Questions & Answers
Wolf Hall
by Hilary Mantel
3.6 out of 5 stars (1,706)
$21.39
Add to cart
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 questions
votes
I am seeing this more and more. I have already written to one publisher and will continue to lobby for reasonable Kindle prices. It costs next to nothing to create the e-version of a book and they only have to do it once and can sell it over and over and over. I refuse to be swindled just because I own a Kindle. There are a lot of great books out there that I won't be reading because of these practices.
Jan 22, 2012 by Amber Hudson
votes
I liked Wolf Hall, and I also liked "The Girl" books. Agree that Umberto Eco is great, Dan Brown not so much!
Aug 24, 2010 by Appolonia
votes
How many pages? Aug 28, 2013
About 400
Aug 28, 2013 by Seymour Hamilton
votes
because macmillan wants more money for the ebook, they want $ 14.95( in the US) for it instead of the $11.99 that we paid for it last October. boycott macmillan.
Feb 13, 2010 by M. Liem
votes
Wolf Hall brings history to life with memorable characters. I learned so much more about Henry VIII and the power struggles of Europe than I ever did in school. And yet it was engaging and always enjoyable. I especially recommend the audio version as the narrator gave personality and voice to the many historical figures.
Sep 18, 2013 by Deb Atwood, author of Moonlight Dancer
votes
it is a great book, part history (it makes no difference if you know little or nothing much about the period or the characters), part novel (greatly accomplished), fully enjoyable and after you finish it, get ready for the next one; "bring up the bodies"
Sep 18, 2013 by jose gomez
votes
I think it is hard to read (It took me three atempts to finally get engaged) because when she tells the story from Thomas Crowell point of view, so most of the times she refers to him as "he". So sometimes I thought she meant someone else, but when she said "he", she always meant Thomas Cromwell. After realizing that, the book became easy to read. I have already bought Bring Up the Bodies (haven´t started reading it yet), which I think I will enjoy.
Aug 8, 2013 by Fabiola Queiroz
votes
The second book is called "Bring Up the Bodies," and the third is "The Mirror and the Light."
May 9, 2013 by Jennifer
votes
I saw a tremendous amount of growth from a Place of Greater Safety (her first novel) to Wolf Hall. Both books are psychological profiles of misunderstood political figures. While I loved Safety, I thought there were points where she loss control of the narrative. In Wolf Hall, however, she held a tight rein: there was not an excessive word or scene. We see his strengths and weaknesses; we see how he set himself up for a fall.
Aug 28, 2010 by Elvira Morton
votes
While on the device, with wireless on, you can "save for later". Not like being able to make a wish list from the computer, but all that's available for now.
Nov 30, 2009 by fixin2
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

Search Questions and Answers