Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Get Ready for the Winter Gifts Under $50 Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Black Friday Deals Shop Now Tikes

on July 18, 2011
I was in need for new boots and didn't want to spend 300 on Redwing boots. So I decided to give Wolverine a try. I have had these boots for 5 months and have to say i'm very pleased. They are half the price and and feel just as good. As of now they look and feel the same as day one. Actually compared to Red Wing boots they have much better laces, which are thicker and with the lace holders going up the boot being plastic it eliminates the laces wearing out. (Red Wing Uses Metal) I work on concrete and blacktop which would typically cause very quick wear on the soles. They are still 95 percent after 5 months. Glad I decided to make the switch. This was a hard choice for me as im on my feet 50+ hours a week in all conditions, but i'm glad I made the switch.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 27, 2012
Extremely comfortable and built to last. Hard to find in a mens 10.5 though. So glad I checked Amazon
because even the Wolverine website was backordered month after month and the price was at least $60.00
more than Amazon. Great buy and great boot!
on October 13, 2013
So OK, maybe you're the type who just needs a pair of boots occasionally. That's OK, everybody has their needs, but you might want to read some of the other reviews about looking good or great value or whatever, I'm writing here about foot encasements and the men who appreciate them. Let's assume for the moment that you're a guy who doesn't go to the gym because you get all the exercise you need as you earn your living. You know, and appreciate, the difference between the design of Milwaukee, Dewalt and Bosch tools. You have a tendency to not only appreciate the curves of a woman as she walks by, but you'll also find yourself calculating the angles of force she applies to her stride, see the mechanics of force she applies to getting from here to there... If you can relate to that then you're the guy I'm writing for.
This is the second pair of these I've bought in the last six years. Having bought the first pair I haven't had to buy another until just recently. If I'd have done the right thing and bought a second pair back then so I could alternate them from day to day as we should do to make shoes last I'd probably have had them last the rest of my life. But then you wouldn't be reading my review of my second pair would you?
So now you know I like these boots... Here's why: I'm a tough fit for shoes. Not only do I spend nearly all my time on my feet, but I have a full shoe size difference between them, And I haven't yet found someone else with my tastes in footwear and the opposite foot size difference to split pairs with. So I usually have both shoes fit just a little bit, or a lot depending on the foot, loose. Now these boots can be drawn up tightly enough over their whole length to take up the slack and keep them from rubbing blisters onto my feet.
As a remodeling carpenter I spend a lot of time running into and out of peoples homes and the shallow tread on the soles keeps me from tracking huge amounts of mud and crap in with me, simplifying clean-up at the end of the day. But it still gives me plenty of traction on the side hill as I carry the materials around to the back deck.
The padded collar fits snugly enough without pinching that it keeps the sawdust and debris from getting down into my boots and eating up my time as I clear it out.
The insulation is a good bit of why these boots are so comfortable. In the summer time, yeah, I'm a little warmer than I need to be and I get a bit of "sweat squish" going on in my socks, but it's not bad, and certainly better than the blisters I get with lesser boots. In the winter time I can stand outside all day long in the slush and puddles of an Indiana winter and still keep my mind on what I'm trying to accomplish rather than how uncomfortable I am.
The safety toe... This is a feature that you don't think much about till you need it... And no one plans on needing it... But when you find your foot trapped under five cubic feet of rough cured concrete in the trailer Sam the ready-mix man cleaned his chute out into, and as you stand there wondering why you can't even rotate your boot out from under the load, and wonder if you could possibly reach that spud bar laying just outside the tailgate of the trailer without breaking your ankle... You'll be real glad some unnamed designer working a thankless job in some office somewhere did such a good job at meeting some OSHA design regulation that you couldn't possibly quote if your life depended on it. If your spud bar is far enough away, you'll even have time to consider how well that designer did in making it work so well that the boots don't even seem the least bit heavy. Nuf said about that...

