value of this box set in my mind. The only real added value are the new BD extra features and the fancy box.

If you really like extra features, I am going to have to say that despite the really high price, it is about the same as buying all the ultimate sets up individually and might be worth the money. The Ultimate sets and Wizards Collection will have 8 BD worth of extra features not seen on the 2 disc DVD and BD releases (assuming they release the ultimate sets for the last two movies). However, I am not seeing a lot of value added over what I already own. I have the last two movies in Blu-Ray and could get the first 6 ultimate sets for $210 and be pretty happy. I would only be missing out on 5 hours of extra features, a box, the map, and 3D version of the last two movies. I would be paying $140 less than the current pre-order price for this Wizard Set.

If you don't like extras, but want Blu-Ray, you can get those movies for $80 and if you have all of the 2 disc DVD collections you will have 20 of the 31 discs contained in this set.

At $350 for the Wizard set, you are paying $43 for each ultimate set. Or to put that another way, if you could find each ultimate set for $35 and bought 8 of them, you would be paying the extra $70 for the fancy box and map contained in this Wizard Collection.

Realistically, if this new wizards set was around $250 I would consider it a good value (that would be like getting each ultimate set for $31 and a free extra storage box). Box sets like these are generally expected to have some bulk savings over buying everything individually, but I think WB is looking to create a collectors item and raise the price, even though the contents don't warrant that treatment. To make it a real collectors item, there needs to be something here besides the cardboard storage box that you can't get anywhere else. In the current announcement, there isn't.

At the $350 price I am more wary about the purchase. At $500 I wouldn't even consider the purchase. Even though I waited to buy this set, I don't know if I will. Perhaps a more detailed official announcement with details making it sound like an actual collectible item will sway my decision.

==============================

One last thing. They really could have made the box nicer. I don't mean that as wishful thinking. Check out what was ALREADY released in France (for about $250 USD). Both of these, even now, can be found second hand for around $500USD plus import shipping.

A wooden box with a drawer on front to hold the movies (no folding out sides) and a stand for holding the Elder wand (included). Also all 8 films in Blu-ray and 3 bonus discs. This set is classy and I really wish I could have one.

Intégrale Harry Potter 11 Blu-ray - Edition limitée spécifique Amazon.fr
[...]
This one has Hogwarts Castle resin hand painted with plexiglass cover and a nice wooden drawer containing all 6 of the ultimate edition Blu-ray sets underneath.

Coffret Intégrale Harry Potter 1 à 6 - Edition Prestige limitée Château de Poudlard [Blu-ray]
[...]
If they had made a nice heirloom box like these, even if the wand stand didn't come with a wand (you can buy the Harry Potter Official Collector's Wand - The Elder Wand for about $25) I could see A LOT more value in the sets and it would be a real nice collectible way to store the movies.

1,160 of 1,407 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars Warner Brothers, stop punishing HP fans!, March 6, 2012
M. G. Pollock (Redmond, WA USA) - See all my reviews
I am a huge Harry Potter fan. I am willing to spend good money on a seriously fantastic DVD/Blu-Ray/Digital set, as long as it's actually worthwhile. Meaning it's full of truly never-before-seen footage and extended versions. This set is just a re-packaged (and overly-packaged, IMHO) load of everything else that's already been released. And the price...AYFKM?! Cruel, greedy, lousy, money-mongering, ungrateful--this is what Warner Brothers has become towards HP fans. The ones who have seen its movies repeatedly at the theater and who have already bought all the other HP releases, as well as a ton of its other HP-related products. Thanks, but no thanks. Give us something we want and something we truly deserve, and then price it so that people can actually buy it without having to feel utterly gouged. As Ron would say, "Bloody hell!"

1.0 out of 5 stars What's the Point?, March 7, 2012
Gene (Chicago, Illinois USA) - See all my reviews
No extended versions of the last 6 films? Why not? Extended versions of many of these films have been broadcast on TV. What's the problem? I think I'll pass.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wizard's Collection is Perfect!!!, September 8, 2012
Just received my package today. Wow! This thing is huge and heavy. When I pulled it out of the box, I was seriously impressed by the quality. It looks and feels, like a leather bound case. Very thick and sturdy. Metal hinges and metal drawer pulls. Extremely well built and impressive. The discs are in thick book like containers, in pull out drawers, lined with black velvet linings. I was trying to be so gentle and careful as I explored this beautiful set. At first I was so excited but then noticed I had not found all of the items yet. Where are the maps, book and special bonus disc at? But I then realized that this beautiful case holds secrets of its own. Magical secret compartments. Oooohhhh! The first secret compartment wasn't too difficult to find. It contained the maps, and book. But where is the bonus disc hidden? I started emptying the drawers, looking under the black velvet linings. Nope, not there. Examined the lid, nope, examined the front lid that lays flat, nope. Under case, nope. But then I found it! Brilliantly hidden! I pulled it out and there was the bonus disc. Finding and exploring this case to find the hidden compartments was just brilliant. I'm not going to tell you, just where, exactly they're hidden. That's for you to find out for yourself and have fun doing so. I waited all these years, because I just knew a massive collection would be released. And now I finally have it. Any Harry Potter fan would be thrilled to own this. Glad I waited, it was totally worth it. 50 points to Gryffindor!

