Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on October 12, 2013
I have many things to say, but this will be kept short in order to avoid spoilers.

The Wolf Among Us is an adaptation of the Comic series Fables. It is sold as an adventure game, but really, the puzzles are pretty lightweight and not so numerous. You could say that this is actually a piece of interactive storytelling, with choices to make that have an impact on the story's flow. Developers Telltale have essentially applied the same treatment to this comic series as they have with The Walking Dead last year.

Of course, it's hard to judge the game when only the first episode, which can be completed in just over two hours, has been released. But what we have here is very promising. The first thing one notices is that the art style is stunning: it's reminiscent of The Walking Dead game, but with a different, brighter palette. Then comes the story, a whodunnit, which starts a bit slowly but gets captivating after the first 30 minutes. The decisions you have to make as a player are not always as agonizing as in The Walking Dead, but this is to be expected: In the earlier game, everything was a matter of life and death. Nevertheless, by the end of the episode,I knew my patience would be tested while waiting for the next one! And that is the best indicator that This is another winner game for Telltale.
on January 2, 2014
I was extremely excited for this new TellTale game, and had immense joy playing it!

....

I played this game over 4 months ago, right at it's release. No word from TellTale about further updates, nothing. They dropped this game so they could release their Walking Dead Game Season 2 as quickly as possible. This game had amazing potential, but because of the companies lackluster support and updates, I have to give it 3 stars.

For those that had to get the game through their website, we had to wait hours and hours after release before we were able to get the download, although those that got it through Steam were able to play immediately. Again, during that, we received no word from TellTale. And afterwards, they offered Steam codes of the game to those who ordered from their website. But for those of us that ordered from amazon or other places that LED us to the website for download and purchase, we got nothing. Even though we were in the same situation as the others.

The game is amazing. But I advise you to wait until all the episodes are out until you buy it, because then you won't be left with a cliffhanger for over 4 months.
on January 15, 2014
I was a little unsure of this purchase to be honest, but good word of mouth and reviews convinced me to try this game and I am really glad I did! You play as sheriff Bigsbe, a sherif for a magical town set in New York. Your job is to keep law and order, naturally, though the twist is that the town is made up of magical inhabitants, fairy tale characters to be precise. You are formerly the 'Big Bad' wolf and you work with snow white. You get to meet the toad, as beauty, the beast as well as some lesser known fairy tale characters. The game is done in cartoon style, but done well. The voice acting is good and well synched to the characters lips. Also worth noting this game gives you a myriad of choices to make which will directly affect how characters react to you as well as the game itself. A very good game with about 2 - 2 1/2 hours of mission on the first episode with definite replayability options, though I like a lot of folks I reckon am waiting to replay the game until after seeing the entire story unfold
VINE VOICEon October 20, 2013
Disclosure: Played as a PSN download

It seems TellTale has found, and mastered, a niche: Take a comic book (okay, okay...'graphic novel'), and make it interactive by turning it into a video game. While that rarely seems to work when a company tries to do the same with a movie, TellTale has expanded on what they did perfectly with The Walking Dead and given gamers and comic book fans alike another fantastic release with The Wolf Among Us.

The Wolf Among Us is based on Bill Willingham's Fables comic book series. And unlike The Walking Dead where the characters were mostly different but lived in a parallel time period as the characters in the source material, the characters in The Wolf Among Us are straight out of the source material. I was a huge fan of The Walking Dead comic before I played the TellTale game, but I have not read the Fables comics, so I cannot confirm whether or not the game follows the comic book storyline. My understanding is that it does not, but I'll come back and clarify that once I do indeed confirm.

But like The Walking Dead Game, you certainly don't have to have read the comics to enjoy this game; just be sure that you are planning to get into and be part of a story-rich experience. And here's the gist: Turns out that fairy tale creatures created in writing (or film) actually `come to life', and many of them have taken residence in an area of New York City called...you guessed it... Fabletown. The sheriff, Bigby Wolf, that's right..."Big Bad Wolf," is protector of all the Fabletown characters, and when one of them is murdered, you take on the role of Sheriff Bigby and try to figure out whodunit.

Along the way in just the first episode you'll meet characters from stories such as Little Red Riding Hood, the Three Little Pigs, Snow White, The Wind in the Willows, The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, Beauty and the Beast, Beowulf, The Wizard of Oz and a couple of other popular (and not so popular) fairy tales. But these characters are a bit...shall we say...out of character as they curse, party hearty and behave quite differently from that in which the stories that created them. The game earns its M rating.

