Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Black Friday egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts Under $50 Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Black Friday Deals Shop Now DOTD

on July 4, 2011
I have been buying this boot for work for many years,and at one time it was made in the USA. I was very happy with the wear and quality of the shoe. Well Wolverine started making this shoe in China and the sole split on the last pair I bought after a few months.On my most recient purchase the tab you use to pull the boot on pulled off after two weeks. I returned that pair got my money back and am looking for a new boot now.These boots look just like the made in USA one but dont hold up as well
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 19, 2012
I have worn wolverine shoes for many years. They used to last and had great craftsmanship...BEFORE sending our jobs to China. These look the same but the quality left with our jobs. I was working Health and Safety at a large project and can testify that we had several pairs we bought for our workers that didn't last 6 months (some less than one month). The store which we purchased them would not make adjustments so we were forced to buy new pairs for many of our workers.

I still have a pair of Rocky's that are over 6 years old and are very usable but are steel toed which makes if difficult working at a nuclear plant and their metal detectors. I also have a pair of Wolverine boots that are over 10 years old and are still usable.

Wolverine kept the name and the price but the quality they sent away with our jobs. Shame on Wolverine!

Note: The pair I currently have stitching has torn and the soles are coming apart at the heal. Many of the other boots that we had to re-purchase (replace) were less than a year old. The issues were torn stitching, soles coming apart at the stitching and some soles torn across the bottom.

I would think twice and then think again before buying another Wolverine product. I recommend you doing the same.

P.S. The reason I did not give it one star is out of kindness and the fact the shoe laces are of good quality. Wolverine that is a gift for your current product really deserves a one star.
on November 1, 2013
Narrow for me at the toe. Laces broke fast ( not a big deal). Loops on the back ripped on a month (a little annoying). The rubber/polyurethane sole blew out in the heel overnight (it seemed) it just dissolved right in the middle. Spent the whole day at work looking like I was wounded. After 1.5 yrs light office/shop use, never used them at home because of the narrow toe. Saved my vasque hiking boots for that.
on January 16, 2012
I needed composite toe boots because I walk through metal detectors at work. I work inside a warehouse and power plant, so they didn't need to be insulated. Was looking for a pair that were compareable to a pair of my old RedWings. Purchased these boots two years ago. I like them. Not as nice as the RedWings, but they'll do.
on November 11, 2013
Big fan of these boots... I'm a winemaker and constantly in water, chemicals, and beat the hell out of my shoes. These hold up to the abuse and finally found a replacement for my old boots which got discontinued. Quality good and they actually don't leak unlike other "waterproof" shoes I've had.

I found that they where run about 1/2 size larger than normal and had to send my first pair back
on March 4, 2014
I have been using this model boot for 3 1/2 years first pair lasted 1.5 years before sole separated from boot. I am a generator mechanic and boots I wear are exposed to petrochemicals constantly. They will keep your feet dry. They are comfortable. Still on my second pair. I have used redwing, justin, doc martin and timberland work boots. These have held together the longest.