4.0 out of 5 stars they work fine
Published on January 24, 2011 by steelchef america

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best
My wife and I bought Wolfgang Puck's Bistro series a few years ago and were very impressed. So impressed that we bought a smaller Bistro Elite set to round out our cookware inventory.

The Bistro series were made out of true 18/10 stainless steel and one piece, tri-ply bottom, blanks. They were also fairly heavy gauge steel.

Recently she bought this...
Published on February 9, 2011 by W. S. Gibson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars they work fine, January 24, 2011
This review is from: Wolfgang Puck Stainless Steel Cookware Set - 18 Pc
I am not sure why the other reviews are complaining about this set. I have had the set for over a year and am very happy with it. Why waste your money at williams sanoma for ridiculously over-priced all clad cookware? This set is basically the generic version of the all clads, and the stainless steel is fine. I have never heard of butter turning steel black or rusting it, and "everything sticks"? Use some oil! Many of the complaints in reviews I have read are a result of user error.

These are decently heavy and have a nice thick bottom. The lips on the sauce pans allow for easy pouring. The lids are glass, so you can see inside while cooking. My friend is a professional chef and uses the same wolfgang puck cafe set in his own home, except his is the older set with the cheaper handles. The handles on this set are a drastic improvement and stay cool on the range.

My only complaint would be the rivets that hold the handle to the pot. They are not stainless and have dents and scratches on them (like I care). I have read other reviews that say they corrode when left overnight with acidic food in them. It seems pretty obvious that this is a bad idea no matter what kind of rivets the pan has. I have soaked these in the sink overnight with dish detergent and water and never had a problem.

Overall this is a great value for how much you get. These are not the top of the line pots and pans but they work perfectly fine for home cooking. The utensils that come with it are a little thin and bendable, but they are all stainless and I guess a nice little bonus. This set comes with a lot for the money. Just because a celebrity chef slaps their name on a product, or it comes from china, doesn't always mean its going to be poorly made.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best, February 9, 2011
This review is from: Wolfgang Puck Stainless Steel Cookware Set - 18 Pc

Recently she bought this set for a house we are renting in FL. After reading the box I wasn't sure but for $100.00 I figured we could try them.

These are what he calls the Cafe series. They are not 18/10 stainless and will probably corrode without diligent care. They are a much thinner guage of metal. My biggest concern was the bottoms. They are not an integral part of the piece but tack welded on to the finished pot. Also the aluminum disk inside has been reduced to a scant 4mm.

After using them for a month I will say they perform better than expected. They do heat up quickly and evenly so cooking with them is a pleasant experience. They are NOT non-stick but no stainless is. On the down side because they are so thin the handles do get hot very quickly. It's not a big deal as long as you remember to test the handle before grabbing it or use a pot holder. I have had no trouble cleaning them and haven't experienced the staining others have mentioned.

When you consider a similar set from All-Clad would be around $1500.00 I guess they're not a bad deal. Just realize you are not going to get All-Clad quality and durability and you should be happy. I would recommend them for someone who absolutely cannot spend more than $100.00 for a decent assortment of cookware. It you're looking for top quality performance and lifetime durability then look elsewhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not as great as my dad's American made Emeril-ware but still darn nice, March 2, 2011
This review is from: Wolfgang Puck Stainless Steel Cookware Set - 18 Pc
When I first read reviews for this product I thought I would never own it. I pictured the set being just plan junk. My wife and I were not in the market for replacing our old Lynn's stainless steal set until we came upon them in one of the retail stores here in Reno. I picked them up and found myself just plan surprised with how heavy duty they seemed. I decided to buy the 10 qt stock, the 8 qt stock, the 6 qt stock, a 10 inch skillet and the 1.5, 2 and 3 qt sauce pans. After using them for a month I now have purchased a full set, including wok, two mini casserole pans and a Pizza serving plate. I really love this cookware.

I would say while it does not compare to my fathers American Made Emeril-ware set it is spot on when comparing it to the Emeril-ware now made in China. It is put together very well and the only problem I have is finding a good spot to store all the glass lids. The pots, pans and skillets I have hanging on the wall off of a pot rack but the lids just take up a ton of space for items I do not use too often. I wish the lids were more of universal sizes so that I could get rid of half of them.

I have cooked many different dishes over the last 3-4 months as I have a cooking website called [...]. We have made red wine sauces, soups, pasta, stir fried, roasted a chicken and made many other things without any of the defects I saw people complain of. I use a little olive oil and preheat my pans just as I have always with any stainless set with out a problem. The lids hold up well and the rivets hold tight! I can not see going wrong with this set if you like to cook and do not want to fork out a few grand for a professional set.

I hope you enjoy these pots and pans as much as we have! And if you figure out a better way to store the lids give me a heads up!