5.0 out of 5 stars I am very pleased with this collection!, September 8, 2012
Diana Newberry (Harrison, AR USA) - See all my reviews
The Harry Potter Wizard's Collection is amazing. It seemed kind of pricey to me at first, but upon arrival I realized that it is worth it! The case itself is huge and has a leather feel on the outside. It is modeled like a trunk from HP. There are five drawers and three other cleverly concealed openings inside. Each movie and beautiful design on each book like case. I also like that there is a bonus DVD as well. There is a cute scroll with a code to get digital copies of each movie. I did not realize this upon ordering, but you also receive a Noble Collection horcrux necklace. The necklace alone sells for fifty bucks at noblecollection.com. Basically this set is amazing! There are the movies in blu-ray and DVD as well as hours of special features and behind the scenes. I like the extras as well. The labels book and prop book are very interesting and nice quality. I loved the large cloth map of Hogwarts and surrounding areas and the sketches/art prints. I recommend this set as it is unique and limited edition. (You can ignore reviews for this from before September 7th since that is when the collection was released. I preordered and received my set on September 7th).

5.0 out of 5 stars Ignore the haters; Examine the facts, July 31, 2013
Let's get a couple things out of the way:

1. Extended editions only exist for Sorcerer's Stone and Chamber of Secrets. All the people complaining that they won't buy anything until they see extended editions for the other 6 movies don't seem to understand that what they want does not, and will never, exist. ABC Family has spliced in the deleted scenes to their TV broadcasts to give the appearance of extended editions for the other movies.

2. Nearly all of the bonus footage and extra documentaries etc. is identical to what is contained in the Ultimate Editions. There is one bonus disc with a limited amount of unique special features in this product.

Now that we've cleared that up, here's what you need to know if you are considering buying this. If you want all of the special features that exist you need to either buy this Wizard's Collection or buy the 7 Ultimate Editions individually. If you buy the Wizard's Collection you get the awesome display box that looks like a Weasley's Skiving Snackbox. It comes with the secret compartments and all the special knick knacks that are only available through this product. If you buy the Ultimate Editions you will get 7 seperate movie cases that will all fit onto the shelf with your other DVDs/BRs.

So you need to ask yourself, "Is the price difference between the Wizard's Collection and the Ultimate Editions worth it to get the knick knacks and display box?" I answered yes and bought the Wizard's Collection and am very happy that I did.

As of today, the Ultimate Editions are selling on Amazon for about $38 each. 7 X $38 = $266. If you're going to spend $266 to buy all 7 Ultimate Editions, is it worth it to you to spend (insert todays price for the Wizard's Collection) to get the same footage plus the knick knacks and display box?

PS--Happy Birthday Harry! Happy Birthday JK!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Ultimate Collection, September 7, 2012
I just received the limited edition ultimate box yesterday, yes it costs a pretty penny but is completely worth it, each movie has about 4 discs of extra feature, and the newer movies even include a 3D version if you have a 3D TV for it. The memorabilia is awesome too, they have a limited edition blueprint of Hogwarts, a tapestry style print of the Hogwarts layout, a book of "artifacts" from production, a book of labels, a scroll style listing for all the DVDS with a code for the UltraViolet versions. The DVD covers themselves are amazing, each one has it's own individual color scheme that matches the feeling of the movie and each disc matches the box it comes in. My edition was the limited numbered edition because I pre-ordered, not sure if those are available still, but my edition also came with a Horcrux recreation, which was awesome, it's the Slytherin locket, and all the compartments are secret because I had to have my husband help me find some of the stuff which is awesome the way they put it together. Only thing is it's HEAVY like 20 pounds and won't fit on a shelf, but I think it's totally worth it. So even though the 350$ price tag is a little steep, I think this is a must have for any true Potter fan.

Rate and Discover Movies