Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on September 18, 2010
I have thousands of slides and photos going back to the 1950s. Unfortunately, I seldom use my five Nikon film cameras any more. I had all my slides and photos stashed in boxes going back into the 1950s. This small, easy to use digital converter has been an excellent way being able to see those old pictures again. It takes 33mm slides and negatives and 3x5, 4x6 and 5x7 photos. It does an excellent job of converting those pictures to digital pictures. It does four slides at one time at in less than two seconds each, stores the images on an SD card and downloads them quickly to your computer. It stores the pictures at 10mp. I'm very pleased with the process and the technical support that the Wolverine company provides to get you started. It's almost impossible to find slide projectors and slide viewers and by digitizing the slides you can easily see them on your computer or TV screen.
22 comments|285 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 22, 2010
Not what I was expecting, very cheaply made and not worth the money. Purchased this item and had it shipped to the in-laws house so that I could scan and convert my wife's old family photos to digital media. We arrived at the in-law's house for vacation. The package arrived in great shape and on time. We were all very excited about converting precious family photos to digital jpegs so that they could be shared, saved, and protected. I read the directions fully and then began to scan the photos. It was a very easy process and initially the quality seemed great, although....500 photos, and a lot of my time away from family, later I began to notice an irregularity in the scanned jpegs. I reviewed all of the photos and I began to see an artifact, the same image in all the photos. The artifact showed up especially on dark photos, or those printed on gloss paper and yes it can be seen on all of them, some less than others. It turns out that the image on the jpegs is a reflection of the aperture in the case of the scanner. I lifted the flap were the photos are inserted and saw that the aperture on the inside is the exact shape of the artifact on the jpegs. The problem is that the inside of the scanner "box" is all white and the light reflects off of the photo and onto the hole where the image is taken, back to the photo and then back to the imager; this then leads to the artifact on the photos. I am very disappointed with the images and the fact that I did not notice it until I had completed so many photos, which I will have to redo with another product. I would diffidently not waste my time or money on the product, especially if you are looking for quality.
1212 comments|477 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 26, 2010
Was a little leary ordering this product after reading the very mixed reviews. Having thousands of slides, I figured if it was that bad I could return it. This product has done everything stated. I love it, it is truly amazing. I have done over 1000 slides and a few hundred pictures with many more to come. If you follow the instructions and proper settings the results come out as they should. I highly recommend this product.
0Comment|104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 27, 2010
I've been looking for a product to copy and digitize tons of photos I have stored in boxes. I thought this would be an easy and convenient way to shares these photos with others on-line. I have read all of the reviews posted here and can say from my own experience the SNAP arrived in perfect condition and working order and I experienced no problems as related by others. The SNAP is easy to use and copies 3x5, 4x6 and 5x7 photos almost "instantly". I have not used it for negatives or slides at this point. The pictures come out a bit on the bright side. This can be remedied by adjusting the EV setting. I have not seen any artifacts as described by others. The overall scanned picture quality is ok. There is a loss of sharpness and detail. If sharpness is your ultimate need I would not suggest purchasing the SNAP but a "real" scanner. I have a scanner but it takes forever to scan pictures. As I said the SNAP works almost instantly. If you just want to digitize pictures to save and share this should fit the bill.
on December 13, 2010
I have about 3500 slides to copy and who knows hoe=w many prints so I needed a photo and slide converter. I proceeded to buy and returned 4 different brands of slide converters before I bought this one. I finally got a good one. This model is very fast and easy to use and produces very acceptable jpegs. I would highly recommend.
on November 28, 2010
After undergoing a project to digitize all of my old 35MM negatives with an Epson transparency scanner, I thought I should look into a way to complete the project quicker since it takes about a minute per picture on average to scan. Reading the reviews and products available on Amazon, this Wolverine looked like it had decent quality and extremely fast results (5 seconds per). Well, to make a long story short, the results were less than impressive. I compared the scan from my Epson to this product and there was absolutely NO COMPARISON. The Epson scanner gave me realistic and rich colors, good depth and overall a very accurate digital representation of my 35MM negatives. The Wolverine, on the other hand, gave me a washed out, blue-tinted picture that looked nothing like the original. While it did a decent and acceptable job on any shots that were taken outside, it did horribly on anything that was taken inside. Overall, if speed is all you care about and you just want to catalog your pictures, then this is fine. But if you want something that you can actually share with others and make print outs with, I do not recommend this at all. Lastly, I tried this only with 35MM negatives so it may work better for pictures and slides....
on November 23, 2010
I knew what I was getting in this item: a simple to use, even without a computer, picture "scanner" (it actually takes a picture like digital camera, but in close-up) with fair quality.

Ease of use is stunningly simple in this day and age of complex digital interfaces, but I wanted something that my parents can use without having to worry too much about settings. This does the job very well.

Another poster mentioned the problem with the dark spot in the middle, but I found that if you adjust the lighting appropriately can you eliminate it, or at minimum make it almost invisible. Since this will not replace the photos (I'll always keep them), it will at least allow me to share them.

You can do approximately 200 pictures per hour, if they're all the same size. You could probably do more if you have the negatives since you can do 4 in a row with just a slight push.

In short, I recommend it, but don't expect the quality of the original picture--my use will be to use these images in videos and digital picture frames, so keep that in mind.
on March 14, 2011
When I first got this unit I was disappointed because all photos were very blue in color. I then called Wolverine tech support. It was very easy to get through to them and they were very helpful. They sent me a program update which I installed and now I am happy with the machine. Before the update the only feature that the operator of the machine could adjust was photo brightness. Now after the update the operator can adjust brightness and also the red, green, and blue colors separately.
This makes it much more possible to get a good photo copy.
on July 24, 2010
For the price it is very good. It takes care to load the slide tray, but scanning is fast and the quality is very good.
on April 26, 2011
Let me start by saying, I love this machine. I used it to convert over 2000 prints to digital images far faster than I could have done it on my scanner. It worked flawlessly with 3x5, 4x6 and 5x7 35mm prints. I also converted 1242 slides easily, something I couldn't do with my scanner. It's also supposed to be able to convert 35mm negatives to jpeg images, something I didn't try. I stored the pictures directly on an 8 gb memory card, which I purchased separately. The only problem I had in the whole process was that when I got around 1000 images copied to the folder (100COACH) on the card, I couldn't add any more pictures. After a call to Wolverine's customer service number, a very nice man explained to me that a folder (or at least their 100COACH folder) can only hold around 1000 jpeg images. When it reaches this limit, their machine just stops adding images to the folder (something not explained in their manual). He said to hook up the SNaP100 to my computer and rename the folder from 100COACH to something else, and then I could continue to convert images. The machine will store the pictures in a new folder it will create named 100COACH. It worked. Despite this little glitch, I still love the ease of use and versatility of this machine. It comes with everything you need so, I don't recommend buying extra holders, unless you have an extra pair of hands to load them for you. It also comes with a cord with a USB plug and an adapter to use in an AC outlet.

See 1 answered question