4.0 out of 5 stars wolfgang puck cookware set, January 12, 2013
This review is from: Wolfgang Puck Stainless Steel Cookware Set - 18 Pc
this is the bistro set, made in china. 18/10 stainless steel and fairly heavy feeling. i have the 1,2,3, 4 qt, with 11" deep dish chicken fryer skillet, all with lids. two lids have strain and pour feature which i like for some items.

been using this a year with no major complaints. paid about $75 for all buying separately through tj max. the lids can get hot to touch even though the handles do not. another little annoying issue is the rivet studs inside the pans, they can get in the way when stirring. the bottom clad piece is probably welded on but however it is applied it doesnt take away from the evenness of heating. in fact i'd say to use these pans on a low to medium heat at first or you'll burn your foods. these pans heatup slowly but once they've reached temperature all the heat seems to transfer to the inner surface, thus if you are impatient and have on a high heat you're likely to burn the food. cook on low or medium and you'll get much more from these then trying to rush the cooking on high. sometimes i start on high for a minute then turn down to medium, but if i forget to do this i will likely burn the food. all in all these are good cookware pieces which should satisfy the typical housewife or house husband (like me). if you are some sort of sous chef who has finnicky cooking needs then maybe you need to shop for high end extra costly cookware.

incidentally these are easy to clean but the bottoms will discolor with use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't understand the bad reviews - it's great cookware, December 26, 2012
This review is from: Wolfgang Puck Stainless Steel Cookware Set - 18 Pc
I don't understand the reviewers who wrote bad reviews. I bought a set of Wolfgang Pucks cookware, I think it was called the Bistro set. It was the 18/10 stainless steel. It is fantastic cookware. I have had my set for ten years or more and it looks like it did the day I bought it. And believe me, I use and abuse it. To the idiot that said the handles get hot. . . D-UH!! Of COURSE THEY GET HOT, IT'S STAINLESS STEEL. USE A POTHOLDER YOU MORON!! And the one that said they used SOS to clean it. That sure was STUPID!! Did you read the instructions? It tells you not to use abrasives like SOS or steel wool. So you did and now it's ruined. Whose fault is that? I have cooked many many meals with this set. I have sauted steaks and roasts in the skillet then popped it in the oven to finish cooking. The cookware gets burnt on sometimes so that it was black. But I would soak it in mild dish soap for 20 minutes or so and it came clean as it was new. People don't read the directions or use common sense and then blame the product. If I'm browning something in the skillet and then put it in the oven, then go to take it out OF COURSE I use a pot holder because I expect the handle to be hot. For gods sake, use common sense or your brain if you have one. I rate this cookware a five because I found it to perform like professional cookware and I am now buying a set for a gift for a friend. Give it a chance, buy one or two single pieces before you plunge into buying the set to try it. If you use them correctly, take care of them and cook like a pro, you will love these pans. Like I said, I've had my set for over ten years and they still shine like new even though they are well used. I do not use abrasives. Remember, they are NOT no stick pans so they won't act like that kind, but if you use butter or oil (or even not if you're browning a piece of meat with fat on it), and take care of them I have no doubt they will last a lifetime.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wo;fgang Puck Cookware, July 4, 2012
This review is from: Wolfgang Puck Stainless Steel Cookware Set - 18 Pc
Excellent value for an 18 piece set of stainless steel(copper lined) pots, pans and cooking utensils. i'm purchasing a 2nd set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Set!, November 30, 2011
This review is from: Wolfgang Puck Stainless Steel Cookware Set - 18 Pc
I have had my set since 2005 and the set works great. The wok pan is a little thin but works fine, but overall, it is a great set that I love to use. You can't complain about the price either.

4.0 out of 5 stars Serves its purpose., September 7, 2013
This review is from: Wolfgang Puck Stainless Steel Cookware Set - 18 Pc
Bought this set at Sam's Club. I didn't read the reviews here on Amazon before I bought it. The price I bought it for was affordable, $99.99. I've tried using the cookwares and so far I haven't had any problem. I suppose if you follow the directions, it works fine and it serves its purpose. I'm not expecting it to work like those $200-$300 or more cookwares but for me this works well. As far as cleaning goes, I handwash and then dry with towels to make sure there won't be rush issues. I haven't tried to put them in the dishwasher, but the instruction said it's better not to.

3.0 out of 5 stars it sticks, June 25, 2013
This review is from: Wolfgang Puck Stainless Steel Cookware Set - 18 Pc
really like the set but the skillet sticks when I try to fry an egg. The bigger pots are great. Just don't like the small skillet.

5.0 out of 5 stars GOOD CHOICE FOR SERIOUS COOK., September 19, 2010
This review is from: Wolfgang Puck Stainless Steel Cookware Set - 18 Pc
NOT YOUR AVERAGE 19.95 COOKWARE SET. THIS TAKE SOME GETTING USE TO.DIFFERENT COOKING TIMES AND TEMPERATURES ARE USED.HIGH QUALITY,WITH SPECIAL CLEANING NEEDED AT TIMES,BE PREPARED.RECOMMEND HIGHLY BUT FOR THE SERIOUS COOK ONLY.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›