Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Wolfgang Puck's Pizza, Pasta, and More!
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on November 23, 2000
Although Wolfgang Puck has become one of America's best known chefs, I have not been overlly impressed with either his restaurants, nor his prior cookbooks. This cookbook was in fact for me, a very nice surprise. Mr Puck shares with us his secrets for his famous pizza and pasta recipes, and every recipe I have tried from this book so far has been great. One favorite is his Savory Squash Soup, and another his Herbed Artichoke Pizza. The recipes are easy enough for a novice cook to follow, and the food photos are truly inspiring. It is difficult not to run to the kitchen after browsing through this book. This cookbook has definitely given me a more favorable opinion of Mr. Puck.
on September 4, 2001
As always, Puck gives us clever and innovative recipes, but this time they're better suited to professional chefs and restaurant budgets. I particularly point to recipes like the one for balsamic shallots which calls for a whole pound of shallots and one-and-a-half cups of balsamic vinegar. That much supermarket balsamic vinegar would be harsh and unpalatable, while a decently-aged balsamic from a specialty shop would take this dish, just a side dish after all, out of range for the average budget.
Also, I don't think his testing team did a thorough job. I found several errors, obvious to me because I'm a professional too. Regardless of these points, I think Puck is a terrific chef and teacher, although he just may have lost touch with what people will cook at home as opposed to what they would rather eat in a restaurant.
on May 23, 2001
Wolfgang Puck's skills as a chef and restauranteur are well established, but with this cookbook he joins the select group of food professionals (like Perla Meyer, Caprial Pence, and Alice Waters) whose knowledge translates beautifully into recipes a home chef can prepare readily. The recipes are not only well thought out and obviously thoroughly tested under home kitchen conditions, but the mix of flavors and textures is sublime. Puck's sensitivity to his ingriedients and his innovative flair for marrying ingriedients stand out: the dishes are exciting to eat and easy to prepare.
We've prepared probably 20 or more of the recipes in this book so far, and we find it perfect for those evenings when you want something pretty wonderful for dinner but you're played out from a hard day at the office.
VINE VOICEon February 14, 2003
I had never been too impressed with what I saw of Wolfgang Puck and his celebrity chef status until I had the opportunity to try one of his restaurants in LA. While I wasn't blown away by the originally of the menu (there is very little difference from California Pizza Kitchen), the excution was simply terrific. All of the food, though items you can find on many other menus, was incredibly tasty and well done.
Same can be said of this cookbook. There are recipes in it that you will find in other cookbooks, but the flavor of the dishes make it great. My favorites include the tortilla soup and the beet salad with blue cheese, both a nice combination of textures and flavors. While none of the pizza recipes in of themselves blew me away, the pizza dough recipe is one of the best I've worked with. Yeast doughs in general don't like to work for me, and maybe it is just that I finally got the hang of it with his recipe, but it was a great tasting dough which made a great base for any pizza.
on June 11, 2013
A Collection of Savory Recipes, Soups, Salads Pizzas and Pastas "Wolfgang Puck's Pizza, Pasta and More" a Small Book but filled with many Recipes, the Basics: Stocks, Sauces, Dressings and Condiments and much more, about 98 Recipes that are easy to read and to follow the Instructions, many Great Ideas for Pizza with many Tips and Suggestions and even a Recipe for Pizza Dough, Wolfgang uses Honey in his Dough and I was out of it so I substituted it for Maple Syrup Grade B, 1 teaspoon, I liked it and going to do it again next time, I think I Discovered Something Different

I make Beet Juice just about everyday, so I had to try "Roasted Beet Napoleon" apparently its a standard at Wolfgang's Spago Restaurant, the first time I tried it, I was Enticed and Lured by the Beautiful Color Picture, I substituted the Sliced Goat Cheese, for believe it or not, just regular Cottage Cheese, and no Hazelnuts, I like to use Buttery Creamy Cashew Nuts...Wow, that was so Good, my Family and I really liked it, I've done it many times with different kinds of Cheeses even "Manchego Cheese" and its a Great Appetizer no wonder its the most Striking and Elegant Appetizer served at his Restaurant

There are many Simple Recipes to make "Roasted Whole Garlic" "Chili and Garlic Oil" and even "Vegetable Stock" there are others a little different, especially if you like Balsamic Vinegar and Shallots "Balsamic Glazed Shallots" with a whole 1-1/2 Cups of Balsamic Vinegar and 1 Pound of Shallots, ...no, I haven't tried it yet, I wouldn't know where to use that for. Who knew you can reduce Balsamic Vinegar, ... I didn't, Wolfgang shows you how in the "Balsamic Reduction Recipe" I always wanted to learn how to make the Traditional Italian Recipe "Beef Bolognese Sauce" not that Complicated to make and My family Loved it. Many Great Recipes for every different Taste in this Little Small Cookbook "Wolfgang Puck's Pizza, Pasta and More! ...Thank You D.D.
on July 8, 2002
This book include many great recipes that can all be made with simple, inexpensive ingriedients. Many a time have I impressed guests by using these recipes. These recipes were created by the well known chef, Wolfgang Puck. After some practice, one cook these delicious recipes and the results will be so outstanding, the food will taste as if it came from a restaurant. Before the purchase of this book, it is best if one has had some previous experience cooking.
on May 25, 2001
Rarely do I find a cookbook where I actually WANT to make every recipe. This cookbook is one of them.
I've made the pizza's the pastas! Last night I made fresh spinach pasta. It was delicious and fun.
I would HIGHLY recommend this book if you are a lover of California Cuisine. It's worth every penny!
on November 30, 2009
This is a lovely little book that celebrates the simplicity of pizza and pasta. I cannot recall the "more" at the moment, but I believe there are some sauces, broths, and breads included.

The book contains colorful pictures and narrative from the chef himself. The recipes are broken down into step-by-step, easy to follow sections. The ingredients are simple and fresh, and easily located.

I recommend this book if you are a pizza or pasta fanatic. It will bring some new ideas to the table, quite literally.
on December 27, 2007
Delicious recipes. I would recommend this cookbook for any fan of his cuisine. We go to his restaurant at the MGM whenever we're in Vegas and love the gnocchi's, but my son can eat two (or three)orders at one sitting! At $22.00 a plate, this can get expensive. Now I can make them myself for a fraction of the cost.
on March 1, 2016
I always like this chef. Thank you.