Anyway... I like these boots, and I think you will too. They'd be cheap at twice the price.
on May 19, 2014
I bought a pair of these Wolverines over a year ago, they've been awesome! They were the most comfortable, best fitting, pair of shoes I've ever put on! Although the waterproofing only lasted about 5-6 months, the overall construction of the shoe is top quality - no tears, no holes! My first pair I ordered was an EXTRA WIDE size, and the fit was perfect for my extra wide Hobbit feet. I finally had to retire my old ones because the soles on them were so worn out that the shoe had become uncomfortable to wear during the long hours on the jobsites. So I ordered the same exact pair, the shipping was quick, and I received them in perfect condition. The only problem was, when I put the shoes on, the left shoe was too narrow!? The overall length was perfect, but it still didn't feel right. I pulled out my old, beaten-up pair, and placed them next to the new ones to see if there was any difference. I also placed them sole to sole, with the old on top of the new ones, to compare them, and to get a more accurate look at the width of both shoes. I found my old Wolverines to be much wider than the new pair! I've worn the new ones for about a week now, hoping they would widen and stretch, but unfortunately it did not happen. I worked for 6 days straight, on 12-14 hour shifts, so it should have stretched to some degree! I wonder if my shoes were mislabeled? Any how, the left shoe feels like a medium width shoe, even though the tag on the tongue of the shoe says "EW." I don't doubt the quality of the shoes made by Wolverine, but the fit of the EW in this batch of shoes does not give it the 5 star rating for me. I'm disappointed, to say the least. I'm taking these shoes to a cobbler to get them stretched, hopefully it'll work!
on December 8, 2013
I have bought and worn out a number of these boots under rugged conditions. I have never had a case of a defect or bad fit. I have learned a few things about this boot. It is not a good idea to step on burning charcoal embers because they will melt through the gummy outer sole. That made more places for mud to get trapped. Also when the leather cracks at bends at the bottom of the laces, they will leak. You can use an oil to close the cracks some. I have used mink oil on mine as soon as I get them and again when the wear creates a knapped surface or when small cracks appear. To me, it is a shame to retire a pair of boots with a perfectly good sole and upper but they leak. The sole provides a great grip on wet surfaces and wears a long time. I like the steel toe version, but the only case of wear through on the leather was on the steel toe on one pair as I recall. I did have one case of the sole cracking creating a leak by too aggressively digging out mud with a knife. Use a stiff brush instead. There is probably not a perfect boot out there that last forever, but this one really tries.
on December 8, 2012
I've owned these for about a year now. I purchased them because I was without a car and had to ride my bike to school and work from November to March of the winter months. I didn't realize it was a steel toed boot when I bought it, but that didn't make a huge difference in the comfort. These are by far the best boots I've ever purchased. The durashock feature is great. I never have any foot pain and my feet stay toasty warm. The ONLY negative I've found is that they can at times be too warm. So when I'm indoors more than outdoors, I only lace them up to the ankle then tie them up there. That leaves enough breathing room to be comfortable indoors as well as warm enough for outdoors. I may buy another pair of Wolverines in a low top instead of high top, but I still cherish these boots. I've skidded out in them, scruffed up the leather, and they're still kick'n strong. With as hard as I've been on them, I'd say they're almost more of an Army boot than work boot.
on November 17, 2014
I just received my new pair of boots. I have this exact pair of boots that I have had for about 10 years. That pair is still in pretty good shape, so they last. The only difference is that the tag on the old boots said "Assembled in USA". The new tag says "Made In China". That is really too bad. The new boots look as good as the old ones. I guess we shall see if they last as long as my old pair. For size reference, my old boots and this new pair are size 11 and fit great. I have hundreds of pairs of Asics running shoes and they are all size 11.5.
on January 7, 2014
Awesome boots. I bought them as a Christmas present. And he was sceptical at first since he never owned a pair. Only bought redwings in the past. But since then we tried other inexpensive boots. And they were not good. I guess you get what u pay for. So I went out on a whim and bought the wolverines the price was great and He was amazed at the comfort and durability. He is in them for 12 hrs a day. And no feet or back pain. Where as the last pair of no name boots his body would hurt after a 12 hr day.
on August 21, 2013
I have been wearing this specific boot for going on 10 years now. This pair is no different. Fits great, don't have to worry about sore feet during break in process. Where I work at, the floors stay wet constantly and I work with electricity. These boots have all the required safety ratings my company demands. I remember paying more for these in the past when the local shoe stores stocked them. But there is no one in my town that carries this boot anymore. Way to go Amazon. Thanks
on April 1, 2014
I work in water and chemicals and if I knew they were going to discontinue this boot I would stock up on them. They fit from day one and I have gotten as little as 13 months up to 23 months out of them. Great boot with a lot of endurance!!