Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on August 7, 2013
I just received this, so I can't speak to longevity.

What I can speak to is the way that this winder came to me. Triple boxed with extra cardboard so our friends at UPS didn't spoil the day. Opened the snazzy black factory box and the winder is in basically a big 'Wolf' emblazoned cloth 'sock'. I could tell immediately that people who actually cared about their product built and packaged this. In fact, the packaging of the watch winder was far superior to the Rolex I just received. Sad but true.

The winder is beautifully crafted, the attention to detail excellent, and it's very easy to setup. Took 10 minutes to get three watches rotating.

It's dead silent, and the bonus space for 5 'sport' watches and some other jewelry is great.

I like it so much, I'm buying another one (well) in advance of my next three 'automatics'. :-)

FYI - if you need to determine how many and in what direction your particular automatic watch prefers, check out [...]
on November 27, 2014
I have two of these and owned them for a few years now. They still look and perform flawlessly. They are whisper quiet, have multiple setting for rotations and directional winding (any combination you could need), attractive digital displays and the storage unit on top is excellent for storing watches that don't need winding (quartz, handwind) or straps. Also a travel case for sticking in your luggage for those of us that love to switch to different watches when on trips. I literally have not had a single issue with these 2.7 winders and Wolf is the only brand I trust to get the job done. Price be damned. (I once had a different brand that worked okay but the magnets on some lower end winders will disrupt a see-through caseback on your watches throwing timing out of whack- that DOES NOT happen with the step up in quality to this winder. It took a pro to point this out to me at my local watch retailer and the problem with that issue went away (I have two watches with see through casebacks) immediately once I bought these. (*Hat-Tip to Feldmar in LA for that*) From big divers to elegant dress watches, if you want quality, for quality timepieces, you can't go wrong here.

To note: Some have complained of the winder being big (it is). It is also portable with battery operation optional (again, if need be(. I am not going to ding it for size. That is something that can be known by reading the dimensions before buying and to me, is not a reason for deterrent of a review. I am about a foot away from these beauties right now and I'd add a photo if I could easily transfer it from my phone, but alas, you'll have to take my word for it. Enjoy!
on September 5, 2013
Since you have spent a lot more money on your self-winding watches, perhaps a relatively expensive watch winder is easier to justify. This watch winder is beautiful, very quiet, and function as advertised. It is bigger than it looks in the picture so please check the dimensions. One thing I don't like is the lock. It is more like an "advisory" lock rather than a "mandatory" lock since it doesn't really function well. I much prefer a simpler design to open and close the thing.

The remaining question is whether it will last. I guess I will see to that.
on January 12, 2013
My winder broke within 1 year. It's covered under warranty and it's now 2 months and no replacement has been sent. The worst customer service department I have ever dealt with. Be warned, their products are cheaply made and customer service does not care.
on November 23, 2015
This is my third Wolf winder, and they all work great. I've read of reliability problems in other reviews but have not experienced any myself in over a year with my other winders. They're just "set and forget", and keep all the watches ready to wear and in good condition. Highly recommended for people who own automatic watches.
on July 17, 2016
The good: nice and simple configurability; very useful storage; compact; nice padding and soft fabric lining; and not just quiet -- silent.

The bad: poorly designed latch; not *ideal* for the small-wristed.

On the whole, I like this winder a great deal. Hence the 4 stars. The things I like about it don't require much explanation, though, so this will mostly be about the things I don't. My biggest complaint, by far, is the ergonomic design. The push-button latch has enough resistance, and the unit is light enough, that you can't just press the button and open the thing. You have to hold the unit still with your other hand. Otherwise, it'll just slide away from you. This seems like a nuisance easily detected and fixed in the prototyping phase, so I'm not sure why it wasn't. A company that's been around as long as Wolf should be better at this.

Second, if you have small wrists and therefore have taken links out of your watch bracelets, the cushions are not going to fit your watches terribly well. I can't close the clasps on mine, which leaves them not quite as secure on the cushions as I'd like. I tried stuffing a cotton ball between the clasp and the back of the cushion, but that kept the cushion from fully seating in the barrel.

Those two things aside, I really like this winder. Four stars.
on December 27, 2014
After a month of tryout on this winder, combination of different number of rotations and directions, I believe the it is worth the price. As many other mentioned, it is very quiet when at full operation. I sit about four feet away cannot hear rotations of gears. It appears the number of rotation is not determine by the weight of watch but rather the size, bigger watch requires more rotation. I started all three sockets at 750 counterclockwise and clockwise, my smaller watch 40.5 mm stainless steel case with stainless steel band requires 750 each way to keep it going. However, my 43mm with rubber straps, which is considerable lighter, requires 850 to keep it fully winded. I saw previous reviews this winder does not work so I try to figure out if it will be my issue, which turns out fine for me. If you keep watch clasp on tight of cushion then insert the cushion until clicks, this winder should do the trick.
on June 12, 2013
If you’re going to own an expensive perpetual winding watch, you need to make peace with the cost of maintaining it. Failing to keep your watch properly wound can be a nuisance, particularly if you own one or more date set models.

I found this to be an exceptional winder. It’s quiet, reliable, and attractive. This made in USA device is crafted with all the options one would desire in a quality winder, including adjustable, bi-directional winding features. Don’t waste your money on cheap off-shore models, you definitely get what you pay for with winders and you’ll be sorry you didn’t spend the extra money.

Keep an eye on the sales and you can score one of these models for considerably less than MSRP retail.
on January 4, 2012
Def would recommend this product. It quiet and very easy to use. The product is stylish and a must have for a man that wants an amazing watch winder.
on November 21, 2013
Packaging and product finish was excellent. The leather was of good quality and so was the silk used as lining. The manual was detailed enough to setup up the winder and use immediately. Overall it is a great product and at a good discounted price. I have two issues with it however:
1) The left most winder would not turn and was blinking red. Even without the insert and a watch, it would not turn. I had to manually try to turn it to get it started. It was quite odd and alarming but considering the product has a 2 year warranty, I wasn't too worried.
2) The compartment for the travel case has a bookmark-like thing to help you remove the case. However the end is not sealed and it looks like it will fray.
These were enough for me to deduct 1 star out of an otherwise great product. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a winder with storage for more watches.