There are plenty of action sequences, but your time in this game is mostly spent literally being a part of the story making some tough (and some not so tough) decisions. It's the tough decisions that will affect how the rest of the game unfolds for you, and you'll have to live with the consequences of every option you choose.

TellTale has done it again: The Wolf Among Us is excellent...especially for just a point and click. It's a gritty and graphic interactive comic book, and it's very story-rich. The graphics are appropriately very comic-bookesque. And as far as gameplay, I really do feel like I'm a character in a comic book! You might not like this game if shooters or action games are your thing. You will love this game if you read comics and graphic novels as I do. Check this game out, or I'll huff and I'll puff and....
on October 10, 2015
Based on the, Fables, comic series by Bill Willingham comes, The Wolf Among Us, by Telltale Games.

It's the mid 1980s. The New York City night life is bright. And out of a taxi cab steps a man. Well, not exactly a man, but a wolf. His name is Bigby Wolf. And a long time ago he was known as, The Big Bad Wolf. But Bigby is now the sheriff of a low key community called, Fabletown. Residents of Fabletown are all fables from the classic stories of The Brothers Grimm and Hans Christian Anderson. The reason they live in New York now is because they were driven out of their homelands. One night, a mysterious girl is murdered and her head is left at Bigby's doorstep. And so the story begins...

There's 5 episodes in this game that feels like a TV series. Gameplay is based on dialog choices, quick time events, and some free roaming. And within the choices are 5 main ones that appear statistically at the end of each episode. Throughout the game, you can choose how to play Bigby. Is he a good guy trying to redeem himself or still The Big Bad Wolf? In the end, justice will still be served.

The Wolf Among Us is a unique and enjoyable game. It has a well written story, a cool 80s sounding soundtrack, and great humor and mystery elements. I highly recommend playing it.
on June 4, 2015
Good game, mostly choices but it was an interesting introduction to the Fables and their world. I won't be checking out the comic book series, but I have enjoyed the game.

Some choices just lead to the same place, but you can change up the story by making new choices.
on January 5, 2015
Exceeded my expectations as a game. I wish there were more variations on how it can end up. The story is pretty linear, and it feels like your choices only change the story at surface level. Choices don't really make much of a difference. The story is epic. I was hooked and couldn't put it down. I played all of the episodes in 1 sitting. I wish you could download other episodes while playing the current one.
on October 14, 2013
The Wolf Among Us is a five part story that incorporates characters and situations from the Fables comic series. It's dark, it's gritty, and the characters are amazingly adapted. Like Telltale's Walking Dead series, it's best to think of this as a choose your own interactive adventure than a typical adventure game. The story and the choices make up most of the gameplay. It's never particularly difficult, but the game forces you to make decisions quickly that impact the story.

My biggest complaint is that I have to wait for the remaining episodes. Part 1 was amazing. The first episode lasts around 2 hours (your mileage will vary) and I assume the remaining episodes will follow that trend.
on August 17, 2014
I loved this game, I've always loved point & click adventures but this one took it to a new level for me. I haven't played The Walking Dead yet but I most likely will now. I loved the familiar point&click but the fast paced action scenes were a great addition! At first I thought the game was going to be slow paced but it quickly picked up. I really enjoyed having choices and yes, sometimes I had regrets.... but the best part is I can replay it and find out how things could have gone instead. All in all I loved this game. The characters are diverse and interesting, the atmosphere is dark. It definitely satisfied my craving for a good point & click adventure. Looking forward to Season 2!!
on April 11, 2016
Mythology has largely replaced religion in modern day philosophy, computer games have taken over for storytelling, and Telltale Games is one of the best companies out there for adventure style gaming.

The Wolf Among Us follows a modern trend of cultural revival and dystopia which is brought about by the Twenty First Century's fascination with existential crisis. With edgy graphic novel style animation and attractive but gritty main characters, the game draws you in quickly.

The adapted Grimm's Fairy Tale stars have been drawn back out of Disnefication and thrown into the real world in New York City where they have hidden among us for a hundred years. Unfortunately being a princess or a pig does not prepare you for city life so Fabletown is very dark and insular policed by you- the Big Bad Wolf.

Fables caught without their glamour are sent back to the Farm where they live with the other washouts in a presumably less real otherworld, as it is a terrifying punishment for the characters. Unfortunately, like most self policed areas, Fabletown is devolving into gang activity and you are acting as much as a hard boiled detective as a certified Sheriff.

The hook is- can you beat your bad rap and still make it in an area that is as mean as Fabletown, and in defending your own innocence, can you protect what little innocence the Fables have left?