4.0 out of 5 stars Rich and dysfunctional
The even split between 1-start and 5-star reviews is very telling - you'll either love it or hate it, there seems to be very few in between. In short, the book is an over the top, fast paced, recount of non-stop drug abuse, sex, money laundering schemes, and stock manipulation. About halfway through the book I had to go online to confirm that this is, in fact, a...
Published on September 21, 2008 by Ilya Grigorik

2.0 out of 5 stars Well, At Least He Loves Himself
I love business/Wall Street books as I work at a regional investment firm. Also, the movie "Boiler Room" is one of my favorites and supposedly this is the firm it was modeled after. Unfortunately this guy tries to be too cute in his writing style and he's not nearly as funny as he thinks. He wants to impress you with his drug use and his wild life and also manages to...
Published on November 25, 2007 by R. Spell

‹ Previous | 111 12 1396 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Riveting!!, February 21, 2014
You can't help but feel 'in on' Jordan's schemes. Though he may not be the hero of the story, you can't help but root for him.... wondering what is going to happen next.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, February 21, 2014
Jordan Belfort was great in this book, I did not know a person could take so many drugs and still be alive. I can'y wait to see the picture.

5.0 out of 5 stars great read and slightly different than the movie, February 20, 2014
The read was funny and well composed the metaphors were always Funny. Next up is his next book. I hope it's going be as humorous as this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars entertaining, February 15, 2014
Very easy, very fun to read. I read it in two days. Once I started I couldn't stop reading. Recommended if you like stories based in real life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, February 11, 2014
The book is amazing. It reads as smooth as watching the movie with just a little bit more detail that keeps me so much more interested.

3.0 out of 5 stars Questionable believability, February 6, 2014
Robert Leeper (Charlotte, NC, USA) - See all my reviews
I have found this book tedious and not very believable. Numerous and repetitive descriptions or accounts of things that happened while being high on a variety of drugs. The whole thing seems like something that could not possibly be recalled from a person in that state. The book is way too long.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bad language, but very funny in places., February 1, 2014
This book is very funny, but deals with bad language and even worse behavior on the part of most of the principle characters. But if you are a recovering addict or alcoholic, the adventure through early recovery is a must-read. It is a good reminder about what is still waiting for us recovering folks, if we make the terrible decision to go out and try it "just one more time".

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, January 26, 2014
Read it after I saw the film and am glad I did. Belfort's autobiography couldn't have been more entertaining. Loved every page.

5.0 out of 5 stars great fun debauchery of a book, January 26, 2014
Great piece similar to the likes of the debaucherous greats. This book is about success and excess . The pitfalls and the glory behind the whole experience.

3.0 out of 5 stars great book..but.., January 24, 2014
I wish I would have researched further and maybe gone to a couple different websites before committing to this seller. I believe there's a bit of price gouging going on here because the book was made into a movie(the original price of the book was 24.95, I paid 40.00)...I guess you live and learn..!!

‹ Previous | 111 12 1396 | Next ›

The Wolf of Wall Street
The Wolf of Wall Street by Jordan Belfort (Paperback - August 26, 2008)
$16.00 $9.30
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.