5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good...
So far this has been a great little oven. I have yet to use the rotisserie, which is the main thing I was looking for in an oven. Here are the pros and cons:

Published on March 15, 2010 by Nathan E. David

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed in this product
Published on November 23, 2010 by CrochetGranny7

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good..., March 15, 2010
This review is from: Wolfgang Puck BTOBR0040 Bistro Collection Convection Oven with Pizza Baker (Kitchen)

PROS: The first test for this oven was biscuits. I have never before owned a toaster oven that would cook biscuits without burning them on the top and leaving them raw everywhere else. I have always had to place aluminum foil on top of biscuits until done and then remove it for them to brown, when using toaster ovens. With this little oven I tried biscuits the first thing, and to my amazement they cooked perfectly to golden brown on top and all over, and they were not raw anywhere. They were Pillsbury frozen biscuits too! I think I used the lower rack, and I cooked them on the baking screen that came with the unit. This was a real joy.

The next thing I tried was the pizza oven. I'd read reviews on a slightly more expensive Wolfgang Puck oven that is available on Kohls and HSN, so when I saw this other Wolfgang Puck oven on Amazon with zero reviews, I assumed that it must be a newer released unit that addressed the negative reviews on Wolfgang Puck's other more expensive unit. I think that I may be right about that, because the only negative reviews on that other oven addressed overcooking pizzas and leaving them raw, its being over priced, and its difficult touch controls. This oven perfectly cooks even-frozen pizzas; it has dial controls, and it is $30 cheaper than the other available model that I previously considered. I put a frozen Digiornio's rising crust supreme pizza into this little oven's pizza chamber and it came out perfect in about 25 minutes. It was fully cooked, and it had a perfectly golden brown crust.

The only tests that this oven needs for me to be fully convinced of its value is its rotisserie and its overall durability. My last toaster oven, an el cheapo GE from Wally World, did great rotisserie chickens, but the least little jar that hit the oven (eg. dropped a chicken while loading the rotisserie... fell only about three inches), and the oven never worked again. If this Wolfgang Puck oven does as well on rotisserie chicken as it does on pizzas and biscuits, and if it lasts for several years, then I will be 100% sold on this product.

CONS: If there is anything that I am not sure of it is the door latch. It looks sturdy enough, but it just feels kind of soft. It probably is going to be just fine, but it does sort of make you feel creepy when you close the oven door.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy with purchase, March 20, 2010
My fiance didn't have an oven in her apartment. Since I am moving in with her in a few months I wanted to do something about that without breaking the bank. Purchased this oven for us to use. Works perfect for our needs. Some light baking, toasting, and the occasional frozen pizza. Only have one gripe. No interior light. Not flashy but solid.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed in this product, November 23, 2010
I purchased this oven because it said it was from Wolfgang Puck. I had to return it because the oven door does not close all the way and heat escapes. I got a replacement oven and it had the same problem. I finally purchased a different brand of oven that works great. Sorry, but I would not recommend purchasing this product. The quality is very lousy. Wolfgang needs to get another manufacturer.

Rate and Discover Movies